About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 31 May 2015

Challenge YOUrself - May 2015

Here's the sketch for the current challenge YOUrself competition:
Well, I was looking through photos of me & realised I had an ... ummm...
'eclectic mix' from each of my decades spanning 20s - 50s. 
FOUR photos.....so, that's where I went.
Feeling PLEASED these are scrapped.
With all that journaling [on vellum, then stitched to my page], I had to play with the sketch!
I had a BALL with the circle element.
It started as stitching, added some blue Gelato,  then some pencil circles
then some glitter glue. YUM!!
Sort of got carried away with quite a few [understatement] glittery elements:
 Oh, Dusty Attic words.... how I LOOOOVE thee!!
And below, a wooden gal [since it's all about MOI!] from Sandra S. 
And LOTS of different washi tapes....and glittery alphas.....
and another Dusty Attic word...
My! I WAS SOOOO young.....
And in all its colourful, glitzy glory.....well...those photos...it was either go plain or OTT.
Which, in my case, means there's really no choice.
Unless I'm having a madly restrained moment.
Oh! Before I show you it all, I DID add some flair/buttons:
Now, I know the top flair [from A Flair for Buttons] has a bit of rust.
But it all adds character. Bit like my lines and grey hairs!
HOWEVER, I must say, this is why I really like FUNKY FLAIRS, as they have
PLASTIC BACKS & I don't seem to get this problem at all!
Top left there's also an Evalicious flair, too......
Thanks so much for taking the time to check this LO out....& if you haven't
joined in with CHALLENGE YOURSELF...then you should!
Think, just think - how many of your pages feature YOU????
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Funky Flairs Studio
A Flair for Buttons
Evalicious
Sandra S
Dusty Attic

25 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout...love all the elements and texture; you did YOU good! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lizzy I just LOVE this and your story telling ! Such a wonderful page giving a glimpse of you over time. FABULOUS glitz and all, which I think you need glitz on your page for your sparkly personality. Well done LOVE it, a new fave . What fun the future generations are going to have looking back and seeing what a personality you are !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Lizzy! Love how you created a timeline... so fun!! Photos are wonderful, glitz and all, you are one fabulous lady! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, look at you! This is a fabulous page and those photos are precious. Love the title, love the glitz, love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lizzy, this is such a fabulous, glittery page. You certainly have lived a life so far! I love all the detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lizzy, this is such a fabulous, glittery page. You certainly have lived a life so far! I love all the detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Lizzy!!!! Just WOW!!!! This is stunning!!! After seeing this I am not sure if I have guts to trythe challenge myself :) It's AWESOME girl!!! A treasure for your kids and family and yourself of course! Have a nice day :) Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lizzy! Well firstly.... What a fabulous page! I love the sparkle and fun and special memories in your photos too.. Wonderful take on the sketch.. And love your creative take on the sketch.. It looks great! And chat again next month!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic page. I love your repeated circles and the silver...yummy! Then there is the flair (naturally ;-) )....and those gorgeous dusty attic chippies xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! There's something so moving and wonderful about the fun radiating from this collection of pictures. Rock on a bit of rust and a few grey hairs..that's what this page says to me and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lizzy! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love your layout! The photos of you (eclectic or not!!!) are absolutely wonderful and I love how you used them with the sketch! Your take on this sketch is so creative and beautiful. I love all of the bling/glitz here, too, and especially like how you did your journaling!! Thank you so much for joining in on the fun at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are very happy that you did! HUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow wow!!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the circles, the colors, the title, the photos.... LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! Love all the details and the colors. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh this is a masterpiece :) I really love the eclectic photos - you are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh the glitter!!!!! THE GLITTER! love that you have a span of photos too, super cool idea! LOVE this page, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVED LOVED IT !! The photos..showing your journey over decades..must be an amazing feeling ! Color blue ,silver glitter what not to love in them..Its FABULOUS..

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! I love how you documented the different decades and all the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh how great layout Lizzy! it's so intresting to see on the photos from different years and see the difference)))
    and because I'm a fan of glitter now - this is so cool to see so much sparkles on the page! )))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love this page, Lizzy! It's so great how you documented different stages of your life...as much as we roll our eyes over the 'selfie' generation - we are scrappers that love to document memories, experiences etc, and I love to see pages where we turn the camera on ourselves....I think it's cool and you've done a wonderful job with this xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome and a great idea to use photos across the ages, love it Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous layout! Love all of the pics of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowsers....such a fabulous page! ;-) Love the design, sewing and how your journalling fits so perfectly into the design! Love this one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Lay-Out Lizzy! Like it! Love all the glitters you used.
    Greetings Petra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)