About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 19 April 2015

THE CCC exchange:

I am really enjoying the CCC [International Card Chain Challenge] idea. Getting a card from someone you don't know & sending one somewhere 'out there' really tickles my fancy!
The March reveal & info on the exchange is HERE.
For March I used the sketch:
2015-03
I used scrap paper on the diagonal for the bottom bit:
The 'For You' is a Silly cut, coated with Glimmer Glaze. A bit different!
I usually use it for 'splots', like the top of the card....but I quite like it brushed on like this for a change!!
I didn't show you my February card - I had done a whole post! So I'll add it in here, too.
Too much scrapping and not enough blogging days!!
I chose to use the sketch:
2015-02
AND use some twine.
The feather is one I picked up outside our house. I really wanted to use it - comes from one of the wild ducks that live around abouts:)
I had a plain kraft button, so stamped it myself. Happy it didn't smudge. PHEW!!!

 
 My whole card. Thanks Yvonne Y for the Black Lava stuff. Great for using with a stencil:)
 See the background? It's actually old copy paper that I randomly had stamped off with my new 'discover' Rubber Dance Stamp...so I gessoed over it, then went to work creating more texture! Waste not, want not, right??!!!!
Speaking of waste not....my long time GF sent me a few bits & bobs [thanks Sue McB!!], so I gathered them together like a jigsaw puzzle, trying to arrange them into some sort of order:
Now, I had thought the floral stems look pretty neat, but once I got it on the pink bg I turned it over!
Used lots of little pieces to layer up the flower - addded some sequins & some Glimmer Glaze splots!
And close up:
This isn't for any challenge or any reason, other than I like to challenge myself to take stuff & make it into something!
Do you do that? 
Thanks for taking the time to read & comment on my posts - I do appreciate it:)
Cheers, Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. Love your CCC card. Yes, isn't it fun. Can't believe more people don't join in. I feel like a winner every month. Love your something you made from stuff just because. I should try that more often. Especially with all the stuff I have on my desk LOL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lizzy! Love your waste not want not piece! Your creations are always very inspiring. Going to check out the CCC Exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, I love the fact you used the real feather. This way you really send out somthing from yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I take stuff and make it into something.. it is called cooking..hehe.. naa seriously I do love how you create your cards.. each one is so creative and love how you are inspired by the sketches too.. and I agree about the time.. not enough to blog or create as far as I am concerned!! just need a self cleaning house, and a magic oven that just has food ready when you need it.. perhaps a clothes washing machine that picks up the clothes and washes and dries them too would be handy..hehe.. but then what would I do??? I hope you have a great week ahead and you aren't nervous and your tutes go well.. you will be a blessing to them and I hope they will be to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed your link to have a look at the card exchange..wow, that's cool. It must have taken ages to put that post together.

    I especially love the card with the stamped kraft flair..beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy!! These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and all those yummy textures!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the big day card is fab! really like it! and I see you are really into cards atm :) - me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I had so much fun doing the valentine postcard exchange. This sounds great! Your cards are fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Lizzy..I do admire your super creativity making so many cards and so much cool stuff...thanks for all the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely lovely lovely! Just enjoyed a little stroll though those pretty cards! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The card chain thingy sounds like fun! I love your cards...lots of eye candy as always. Love how you incorporated a found feather. I get mine from a friend's bird who doesn't seem to shed enough...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are SO talented! That electric green sentiment chippy in your first card is Amazeballs! And that second card - I drooled a little bit. LOVE that funky cool feather - isn't gesso just the best? And you know just how to arrange a miscellany of things to create the brightest, freshest designs. Once again, I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards, you are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning cards Lizzy! love the combination of the geometric patterns on the first one, and the geo tag too )) looks very intresting!
    and the second one is so bright and fun, pretty work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome cards!!! Love each and every one. Don't know how you manage to do so many projects and each one of them totally gobsmacking!!! Magic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome cards Lizzy. All so different and all so cool. I love the feather one :D the background paper?stamping? on the first one was so cool too. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, they all look fab Lizzy, but my absolute fave is the one with the feather, it's brilliant! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab projects hun, black lava... I am intrigued, I really love the layers and texture you created on that card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards Lizzy! Love them both...Really like that first one...such a super design! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)