About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 13 May 2015

DUSTY ATTIC - May Challenge is up!

Hi there! 
For the current challenge over at DUSTY ATTIC we have a GORGEOUS mood board:

Last month, I was privileged to meet & scrap with the lovely Sandra Scott.
We also got to show her and her hubby around our local area.
This picture was taken on our way to the Mt Ettalong look out. 
 I didn't want to detract from the photo, so have kept the chippy and other elements simple.
The 'frame' chippy is actually waste from some swirls! 
'Waste not; want not' as they say:)
I've coated the chippy with gesso, then swiped it with DUSTY ATTIC 'alabaster' paint.
The SWIRLY VINE #4 worked well draping along the side of the 'frame':
I love this title! It comes from the Word pack #8
 Below you can see that I've actually used a Darkroom Door tree stamp, along with some of the words from the set.
A touch of stenciling done with gesso gives a bit of dimension.
Added a date stamp,stitching and Glimmer Glaze drops to complete it.
 I do hope you can join in with our current DUSTY ATTIC challenge - the $100 chippy prize is VERY generous!
And the mood board can be interpreted however you choose. Just remember to add a minimum of 1 piece of Dusty Attic chippy!
Happy Scrapping y'all ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, LIzzy. Love the colors and chippies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! LOVING that photo, the colors and the chipboard bits!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaahhhhh! Serenity plus. Love, love this page and the sense of peace it evokes in my soul :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Lizzy! Such clever use of the chippies. So glad you got to meet up with Sandra too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Lizzy! Such clever use of the chippies. So glad you got to meet up with Sandra too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful page, loving A4 size of designing too :) thanks for all your comments on my blog , big hugs XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful page and I heart the blue-y !!! Simply caught my eyes!!! You have been on roll and so much things happened... sorry my bad ... I really wish I could visit you more often!... Big hugs.... stay warm... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favourite layouts.. Love the colours, love the vine flowing down your page and love the Aussie bush photo.. Beautiful page.. Inspiring take on the challenge.. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful layout Lizzy! I love this colour (match perfectly with clothes, eh?)))) butterflys on the background and all the details look so stunning! great work! )))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours....I do love that vine chippy next to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous page Lizzy! I so love that photo and the gorgeous chippies! So lovely indeed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What can I say apart from keep on showing us those detail shots, please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just the right amount of everything - lovely! j.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these colors!!!
    And your layout is so nice!
    Maybe i will do one with this combo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too beautiful. Thought I had commented here already...hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)