About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 30 May 2015

DUSTY ATTIC EXTRA MAY - FLOWER CANVAS

Hullo there my scrappy friends! Today I've gone a bit overboard with the Mixed Media!
I forgot to take step by step photos. And honestly. This has so many layers it would have been impossible to document!
However, the top layers involve lots of lush Dusty Attic products [which you can buy online HERE!]
On the background, you can see some plasterer's tape, some microbeads & sequins amongst other things. 
The paints I've used include OCEANIA, CASHMERE and SUNSHINE
  Below you can see some gessoed up flower clusters from the DUSTY IN BLOOM GRASSY KNOLL pack
On the left, below, is a lovely ELEGANT SWIRL chippy.
On the right are some gorgeous DUSTY IN BLOOM BRIDAL VEIL flowers.
I've splattered them with a bit of Dylusions ink.
The little flowers with the pink edge are from the DUSTY IN BLOOM EVENING BLUSH pack
in the bg there are some cute little blooms & lots of different texture paste stuff sent
from the gorgeous Yvonne Y!
 And here is my full canvas:
I don't often do this sort of scrapping, and really had such FUN piling on practically anything I could lay my hands on!
The Dusty Attic flowers really worked their magic for me, I reckon!
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
2015 TEAMS: DUSTY ATTIC


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful, you have really made the gorgeous photo shine. Love the plaster tape on this , it has a great effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layering and superb texture. Thanks for the inspiration Lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizzy! I hope your weekend is going well! I love this canvas, love the gessoed texture and the splattered flowers.. And lovely picture in the centre.. I am sure this looks wonderful on your wall! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.... And the month for that matter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Lizzy. I love all the little bits you have tucked in behind the photo.....fabulous texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh Lizzy, this is awesome, even your little dabbed yellow flowers look like the flowers in the photo!
    You must have had a wonderful time adding and splashing, dipping and swiping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the textures and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Goodness! Everything you laid your hands on went together beautifully! What a gorgeous photo and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzy Hill! oh my! you really dug into the mixed media on this one! LOVE IT TO BITS! Super cool there girl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous texture and colours .. certainly looks like you had fun, and such a gorgeous result!!! Loooveee this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just starting to really get into more mixed media and canvas and this is so inspirational Lizzy. I love all the texture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breathtakingly beautiful Lizzy!!! I love the way you added your layers and all those yummy grunged up flowers. Just wow!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow. Love the fabulous textures here! Glad those texture mediums came in handy. You should do more mixed media canvases....this one's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this flower-centric canvas, Lizzy! when I see on it - I feel like I'm in the garden)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! Love that photo and love the colouring of your canvas. The blooms are just perfect... The many layers add the depth and interest and makes for a fabulous and beautiful project! A definite favourite! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)