About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 28 June 2015

7 Dots Studio - June Challenge & Show Us Your Stuff + my BOKEH TUTORIAL...

Over at 7 Dots Studio, this month is all about 'Time Flies' as the inspiration:
Here is what I did. This photo was taken in 1991!
 I've used some 7 Dots Studio patterned paper [not very patterned! I added this stencil work:)]
& some of their stickers and die cuts.
The flair below is from A Piece of Cake Designs:
Some of the stars are from Creative Embellishments - I won some of their goodies!
Below is my journaling. I couldn't go past the title 'Time Flies'......
 Used up some wood alphas that I've coloured with Faber Castell markers:
 Some of the elements looked a bit 'flat' - so I added some Dusty Attic Clear Gloss Varnish.
That did the trick!
And the camera, below, fitted an enamel dot from Sawyer's Place, to perfection!!!
 And here is my whole page.
 A little busy, but I wanted the juxtaposition between the old and new photos.
And of course, I had lots of journaling [surprise ~ NOT!!!]
I've added the wood chevrons to mimic those on the bg stencil:)

 Thanks Deb for the tag!!! From a win over at Let's Get Arty:)]

SHOW US YOUR STUFF CHALLENGE:

That butterfly REALLY got me.
The bright colours. And those black words.
My hand crafted embellie is a Charm's Creations heart runner....but I cut off the runner bit!!
That LOVELY flair was gifted to me by Mitra. Thank you!!
I have used some stars and enamel dots from Cocoa Vanilla Studios....
the transparency was also from Mitra.
It got 'doctored' too!
Originally it was like below:
And on my page, I added some Cocoa Vanilla wood stars:
I don't know WHERE I got this cardstock from, but it's almost like a canvas weave
and I LOVE it!!!
I got out my clear crayon and randomly
drew a butterfly then used spray inks to create the colours.

The whole page:
The title is also from Cocoa Vanilla.
I'm having FUN using their goodies!!!
and finally:
BOKEH TECHNIQUE
You will know one of my fave techniques is the 'bokeh' one.
A few peeps have mentioned they'd like to see how it's done, then
the lovely Debbie J from DEER & FAWN asked me if I'd like to share
it over at her blog.
So I have.
You can click the link HERE.
I've also popped up a video.
It's been ages & I'd forgotten how to even upload them!
BUT I have kept is short. Under 4 mins. Impressive, eh??!!!
And as a 'tease', here's the cards I created once I'd made my bokeh up:
Hope you enjoy the tutorial..... it's a really easy, fun background to create
&
 thanks to YOU guys who come on by to read my posts,
for your kind words and constant support of my artsy endeavours!
Happy Scrapping, my friends ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

32 comments:

  1. Lovely work as always!!! Pure happiness to visit your blog :) And Thanks for the tutorial :) :) :) I will try it for sure :) Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous how we are all inspired differently by a challenge, and I love your take on this one. The butterfly is awesome. I love all the bits on here. Thanks for joining us at SUYS this month Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwww! These are all gorgeous! LOVING your then and now lo of the boys!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another inspirational post from Chez Lizzy. Love the boy page from then to now. Yes, it does go by so quickly. Thanks for the bokeh tutorial. So simply achieved. Perhaps it will kick start my Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..you've packed a lot in there. That first page with the "then" and "now" is a special favourite of mine..I love to ponder the passing of time like that. Or at least I did until my own then and now pictures started looking like "then" was a very long time ago indeed. haha. Beautiful stuff here: as inspiring as always

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lizzy! What a creative time you have had! I have been a bit too busy the last few days to get any creating done.... So hoping to get some done this week! Fabulous layouts, always love all the details you put on your pages, and love the cards.. Now I can go back and watch your video.. I am sure it will be good! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the video! Just need to get some different shades of ink,pads...thanks for making the video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weeeeell, I think your tute is the EASIEST I've seen so far!!! Maybe I can conquer this technique!!! Loving your cards - you make it look soooooooo easy!! Awesome video... great hearing your voice again after a few years!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lizzy, gorgeous pages full of fab techniques as always - I especially love the one about your boys, just had to double check that 1991 really was over twenty years ago, time really does fly! I really enjoyed watching your video as well, thank you for always being an inspiration to me :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lizzy!! Totally amazing post, always gets me how you guys can get so much done and so beautifully too .. I guess I just procrastinate .. a lot!!! LOL!! Love, love, love both layouts, especially the first one. Time does fly way too quick doesn't it??? Gorgeous photos and fabulous page!! Love the butterfly on your second page too .. brilliant .. and, of course, I adore those cards. Fabulous technique and your video is awesome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww....how cute were the boys then! And now too.:) Love how you've used the stencils on the background. Brilliant. Love the artsy butterfly on your canvas background...super cool! And thanks for the video tutorial. I might give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...stunning projects Lizzy! The first one of your boys fabulous..and I am sure you feel like it was just the other day that they were so small...and look at them now! Mamma's boys!! ;-) Love the second page too....sunny and bright with a gorgeous clean design! The cards bright and cheerful too...the circles so pretty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lizzy just want to say Thank you for the tutorial! need to try this now )))) and your pages so great! the first one .. oh, time flies, really - and sometimes scary me how fast it goes... but your boys are wonderful, sure you're proud of them)))))
    and the yellow one is beautiful too! when I look at tis - I see happy ))) wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute are the photo's of your boys. Lovely documentation of the then and now. The second layout fab take on the moodboard and your tutorial is excellent as are your cards

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh goodness so much lovely all in one post! So glad you got some use from that vellum! Super pretty pages and those cards I've been enjoying on Facebook! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a great technique...looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your background work is stunning with all its details! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic projects Lizzy :-)
    Your layout is so adorable!
    Thank You for joining our 7 Dots Studio challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much great prodjects here! it's realy amazing!!! I love everything but a story about boys is so tender!!! Thank You for joining our 7 Dots Studio challenge

    ReplyDelete
  20. The butterfly was my favourite bit of the moodboard too. Your LO is fab and I really love the colours your picked out. Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS :) Also thanks for sharing the tutorial - I'm off to have a play!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so so fun Lizzy.. great techniques used. wow..
    thank you for joining in at show us your stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lizzy, this is fantastic! I love how you have interpreted the board to create this, and I especially love that background butterfly! (And of course, I am a bit partial to all the CVS goodies too.) thanks for playing along with us at SUYS. X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing projects - I love what you have created from the SUYS mood board! Love the big butterfly background! Thanks for joining in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved the numbers months going in the bg and the butterfly is superb ! My fav ..of course cards .they are very very pretty bokeh is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  25. All lovely!! Hubby is snoring next to me but tomorrow I will come back to watch your video for sure!! Thanks for joint in at 7 Dots in our latest challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks for sharing this technique. I love your video and you have such a great speaking voice.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Lizzy, great post! I LOVE your layout about your boys, so fantastic that you used a pic of them small right next to a recent one, what a fab page, I totally love it, great cards too! So pretty, I'm going to watch your video, never heard of this technique, thanks for sharing....xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful projects! Thank you so much for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful layout! Thank you so much for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute! Great work! Thanks for playing along with us at 7 Dots Studio challenge!!!♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)