About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 10 June 2015

It's time for a card. Or two *winks*!!!

Hi there! I haven't had a lot of scrapping time this past little while.
 When this happens, I find making a card a good alternative.
 I can still 'get creative' - but it doesn't take quite as long as a LO.
Mind you, by the time I did these 4 cards.....but we won't go there!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did follow the sketch. I DID!!!
There's a piece of lace behind, which is the 'film strip'. And the flowers are the 3 squares in front.
I made my own round 'badges', by stamping chevrons on white card, 
running around the edge with Distress ink,
then covered with a resin adhesive round.
And the chevrons in white are actually cork that I've coated in white nail polish!
Added a splash of gesso & voila!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, I didn't have an actual poinsettia stamp - but I figured this flower was close enough!
The bg card was sitting there, doing nothing. I'd discarded it after I'd tried 
to do some dry embossing using distress ink.
I thought it might work for this card!
The green is not part of the card! I sat the card on it because my desk was a bit dirty!
Added some gold heat embossing because it IS a Christmas card!!!
I had fun colouring up these images!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been following the lovely Becca Cruger for a while & wanting to join in with this challenge.
It was just getting time! I don't have any STAMPloration stamps -
luckily you don't need any to join in!!!
 The reverse side of that embossed with Distress ink card!
I added some heat embossed triangle stamps, then the others as well. The splatters
are also a stamp. And
I've tied some thread around.
That seems quite popular atm, & I like the effect for a man card:)
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And to finish, I reiterate. I did follow the sketch. I DID!!
The polka dot bg is now a dry embossed one:
I wanted to 'play' with white on white texture! The circle element
I've interpreted in the leaves circling the sentiment.
The buttons replace those smaller circles on the sketch!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, there you have it.
Trying to write this post has taken me 3 hours.
Lots of other stuff happening here, which is most unusual!
Anyways, I hope it actually makes sense!
Cheers for now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

37 comments:

  1. Gee whiz you card making wonderwoman! Yes I just said gee whiz - I don't care how antiquated it is, it's got panache. My jaw about hit the floor with that first card (I totally pinned it) and then things just kept getting better and better as I scrolled. Is there anything you CAN'T do?!? LOVE all your designs and I'm SOOOO happy you linked up with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! Lizzy, such beautiful cards!!! This seems to me, take A LOT of time!!! LOL :) They are awesome each and every one!! AND I do see that you followed the sketch actually!!! Thanks for sharing <3 Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the textures!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I saw the "winks" I just knew there was going to be a Christmas Card in there ! Half the year is gone already and that is scary enough in its self. But seriously , fab cards , especially love the first one. Loving blue at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, Lizzy. Wow! the texture created on each card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Lizzy ! First one my favorite ,blue beauty and amazing bg :) Liked the vintage feel of second one very different take on sketch in 3rd one and OMG..4th one is so CAS n gentle !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card. Thank you for playing at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you took that first sketch and turned it into such a lovely card with all the detail of one of your pages..gone small

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cards, all of them! Following a sketch on a card, great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome set of cards! Your Christmas card is lovely. I like the gold embossing you added. Thanks for playing along with us over at OLCCC. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards...I love the first one...and there is flowers on. Go....you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Lizzy! Your cards are so amazing! I love all 4 of them!!! I think that you took each one and make it into a work of art! The scrap africa one is totally gorgeous and so creative that you used the sketch to make a card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lizzy! Yes just where is the time going??? I walk past my scrap room on my way to do something else and look longing in there and think.. i must do some scrapping!!! Your cards all look great, I do love the first one.. cos it is blue!! but the others all look wonderful too.. and cards can take me a while to get done too.. and then there is taking the photo.. editing said photo and then blogging about said photo and linking it up.. so yes it does all take time.. anyways.. I have a torture appointment tomorrow morning.. aka dentist..... so maybe I will treat myself to scrapping after!!! take care..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interpretation of the FS sketch. Tanks for joining the challenge and great card ~ Michelle FS DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chiming in with Lizzyc here. Love the first card especially, because it's blue. But they are all stunning and inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could make such beatiful mixed media cards! Thanks for playing with us at ScrapAfrica;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the mixed media papers and handmade embellishmemts in your first card - thanks for joining Scrap Africa with that one! My other favourite is the third one - super stylish with the metallic embossed triangles, green splattered background with thread.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can certainly see the sketch in that superb blue card Lizzy. I am totally in love with all your cards; they look amazingly gorgeous and so unique. Thank you so much Lizzy for joining us at Scrap Africa and do join us again next week. Have great moments ~ Happy Creating!
    Sincerely,
    Asmah
    Scrap Africa DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow. This is such a stunning card. I LOVE the flowers you made and the round badges are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing cards Lizzy! I LOVE the first one...how genius is making your own embellies? Great job on the badges and the chevrons, they're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow I love all of these cards - even the "C" one you snuck in... Love that it is not very Christmassy too. My fave is the first one. Love the colours and the texture is just gorgeous. The last one for FS is also awesome - thanks for always playing along <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Lizzy!
    This card is spectacular!
    Love the layers and all awesome details!
    Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of your cards are just gorgeous! I love your take on our sketch at Feeling Sketchy. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All beautifully textured with lots of yummy details.:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you interpreted the Feeling Sketchy sketch! Great white on white--very difficult to do in my experience! Thanks for participating in the challenge!

    Kay Wallace
    Feeling Sketchy DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing work!!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lizzy....I can totally sympathise with not a lot of scrapping time lately! ;-) But you certainly made some gorgeous cards here and the one for the Scrap Africa challenge is just beautiful! The styling and the colouring are just perfect and it's a real beaut! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card!!! Love the big flower & textures!!!! Thank you for playing with us @Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card you made! I like how you take our sketch. I like your sweet image. Thanks tor joining at Feeling Sketchy :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Feeling Sketchy blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us for Feeling Sketchy challenge #122. Please join us again soon!
    love
    Jen L
    Feeling Sketchy DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amazing cards! Love the blue one!!!

    Thank you for creating with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lizzy, what a stunning card! I love how you altered the flower on the blue card! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Scrap Africa! http://ericahoughton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh Lizzy, so much beautiful projects in one post! ))) love your cards, mixed media or CAS - they all stylish ))))

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great projects, love the added twine and the coppery embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. AMAZING projects! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)