About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 22 May 2015

Scrap The Girls & Scrap It With A Song challenges ~ May 2015

The SCRAP THE GIRLS challenge for this month is a sketch, which I've turned like this:
I just got some new Dusty Attic chippies....so I had a BIG play with them!
The 'totally cute' circle below has been painted with a Faber Castell Big Artists ink pen.
Then I've used an epoxy clear sticky dot to cover it.
LOOOOVE how it turned out! THANK YOU Sandra S for sending me some!
I see that Sawyer's Place sells them, too...
 And I think this is the Month of Gold for me!
I got a sheet of Bella! from Spotlight on sale and have been having fun cutting into it!
LOOOVE film reel thingies. Never had any. So pleased I bought them!
And a Sawyer's Place flair in the middle:)
 Just like in the sketch, I've used a pile of layers behind and around my photo...
 The very background is painted before I layered the plasterer's tape, washi, gold tape then
papers up. Oh! The white splots are writer's ink.
And below, some chippy 'fussied' up with white then gold glitter nail polish!
 I'm in loooove with the hugs & kisses chippies, too....sweeeet;)
This was taken YEARS ago & I just came across it....step Great Grand Girl....lovely photo. 
So happy to have scrapped it!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Going from a Very Old Photo to a Very New One
Of Ollie!
SCRAP IT WITH A SONG
has the pop song 'Bright Eyes'
to gain inspiration from this month.
And I went with that for my LO!
Once again I've used a Dusty Attic word pebble, colored in white then added an epoxy sticker round on top!
The other flair is A Piece of Cake Designs from a past challenge win:)
I've done lots and LOTS of background stamping.
That 'memories documented is Dusty Attic chippy. Coloured.
then I've used Gloss Varnish over the top
I was also lucky enough to win some Creative Embellishments stamps - so added them into the mix
The big heart was on the paper....added some wooden ones....
My Journaling:
I still love my Purple Pumpkin buttons.
Shame they've gone out of business!
And finally.
Old paper. But I'm REALLY TRYING to use it all up;)
The padlock is wood - thanks Dolly B! I fancied it up with
some Inka Gold  - from Time To Create - to match the gold doily:)
I had fun playing with the page design with this one.
I think it works OK:)
Thanks for taking a peek at these ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
A Piece of Cake Designs

35 comments:

  1. These are both gorgeous pages, Lizzy and both with totally adorable photos. Love the "matting" you have created behind the first one and such gorgeous little embellies and bits on the second.....just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhh these are both gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the layers!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore both your layouts Lizzy!! Love how you mix it up and create so many wonderful pieces of work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzy, old paper or not, I really adore that second layout. It's so perfectly balanced. I love what you've done with teh chippies on the first one - awesome! hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lizzy, love the sweet layers on the pink layout and the charming photo. Of course little Ollie is unique, although he may have things in common with his big Bro, he will make his own mark on the worl. A beautifully balanced page TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so beautiful Lizzy! I love the color combo and the gold in the top one, and both have beautiful photos too! Wonderful takes for each challenge! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both so beautiful Lizzy!
    I love that Peter Rabbit button :) - well, I love Peter Rabbitt :)
    Thank you for playing with us at SIWAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVELY layouts Lizzy!! Really love the pink one with the strips!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layout! Love all the embellies, stamps, paint, ink etc around the photo. Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS !

    ReplyDelete
  10. such beautiful work Lizzy, always stunning little pieces of loving detail to gaze at and sigh ... love you xoox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both lovely but the page for Oliver is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both lovely but the page for Oliver is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my fav is the first one, with glitter and sparkle, very pretty details, have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both gorgeous! I love the layers and glamour of the first and the design of the second! Hard to pick a favourite but if you pulled my arm… I'd go the second one - just. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wowo.. you are just so on fire with your work!! Love the little peter rabbit button... how just cute is this! The LO is just serene and divine Lizzy! Your sweet angel is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both layouts are beautiful, Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a really lovely pages you made! Thank your for playing with us at Siwas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Lizzy. I adore both these pages. All the layers on the first is yumm! I love the look of those page pebbles on both pages. You DO REALLY love flair xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pages, Lizzy! I just love the colors on the top one--the reds and pinks with the gold is a striking combination!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whats not to like about both of these. Looks like you had a lot of fun creating and so much to look at. Love the Peter Rabbit Button, I think I have had them at some stage. I also like how you left lots of space up the top of the second one, looks good, but you have worked it so the eye travels down the page to the picture

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful and very different layouts. Love them both and they bother have your style. Love the bling on the first one and you even manage a little gold on the second one too....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow....these are 2 stunning pages! Love the pink girlie one with it's layers and pretties and the 2nd one for the amazing background and fabulous design! 2 precious and special pages!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these layouts. Thanks for participating !
    Andrea Jones SIWAS

    ReplyDelete
  24. love these layouts Lizzy! the first one is so girly - I love the gold accents too, it make a project so posh ))) and the second one is gorgeous! love your stamping and misting, looks great! and I know how great to use old stuff - then you can buy something new ))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, I can't choose which one I like better because they're both awesome! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW!!! Two awesome LO !!! Lizzy!!! You are sooo GOOOD!!!! Looove the stripes on the first and what acute little baby on the second!! Thanks for the tip of Saraz blog and from there I came to that challenge blog for girls only. Great inspiration!!! Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing layout, I'm loving the gold you make it look so fantastic. thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww....both adorable pages....the pink one is soooo sweet and I LOVE the gold glitter! The one with the latest grandboy is just awesome...I really love the way you "framed" the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! great pages! Popped over from Scrap the Girls and love how to rotated the sketch. Love the gold touches! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful Pages! Thanks for playing along with us at SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  31. aaawwwww!!!!! what s beautiful page !!! I love tha calmness and the colors you used !!!! thank you for playing with us at SIWAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. beautiful pages! I love all the paper strips you have used. Thanks for joining us this month at Scrap The Girls! Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very cute pages!!! Thanks for playing along with us at SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous pages! Love the layering on your first one & all the journaling on the 2nd!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this one Lizzy, beautiful photo and the badge is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)