About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge & Scrap it with a Song:

I was checking out how often I'd entered ANOTHER FREAKING SCRAPPY challenge
....about 28 times! But November 2014 was the last time I played!
About time I got back to it, eh???
So, this month the word in the title or journaling is AWESOME.
How EASY is that?!!!
Now, I got in a pickle. My photos were of Lucas jumping off rocks at the beach.
So, I thought I'll rip some paper [waves] & add some texture [rocks].
Sounds great eh? Weeeeellllllll..... if you can bear to peek, check out this MESS:
Oh GOLLY GOSH! Buuuutt.....you know me. Never chuck. Add stuff.
So on with the sprays & splats. EEEEK! WORSE [if possble!!!]......HAAAALP!
Black Gesso......where are youuuuuuuuuu???????????
Oh, I adore this stuff. Even if it only gets used occasionally. Still worth
its weight in gold.
Then I had the light bulb moment  to add some white 'picture' frames & so it evolved:
Sanded back some of the textured bits too. Bonus! And the end result:
I used the 'awesome' in the journaling & wrote it on that banner & sketched in
the arrows as well.
And a closie:
He had such fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, my Italian scrappy mate Giorgia Rossini has taken over running 
& my other good
 French scrappy friend, MARIE-CHRISTINE has just gotten onto the DT!
So of course I had to join in & support them!
I do love doing this challenge - soooo easy to pull whatever you want from the song
and scrap it!
There are 2 song choices, I went with Florence and The Machine - 
'Never let me Go'.
Here is my hidden journaling, based on how the words in the 
song title made me feel:
And I have had this photo for a year! Waiting for the right moment to scrap it.
Which was now...
serendipity, I love thee!
Isn't it the CUTEST???!!!!! One of those sheets of paper with 'left over' Dusty Attic paints
and left over spray ink stencil smooshed on.
It's been in the cupboard for ages, too!! 
Up top left, I've punched some circles out of the card stock and added them to the bg.
My hidden journaling is under those top tabs. The title letters were a bit small,
but punching out circles for them kept with the circle motif and now they stand out
nicely!
The wine coloured paper is recycled from a cookery book!
The holes were in it already - easy to add some twine!!
Thanks Mitra for that flair! And the tab is Flutterby Designs.
Mitra sent me that die cut, too. Perfect as well;) This cluster gave the page a bit of balance,
 I figured.....
it was FUN scrapping both these pages.
Thanks for checking them out ~ & you know where to head for some scrappy inspiration!!!
Lizzy ♥♥♥

28 comments:

  1. Weeellll !! What did you say.... Clever Clogs !!!!!!!! Indeed my friend!!!! Both LOs looking just perfect and you are sooooo creative my friend! I envy you!!! Never say never to Lizzy :) You are a super star and I an so happy I found you and your never ending inspiration that just flows around you :) Thank You<3 Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where the first layouts journey went Lizzy and with the second one what wonderful journalling to be found and read with pleasure.
    Don't forget you have spending money with me. Time To Create

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super beautiful layout!!! I love it!!! thanks for playing with SIWAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout Lizzy (hehehe)....you are so creative and clever... How good is that black gesso....I have an unopened jar in my stash...note to self...must get it out and start using it..Love how it turned out. The white frames look fantastic.
    Special photo and journaling on the 2nd layout...Love it !
    Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning pages Lizzy!! Love how you 'saved' the first one and came up trumps .. yayyy for black gesso!! .. and your arrangement of the photos .. simply magic!! Like Janice, I haven't used mine yet, but I love how that page turned out .. those white frames! .. brilliant!!! Might have to get mine out and try it!! Love your second page too .. such a sweet photo and the journaling is a lovely read. Your work is always amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great chalkboard look you got up with that black gesso! Do tell what white pen you used...I really need a good one! Rock star Lucas pages! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow!! These are AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the textures!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both super gorgeous. Love how you have sanded back bits on the "blackened" one. Ooooo I know what you mean about the grandies........I don't want to let mine go either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha - I was wondering where that first design was going. Luckily black gesso stepped in and saved the day in a MAJOR way. Love the chalkboard effect. And your second page is like an homage to polka dots! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only you Miss Lizzy could rescue that first attempt and turn it into a stunner. What joy little boys are and how lucky are we, that they want to share their precious lives with us? The sweet photo of man and boy connected just tugs at my heart strings. Inspirational pages both of them. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lizzy! both layouts are amazing! I love the black gesso on the first one and how you did the white frames - pure genius!!!! It's spectacular! And your second layout is so sweet and wonderful. I just love that hidden journaling! It touched my heart! Thanks for sharing your work with all of us, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep i know to head to YOUR blog for inspiration, there is always something inspirational happening here.. love the save in the first layout.. I love black.. we should all use it more I reckon.. and love the sweet photo in the second layout.. so lovely you have a grandie to scrap.. I love watching him grow.. and I sigh...hehe.. I hope you are keeping warm.. still cool up this way.. but not as bad as last friday.. that was a chiller!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving both of these! I found it very interesting - how you saved the first background with black gesso. I don't even have black gesso - cool!!! It turned out really great! TFS!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. so great creations Lizzy! the first one is my fav - looks intresting in this palette, chalcboard effect is wonderful! think I should try it too ))) really love this combination of colorful photos and black background wirh texture

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL you make me laugh with the black gesso stuff :)
    and: I received your gift my sweetie friend... I love you!
    thanks for playing with SIWAS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see you back at AFSC , and a girl of my own heart ~ never give up on a layout and what a transformation. and you ended up with great texture. I have not been game to try black gesso yet, not as brave as you . The second one, what can I say , I just LOVE it, that photo ! and your journalling is beautiful. Gosh Lucas must just love Fridays. I really love the title and the flair is perfect as well. A beautiful photo and a beautiful layout , that makes me feel the love
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have completely transformed the mess (as you say it !) in AWESOME Page !! I loved the black bg ,white frames and the textures ! The circles on second one are wOw..loved the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my my my Lizzy - when I saw the first red/white "beauty" come up on my screen - I looked at the title to see whose it was and it said YOU... I clicked in fast... totally alarmed that there was any chance you had made that - eheheheheheheh. Now I am laughing out loud!!!!!!!!! YOU FOOLED ME big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad to see how you redeemed your layout - eheheheh. It's FABULOUS now - of course! Love it. And the second one just totally steals hearts... so precious. I loved seeing these and hearing about your grandson too. I understand... I have four and they are growing so fast - so hard to let go! LOVED THIS ENTIRE POST. Thanks bunches. j.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh Lizzy what a contrast . Saw the first pic and thought woe nice start and then you changed it up . Love your dramatic crafty take on things .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowsers - that is an incredible transformation!!! Loving the black gesso, how awesome is that?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow love both of your layouts. The journaling is amazing. I feel the same way with my grandchildren. You are very talented. Thank you for playing and linking up to SIWAS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, you made wonderful pages again Lizzy! Thank you for playing again with us at SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Lizzy, you made a beautiful layout like usually!!
    So happy you joining us at SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful pages Lizzy and such a great recovery on the first one! Looks a bit like a chalk background...and the white frames and accents are perfect! Such fun photo's and the sentiment really made my heart catch....I feel the same way about my son, who just seems to be growing up so fast and I am trying to hold onto his hand, while I still can. He turns 8 on Tuesday....cannot believe it! Love the second page too and the styling so super, along with the precious photo! It also made me emotional....I can still remember when Joe was just as little.... You atre so right about having photo's and scrapping to keep those little memories alive too! ;-) Have a super weekend Lizzy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  25. Great save Lizzy & love the second one as well. I also try to save things I find disastrous & have only actually thrown away 2 mid way creations in over 10 years scrapping! I can't bear to do it but sometimes it's a relief if you've been fighting with a piece of paper too long LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great job on "saving" the layout! The end project looks very good indeed! And love the play with circles on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is one of my faves - but I have so many many faves of yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)