About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 8 May 2015

WORDS & PAINTERY challenge:

I feel blessed to have had a win from WORDS & PAINTERY last challenge. Normally I wouldn't go into the challenge following - but I'd already started this one before I knew & before the STORMS and FLOODING hit.....
 We are blessed to live right by the water. Usually!
 In the afternoon, the path turned into a bit of a river..... by night time, when the tide was high...
 ...it got into our converted garage. That's my son's room. He's in  the USA working, so no drama, really.
 At its worst. Unfortunately, cars kept driving past and sending waves in! So we closed the gates.
The other end of the garage is my scrap room.
 Luckily, we were up [this was around 1am] & able to move all the stuff off the floor.
And compared to MOST we got off REALLY lightly. Counting our blessings!
ANYWAYS......just thought I'd share that little journey!!!
Back to my Words & Paintery win!!
Just after/during all that, I found out I'd won a prize from them. A BRILL prize, from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS.
Not only is it a FANTASTIC store, but they were sooo quick and efficient at sending me my voucher.
So a HUGE thank you to you for that! Can't wait to get my wood veneers and stamps.....
If you follow me, you'll know I'm creating a calendar. A FLOWER calendar.
Perfect for this challenge. But smaller. My page is approx 8x8".
We also had a sketch to follow from EM STAFRACE & the NIFTY PIXEL:
Here is my page:
I kept close to the sketch, but on a smaller scale.
My  banners were created using Sanna L's embossing with a run of different powders technique.
She did a great video [but long!] on a variety of techniques using stencils HERE.
The swirly stamp is from RUBBER DANCE STAMPS.
I've used a HEAP of bg stamps behind my photo and the DUSTY ATTIC fence:
 Lots of Glimmer Glaze too... the Polaroid frame was a gift from Lizzy C:
 And below, I created my title like a sign for the fence!
So, there you have it :)
Thanks for looking. Scrapping this size is certainly a challenge! Enjoyable, though.
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the flooding! Grateful it wasn't worse for you!! I love love love your page! LOVING that photo, the colors and the textures!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Lizzy!!! Had no idea it was this bad for you. Crikey, I would have gone ape if it had happened here. Hope you've got it all sorted out now and that you were able to get everything back to normal. Adore your layout!! Brilliant take on the challenge and love the layers and textures!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrrgh - flood water and scrapbooking just don't go together. So glad it wasn't worse for you. Love the vibrant MM on your page and the celebration of nature :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness! That's a lot of water! Glad you saved your craftroom! Your project is, as usual, gorgeous! When I grow up I wanna be Lizzy! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you didn't get much damage with the flooding....but I did send you some scrapbooking supplies...just in case...*winks*
    Congrats on your win! And what a fabulous layout! LOVE the background work and colours.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thud. Just give me a moment to compose myself...
    ....
    ......
    ....
    W-O-W. I am in love. This is probably my new favorite Lizzy original. GORGEOUS color. It's so summery and graphic and all things that are right with this world!!! I'm glad you're ok with all that flooding... although it looks like maybe your house had a few casualties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win, Lizzy! Yay! This is a beautiful, vibrant layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh no you had water in your garage ..Good you could move the stuff in time.
    Congrats on your win .Loved the bright and bold flowery page ..bright yellow looks cheery and the bg with stamping looks fab !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, have you dried out now... And silly cars going by and making waves...ggrrr.. I hope you were able to put everything in your scrap room up... Love your page for w and s.. Great colors and love the sketch too... And here we are Friday again... I hope you have a good weekend and a happy mothers and Ma day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Lizzy !!!! what an experience, not one you would want to repreat again !!! so much mes for you to clean up , pleased all is ok now x ... congrats on your win , so well deserved ... love this page xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sjoe Lizzy....so scary! Luckily it was just your converted garage! Water is so gorgeous but can also do so much damage!! Anyways...hoping things are now back to some sort of normality! Beautiful page..love the fresh colours, your sewing and the gorgeous photo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's a lot of water. Thank goodness it didn't get into your scrapbook stuff. That doesn't bear thinking about.

    What I love about this page is that you have enhanced the photo with what you have added. It can be easy to overwhelm a nature photo, when there aren't any faces to grab the attention. But this makes the picture shine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, Lizzy. I hope that everything is dried out by now. That flooding must have been scary. I am happy your scrapbooking supplies were OK! WHEW!!!! And WOW! That page you created for the challenge is another stunner. I am always blown away by your creativity and LOVE this design!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely page! Love the colours and the concept!! Gah that doesn't look like a good situation there Lizzy - you are obviously a calm one! We live a few Ks from the sea - can't afford to live closer as you need an extra million but I do always think yikes that blessing could quickly change to havoc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh!! Lizzy, hope everything can be fixed easy, My thoughts are with you!! Now to the fun part! Congrats again for last month winning :) And here we have another winner if i can decide !! :) So perfect! Thank you for your inspiration and thank you for your encouraging words to me in my blog! It really lifts me up :) Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow Lizzy! so sorry to hear about your damage, but great that it was not so much as possible! and scrap stuff was save! ))) and your page is stunning as always! love these bright colours (and flower on the photo too))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man - this is stunning. I love the bold colors and the layering! Very well done! Thanks for playing with us at Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)