About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 11 May 2015

Funky Flairs Studio - My Grandpa

Hey there! I'm back today with my 2nd GDT for FUNKY FLAIRS STUDIO.
Last post, HERE, I went rather soft and pretty.
Today, HERE, since I'm scrapping a photo of my much loved Grandfather, from last century [!]
I've gone a little vintage-mannish:
 Because I loved Grandpa dearly, I've used lots of hearts.
There's lots of  bg stamping on MME pp.
Below you can see the 2 FUNKY FLAIR STUDIOS flair I've added.
Perfect for this page!
 And another close up of the heat embossed gold stamping.....an SRM sticker.....
 Under my photo are lots of MME layers.....
& my title 'You're in my thoughts' is also an SRM sticker.
As is the 'story' [Kaisercraft].
 My whole page. I really enjoyed doing this one!
So, a very feminine page followed by a very masculine page.
Both with flairs.
Those bits of goodness are so, soooo versatile.
Any guesses for what's coming up next Monday???!!!!
Maybe I could rustle up a little something...
some washi tape, or something, for anyone who cares to take a guess!!!!
Ooh! I know.....I'll add a couple of flair as well;)
Anyways.....thanks for taking a peek. Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOODIES USED & THANKS TO:
Funky Flairs FB SHOP
Ronda Palazzari

16 comments:

  1. A childrens page I'm guessing, I love the gold embossing on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I can see the love and tenderness for your Grandpa in the way you have scrapped his photo.. Love the gold and such a special photo too! Have a good Monday! And perhaps a Mother's Day layout for next Monday is my guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work. Cool use of text and all the gold accents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow! This is gorgeous!! LOVING that textured background you created and loving the colors!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always a treat to catch up on several of your charming layouts in one visit! It's like a warm blanket on a chilly afternoon, cozy and at home. I was especially moved by this one of your beloved Grandpa. It is a wonderful tribute to the extraordinary gentleman he was. I can tell from the photo that he was an easy Grandpa to cherish!! Thanks for sharing, Lizzy! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..The journaling adds to the background beautifully ! Loved the vintage look n yes gold ..for golden memories perfect match !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeek that gold! LOVE LOVE LOVE the gold and the page is terrific! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your enjoyment really sings out from the page. I love the gold too..makes me want to run out and buy a heat gun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this Lizzy! fab design and I love the pops of gold. As usual, I love that you've added significant journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this Lizzy! fab design and I love the pops of gold. As usual, I love that you've added significant journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your love for your Grandfather shines from this page Lizzy. Love the touches/splashes of gold and of course, the flairs. Your journalling brought tears to my eyes, as I remember the men of this era; straight as a die and as honest as the day is long. They bought and sold land and live stock on the shake of a hand and a nod of the head. Sadly an Australia that no longer exists. Beautiful work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful page Lizzy! love this gradient effect and neutral colours with gold accents! and look at this LO I can feel your love to Grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous masculine page! So stunning! As to your project on Monday....surprise us..you always have something interesting up that creative sleeve!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. aaah Lizzzz..... uve made d perfect vintage masculine page with hearts n gold. id have never thougjt it cud work togther - sheer genius!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful. Love the photo & the paper you've used in the layers. Now I DEFINITELY did comment on these but our internet has been intermittent these last few weeks & I reckon it timed out :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)