About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 29 June 2015

Brissy Waters...an OTPer for Unruly Paperarts:

Yup, that's where we live. By Brisbane Waters, which is approx 1,000 miles
from Brisbane. Of course;)
And UNRULY PAPERARTS is a 'new' challenge for me, anyways.
I came across it from Julie Short's blog:)
I recently took this photo of one of the [very few] remaining Oyster sheds near our home.
My DH really liked it - shot out of the car with my iphone in the rain, BTW!!!
So I thought I'd create a canvas [recycled - bought at the op shop, 
originally bright blue with flowers attached!!!]
I gave it a final coat of glossy gel medium & found it hard to photograph it without the glare:/
I've use mostly 7 Dots Studio stickers and tags.
 I've also popped on some Dusty Attic chippies. The texture is created
from a base coat of tissue paper, glued on with gesso.
 Then I went to town with microbeads, some stamping, lots of inks and paints...

 And masking [sloppily!]. Of course!!
I DO love how the tissue paper clumped up a little like leaves, too.
Hope you enjoyed this OTP project for a change:)
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

22 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Gorgeous canvas (can't believe you took that fab photo with your phone .. from the car .. in the rain) love the colour and the textures are fabulous!! Isn't it great when you find something cheap and ugly, recycle it, tizzy it up and make it awesome!! Great feeling!! Great post too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Amazing textures and I LOVE the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This canvas is stunning Lizzy! As Margaret said...amazing how good your photo is....really cool! The glossy gel medium over the photo and canvas just adds to the rainy feel....really lovely! A definite favourite for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! amazing canvas Lizzy! looove your work with background, so awesome! )))) and this colour... so beautiful, like it (this is my summer fav of colour))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Your canvas looks amazing! I love all the texture on the background, love the colours and I bet Tom loves the way you have preserved that precious photo too.. I bet it looks great on your wall, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful canvas and I love the close ups of that yummy texture! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is amazing!! I love love love love the colors, the photo and the textures!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very cool Lizzy. Loving the texture and photo. You have made the photo shine

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness what fun you had! Love it!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! Might have to have a whirl at that challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing, Lizzy. The background work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a brilliant photo to start with, but you have enhanced it very cleverly indeed

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! You never cease to amaze me, Lizzy! This is absolutely stunning. The photo is amazing in and of itself and the fact that you took it with your phone from a car in the rain makes it even more impressive! Your recycled canvas is so full of cool and imaginative details. I love the textures and the colors, too. It is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. My... Why is it that every project I ever see of yours elicits a WOW! It's not fair that you have THAT much talent. I LOVE how you gave the background an opalescent shine, very much like that of an oyster shell. Clever Lizzy strikes again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just Beautiful Lizzy, love the colours and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's all been said Lizzy - you are amazing, inspirational and uber talented. I'm star struck :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..the textures ,color scheme looks awesome and its perfect for the photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh YES I thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful creation Lizzy. Wonderful colours and textures. Beautiful home decor project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, super cooooool! Congratulations on winning the June challenge with this awesome canvas. Love the texture and your photo is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool canvas. Congrats on your win at RAQ. Well deserved. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. So you live at Woy Woy, not far from me at Newcastle and I just had to join your blog as love what I see...awesome canvas and very inspiring.xxx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)