About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 1 July 2015

ARTastic JULY 15 - Oma Poppa Special day LO Charlie

I suspect you MM peeps might enjoy our latest ARTastic challenge
There's a FABULOUS painting from SHIRLEY CHARLTON.
Besides being inspired by the painting, you must use some WET MEDIUM - such as water colours, inks, mists, crumpled tissue.....etc.
I REALLY went to town with this one. Sort of threw the whole scrap room at it.
Started with white cardstock.
Added inks, mists, paints from DUSTY ATTIC, gesso [both clear & white!], masks, stamps...
LOTS of water & even some twinkling H2O's!!!!
I ADORED the colours and that sort of lined texture in the painting.
I hope you can see how I used it in my finished page here:
These photos weren't great quality, but this little girl adores here grandparents - as you can see, so I altered them as best I could:)
Here's a couple of collages to sort of show you my background process.
I did probably over 10 layers!!!
Then this followed. I didn't take photos of EVERY layer. Luckily for you guys!!
And a few closies. Cos I can!!!
 Since this was at Charlie's school chapel in the morning, I thought the 'good morning' worked!
 The wood hearts are coloured with Gelatos.
 A special day indeed. You don't often get your Kiwi grandparents to school in Oz!
Some of my older flair have started to get rust spots...
it doesn't really worry me - if you choose the LO you pop them on, they look fine:)
I hope you can join us at ARTastic this month!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

21 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the colour and pavement effect. It's a shame some of our photo's are not the best quality, but still need to be documented and scrapped. I think you did a good job with the photos. A beautiful layout Lizzy
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!! well financial year that is..... This looks wonderful.. love all the work you have put into your back ground.. that painting is an amazing to use for inspiration.. I wonder if I will get more time this month to join in with stuff" ?? humm.. I hope so.. love your layout.. special photos and love all your special embellies too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page. Your background is A M A Z I N G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwww! This is STUNNING!! LOVING those photos in B&W against that GORGEOUS background!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm blown away by all those layers of background..wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the picture!! The colours are just so spot on, and the layout is just perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOOOVELYYYY!!!! This is so awesome Lizzy!! Your bg work is heavy stuff, LOVE it!! Great inspiration for the challenge, thanks!! Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. {Insert unnecessarily long whistle noise here} woweeeeeee. This is incredibly fantastic. That background captures the inky spirit of that painting to a TEE! I love to see your process, so thank you for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout. Wow, you built a gorgeous background (thanks for the photos). The pictures are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh goodness, this is a very special very artistic page of yours! I spotted it on Facebook and was dying for it to show up in my inbox so I could take a good gander at it....I really love it....I think it's one of your best pages honest! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning take on the challenge Lizzy and congrats on the win for your oyster shed canvas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lizzy what a beautiful colour palette! love these details, so great! and soooo pretty photos ))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow wow wow Lizzy, you have excelled yourself here ... absolutely exquisite and fantabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. That background is phenomenal. I can totally imagining you throwing the whole scraproom at it...lol
    It's a beautiful piece.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab page. I just love that print and you have used the colours and patterns from it beautifully. Awesome work Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOw..what an Artsy inspiration and your page too.Glad you took the in-process photos ,its very possible to overlook the details on final page .Mind blowing work on the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaaawesome!!!! Love all those layers of mediums - just the best way to get such intricate interest going on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't you believe you started with white cardstock! Amazing transformation, and the colours are just like the painting. You're so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your LO caught my eye at ARTastic and I had to come over to see how you created the gorgeous background. As always, I love the layers and you have inspired me to get creating :) Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow....this is just beautiful! I soooooo love the colouring and you can certainly see the inspiration from the painting! Love the background and styling....it makes for a stunning page! A definite favourite for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)