About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 3 May 2015

BOSTIK for MUM'S DAY... let's BRAG!!!

Bragging in more ways than one, too.
First a bit of self bragging....

Yes, I got a LO I created with our gorgeous Great Grand-daughter from NZ accepted as the FRONT COVER for our Aussie Scrapbooking Memories magazine!
Soooo pleased!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, onto the 2nd bit of bragging...
I've been having a bit of fun playing with this BOSTIK product:
Since Mum's Day is coming up, I thought I'd create a little brag book for Mum with photos of us - her family!
The only glue I used for this was Bostik's FINE & WIDE CLEAR GLUE.
It has a DUAL APPLICATOR.
The wide side has a sort of sponge-ish end:
I used some kraft cardstock, A4 size, folded in half for the cover,
The 3 white inside sheets have been folded, then trimmed so they sit neatly inside the cover.
I've machine stitched down the middle.
To add strength and make it pretty, I covered the stitching inside and out with washi.
Often washi does not adhere well, so I've used the glue's wide tip end to help it along!
 
Thickers - actually, most alphabet stickers - tend to have a similar problem.
For them I've used the fine tip of the applicator.
 
 It's a REALLY nice fine tip, easy to control, runs out at just the right speed and never gets clogged cos of the neat twist close!
It worked sooo well that I did the same with the pile of Silly die cut words I used.
The fine tip worked a treat:)
This glue is 'wet'....so you only need to use it sparingly as it spreads easily.
I had no problem using it on the back of my photos and papers [wide tip] without it wrinkling.
And here's the book all finished and really for my Mum!!!
 All the papers are from Stampin' Up. I think when you make these 'mini' books it's best to stick with one range of papers that are created to go with each other. Makes it simpler!
In no particular order:


 I've used some Teresa Collins older bits & that's a PL card above, right.



So, there you have it! I'm hoping my Mum likes this little book with 'us lot' in it!
Bostik's FINE AND  WIDE CLEAR GLUE has a firm place in my scrappy arsenal;)
Here's a link to the BOSTIK page, where all their yummy products for crafting are listed.
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. Big congratulations on the cover.......YAY! Your Mum's brag book is just super. She will love it. The papers you have used look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an honor to have your scrap page on the cover of the magazine! Adorable page!

    Your brag book is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG CONGRATS on making it onto the cover Lizzy. AWESOME. Really nice second project too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for a front cover! That's fantastic :)

    And that book is perfect. She's bound to love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful little book for your Mum, I am sure she will love it with all these special photos.. And love the idea of the fine tip glue, would be a great tool for thin embellishments! I hope you have had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And we'll done on your cover layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A well deserved cover Lizzy. Beautiful work. The mini book for your Mum is divine. The best gift for any Mum. Love this Silly words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful book, of course your mom will love it!
    And congrats again for the cover, totally deserved

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big congrats on the cover Lizzy! So excited for you. Beautiful brag book, something your Mom will treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HUGE HUGE HUGE CONGRATS on the COVER!!!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME and so well deserved!!!!! Your brag book is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and the photos!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting to get your LO on front cover ..Congrats ! Loved the idea of brag book and its fab full with lovely memories !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there Ms Covergirl. :)
    What an awesome little book for your mum! I'm sure she would be pleased!

    P/s: Does your mum follow my Facebook Fan Page?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely gorgeous gift. I may copy this for my next year gift 😉 big congratulations on making it to d cover 💐

    ReplyDelete
  14. my congratulations for the cover - it's sooo great and exciting (I think so))))
    and you made so wonderful, touchable gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your cover... woo hoo!! Love your Mum's brag book too, such a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your cover spot. Well deserved :D Love the brag book too. It is perfect and a lovely idea. I love Bostick too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!!! That is so awesome, Lizzy! I am loving the brag book you made - looks stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have my SM copy in front of me and I just loooooove seeing your page on the front. Congrats. Very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the cover of Scrapbooking Memories! That is really so awesome! ;-) Loving your brag book for your Mum too....she is really going to love that! Beautifully done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Lizzy, thank you so much for stopping by on my blog and the lovely comments on my K+ challenges. I absolutely adore your cover layout on Scrapbooking Memories this month. It's sensational. Congratulations! !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Lizzy, thank you so much for stopping by on my blog and the lovely comments on my K+ challenges. I absolutely adore your cover layout on Scrapbooking Memories this month. It's sensational. Congratulations! !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the brag book! Utterly gorgeous! And congrats on making the cover 😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)