About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 6 June 2015

LESSology LACE JUNE challenge - BUTTERFLY BOX

 photo Design-team-member-Lizzy_zps8033ad7b.jpg
Hi there! LESSology has an easy challenge this month. Use lace! And since it can be any sort of project [as long as you use at least one upcycled or recycled item], I reckon that makes it even easier!
I'm gradually altering my boxes and tins in my study & my craft room. So, today was this black box's turn:
My aim is blue, with a little green and pink as my craft room colours. Aim, I DID say!!! Probably never happen....but I'm trying;)
Anyways, here's the box now:
I've made lace butterflies! Started with food packaging. Punched the shapes. Gessoed and painted the butterflies.
 
 Added some lace, then mica flakes.
 
Cut them up, then sealed, added a little gesso [pink] and some Inkagold [in gold!] as finishing touches. 
The bodies & antennae are Liquid Pearls:
To create the box, I gessoed, then painted with Dusty Attic paints. Added some texture paste with a mask:
Then popped on some stamping, went over the whole box with a light champagne folk art paint....& smudged in a little Gelato in pink:
And then the final touch was some heat embossing with a stamp in gold:
And one final 'pretty' photo:
Hope I've motivated you to try and add a bit 'o' lace to summat or t'other!!!
Check it out over HERE!
We've a gorgeous prize pack to win:
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Turned out a treat , I love how you made the lace butterflies and the touch of embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful project. I LOVE the lace butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lace butterflies are fab! And I LOVE the shot of your collection of altered boxes. It just goes to show what a little bit of vision can do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! I am LOVING what you did with those butterflies!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weeeeell, I'm totally in love with the GOLD! It really lifts the lace butterflies and the sides of the box with the flourish stamp.
    You really do detail fabulously!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Lizzy! These days I am enjoying altered items more & more - altering them I mean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fabulous, Lizzy. I love what you are doing with all your "scrappy stash" containers. The lace butterflies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what a transformation Lizzy. Your shelf looks so totally different without the black box. LOVE how you RECREATED it so BEAUTIFULLY. j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layering Lizzy!! I love the gold! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lizzy! I hope your weekend is going well! Holiday from school for us tomorrow! I had a wonderful day at the scrap show yesterday! Did a class with Heather and finished off the layout this afternoon.. Had a good spend!hehe.. Got lots of new dies..but wished I could have gotten so many more... But happy with what I got! Anyway enjoy the rest of the weekend! Oh love your decorations on the box, clever creating with the butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable butterflies! Love that you are making your own storage! Lovely LESSology project there! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the progress you've made in your scraproom! Another lovely addition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...that box turned out super cute...I love the little glimpse of your scraproom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waaaaay cool Lizzy.....this box turned out beautifully! ;-) While you're busy re-doing all the boxes and tins in your craft room....can you also come and do mine????? ;-)))))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)