About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 14 June 2015

DUSTY ATTIC JUNE 2015 CHALLENGE

Hullo my scrappy friends!
Today I'm sharing my DUSTY ATTIC JUNE CHALLENGE page. 
Based on this lovely Mood board.

I decided to go with those colours. REALLY interesting & ones I wouldn't normally use together!
I've used both the 'waste' and some of the OLD WOODEN FENCE posts
from our DUSTY ATTIC STORE.
I added some DUSTY ATTIC PAINT to my posts, then roughly heat embossed.
Lastly, I added 3 different nail polishes. Simply can't help myself *winks*!!!
The MINI SEAGULLS and chevron from the ARROWS #1 pack have been coated in nail polish as well :)
 I had a couple of HINGES - not matching - left over, so added them to each side of the photo:
And behind my photo layers I've roughly penciled, then stitched some circles.
The doily in that deep red colour was created from a stencil, using molding paste mixed with
Then fussy cut out.
Down the bottom I placed a cluster to 'balance' my page.
Repeating elements on your page helps create cohesion - hence the muslin!
I really LOOOVE this table that my hubby has made.
It's sturdy and there's a sense of continuity of creating something new out of something that has washed up on the beach near our house!
No better place to have a cuppa in the whole wide world, for me:)
Anyways....hoping you get a chance to join in with our CHALLENGE this month!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Lizzy C [washi tape]
Sandra Scott [doily mask]
Dusty Attic

17 comments:

  1. Awwww!!! This is STUNNING!! So so beautiful Lizzy!!! I can feel the peacefull feeling all over the seas :) Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow Lizzy! This LO is amazing! I've just popped by from Becca's blog to say thank you for your incredibly sweet comment on our work. Speaking of DA I will be posing mine in a week - love their challenges, this though, is incredible - I love how you captured the colours and sparkle!!
    hugs
    Georgie C xxx
    (little blue craft box)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - I love this A LOT! Very creative use of both the positive and negative of the board diecut! The patina of the boards - how awesome! The colours are spectacular - the pink does pop on the page... and the detail - ooooh Lizzy - right down to the little gems, and the pink fibre... stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the serenity! I could sit there too! Wonderful use of the chipboard that you have used.. No such thing as waste in scrapping! Love the birds too, very beachy feel... Enjoy the rest of your weekend.. They go so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something about seagulls which evoke a smell of the sea and relaxing with a good book and a cuppa. Clever work with the fence and the negative space. Oh and the lovely flair is a perfect finishing touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really dig that raspberry color you used and that that waste along with the actual fence...such a nice balanced page too! Love it a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an appealing page. Love those seagulls , you have created a page that transports me there , having a cuppa on that gorgeous table, very special indeed that Tom made it from wood washed up by the sea. Really love the raspberry and green colours together as well.A super , fabulous page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is stunning. I love the coloured gauze and those chippies...so delicate. So wish somebody in SA would stock it. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the seagulls, the photo, the textures .. just LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right: it's an interesting colour combo which makes for an absolutely, beautifully, arresting page. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colors look GORGEOUS together and I especially love the random embossing powder. I wish I was crafty enough to make furniture pieces, but my talents don't exist outside the craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous. Love how the birds are flying across background. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new happy place.:)
    This is really pretty! LOVE the little details.Just curious...the nail polishes you buy go on your projects and not your nails, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. so great LO Lizzy! love this graphic design and yummy photo! and really adore how you made a fence - so awesome! )))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looooveeee this!! The combination of the colours, the photo and the addition of the seagulls is so serene and beautiful!! Just want to sit there and have a cuppa!! Great design and the 'waste' chippy is reminiscent of an old boardwalk .. brilliant!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning...love the shabby chic feel and a little dash of rustic thrown in too! Beautiful photo and a beautiful sentiment! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)