About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 18 June 2015

CCC MAY 15 AND JUNE 15 butterfly dream - the TCW stencil card with hanging thingummies...

I'd already started to create my CCC card when it suddenly occurred to me to check the sketch. 
OOOPS!! I GOT THE WRONG MONTH'S SKETCH!!!
What to do.....well, it's a 'hello' card, so I guess that fits the category of FRIENDSHIP, right?
Skinny, but it works for me!!!
My background came about after watching Sanna speak Finnish...
You know, for FUN! Not....actually, it was a video on techniques using stencils/masks!
And since I'd recently gotten the above stencil from RONDA PALAZZARI...made sense to go with that! 
And despite the Finnish, it got me motivated!
I used Versamark ink through the stencil, followed by pouring different embossing
powders over top, then heat setting.
With the layered up circles on top, I used my ink pens through the same stencil.
Then I used my circle punches to cut them out.
 BTW...that wood triangle on the right? Coated in.... glitter NAIL POLISH!!!!
Love the CCC......it's once a month......an international card swap.
Free and open to y'all!!!
And here's what I did for June's card. This time I followed the RIGHT sketch. 
Somewhat loosely;)
2015-06
I kept the colour scheme fairly monochromatic:
 The little bird is cut out of a canvas tag from Mary B - as are the nail polish silver glittered up hearts:)
The bg paper is left over paint swiped through a stencil rather than tossing it.
Yvonne Yam influenced, there!
Now since my sewing machine has decided to forgive me and actually zig zag
[til I stick it up with more glue, I'm guessing!]...
 ...I took advantage of it!!!
I really enjoy the CCC......as I've said! 
Thanks for looking!
I hope these inspire you in your own creativity in some way
Lizzy ♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. Can you just sign up to be my card sender every time please? ;) Loved your May card and getting a first look at your June card I am SOOOO jealous! Although, Cat did a fantastic job on the card she sent me. I always have so much fun participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, Becca! I want to be Lizzy's card receiver! I do love seeing everyone's creative cards over at CCC! Lizzy, you are so creatively amazing; stencils are quite a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwww! These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that butterfly on the 2nd one!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol Lizzie - hope you got the gist of the Finnish? Love these cards - and that nail polish is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts always make me smile! Love both of those cards and glad that you have made friends again with your sewing machine! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like ! that stencil is a bit nice and a lovey card. Clever girl with what you did with the bird and hearts. The nail polish works a treat . Both beautiful cards Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another couple of corkers Lizzy. Love the eclectic look of the stencilled one and ohhh that pink butterfly 💕
    Delish. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of them are wonderful ! Loved the circles on first one and the ombre bg..Second one is very pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looove the gren card Lizzy, and yes it works for friend ship for me ;) "wink, wink" I would LOOOOVE to have it in my mailbox :) The other card is also lovely, so much details for the eye to rest on<3 . If you liked the finnish maybe I should send you a tape with some swedish also, LOL!!! You may be an expert of the Scandinavian languages someday :) Have a nice night! My day has just started :) Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are gorgeous Lizzy and I especially love that second one! Just so beautiful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards always look amazing! Love the backgrounds, the colours and all the special touches! And the nail polish looks great too! Hope you week,is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous projects Lizzy! beautiful colours and great work with background! the first one is my favourite))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! I'm reading the comments about learning to be an expert in Scandinavian languages. My two have bought a Norwegian phrase book in preparation for this year's holiday.

    I just love that little canvas tag bird. How perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sooo...how´s your Finnish getting along then ;-) .... I´m warning you, you will need to practise to be able to chit chat with me soon :-) :-)
    nah, just kidding. Love the card - glad you liked the video AND that nail polish is AMAZING! need to go scrap shopping in the nail polish section soon :)
    hugs, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the fun eclectic mix on your cards! Hmmm...Finnish must sound very inspiring...*winks*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)