About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 29 April 2015

My Selfie Scrapbook. Attempting, anyways...

...you see, I thought I'd join in with this:
The #myselfiescrapbook project is a month-long class created by Jennifer Lake and Julie Gagen. Full of prompts, free file downloads, and inspiration from contributors, the class is about self-love and documenting you as part of your family's story. To join in making your own mini-album, check out all of the #myselfiescrapbook posts
It seemed 'doable', as it's only a month. And I'm often taking photos for Fat Mum Slim's Photo a Day challenge....so.....
I had made an album for the My Details course last year...
with 8 empty pages left at the end of the 8"x 8" book.
 So, this is what I'm using. 
Initially, I shoveled in to find some old papers....threw some ink at them & whacked down some photos that I'd printed at home on crappy photo paper.
You know how peeps say 'It shows love'. Or you haven't 'shown me the love'? Well, I finally 'got' that idea. 
My pages had no love.
 
The photos showed love. But I was not a happy chappy with what I'd done.
So, most unlike me I ripped the photos off.
Salvaged some & sat down and LOVINGLY scrapped them!
 I realised I needed room to write the story.
It, for me, drives the photos. And I got out some stamps.
And I kept it simple. Well, as simple as I'm capable of!
And I REALLY like the Kellie Winell prompt to take photos looking down.
So, of course, I used her stamp along the bottom of the page as well;)
Oh, the difference a bit of love makes!!!
If I'd been scrapping anyone else.....there's no way I would have been so off-hand.
There's a deep and meaningful in there, I'm sure!!!
I ended up doing 3 pages all together. I've room for the rest of the month still:
 I guess 'cos we're all different, we will all have a slightly different take on the challenge.
I'm hoping I can finish it. I wish I was tech-savvy enough to use the digi elements that are free.
But I think if I can just do this with LOVE, that will be enough!!!!
Thanks for looking! And take a peek at the links if you're interested in this sort of thing:)
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

21 comments:

  1. Oh Lizzy I love these paes, your personality shines right out of them, although I was shocked to start with, I'm glad you started again. What a brilliant memento this will be of how you are right now :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! Loved reading more about you and this seems like such a cool project. You've done it with class and panache and your usual colorful, textural style. Gorgeous, my friend. You AND these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzy, this is sooooo cool! Your pages are gorgeous (just like you!) and your journaling is awesome. What a wonderful way to document part of your story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love love these pages!!! You are amazing! LOVING the way you journaled each page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these "chatty pages" which show a few days in the life of Lizzy. Sounds like your Birthday was wonderful. How exciting to be tutoring some students. I'm sure you will make a big difference in there lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love rules doesn't it! Super cool take on the challenge Miss Lizzy Hill! Hugs from NY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun fun fun! Sometimes, pages require a do-over...I don't do it often but sometimes I do. Glad you are having fun! Let me know if you need help using digi elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Lizzy! I reckon that's really interesting about 'where's the love'. Why can we scrap those nearest and dearest to us so easily but not ourselves? Anyway, you nailed it completely. The journalling was the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Lizzy! I reckon that's really interesting about 'where's the love'. Why can we scrap those nearest and dearest to us so easily but not ourselves? Anyway, you nailed it completely. The journalling was the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this project Lizzy! I like your pages, thats the real life , yes! I will hop over to see or I can join in and what it is all about. Little busy at the moment and I am not sure or I like to be the focal point on my pages. The children look better and if I die I am afraid they think: wow , she did a lot about herself :) No, they dont think that, but I imagine they think that perhaps? Anyway, I am not a about me scrapper, perhaps I should sometimes, I have to find a reason...........

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Lizzy! You go girl! What a great challenge... I would find that hard.. why?? why would I find it hard to do loving pages about myself?? well I do not know.. what is so hard about loving one self??? deep question!!! Love your photos and pages.. that is you.. and your life.. and good on you for joining in ... that size is a good size too... and those pages will be ones to look back on and smile and remember that month of scrapping.. and your life.. and your journalling is a part of your scrapping.. and it is always special... now I think I need some therapy on that question of loving myself...hehe!! I hope the tutoring is going well too..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lizzy...I love this. I love that you wrote out the story, and those photos look pretty happy to me too.

    PS: Missed you too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. love these pages! so cute photos and love your journalling - it's so great to know something new about you and your life)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like so much fun~great little book :). Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to play with lessology when I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lizzy - your post brought tears to my eyes. You are just sooooooooooo right - it's not about the digis or the cute stuff... it's about the love. And it's obvious that your pages have LOVE.... so great. Thanks bunches for sharing your heart and your creativity. j.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lizzy you look more than OK in your pictures and your journaling is so informal but yet very moving. Great pages !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lizzy you look more than OK in your pictures and your journaling is so informal but yet very moving. Great pages !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like cooking, then..you know, when chefs say that you can taste the mood you are in when you cook? You have to give the food love..and turns out scrapbooking is the same! I think this is a fantastic idea and it's looking really good (just like the subject..)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lizzy you have certainly captured the real essence of scrapbooking...sorry the 1st take didn't work out...but that's okay...cause the second one sat just perfectly with you. These pages are fun, full of life and tell a happy story! It keeps the scrapping real and personal...and that's when it touches the heart!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a neat project. Love how candid it is.
    I think this would be a great thing to do on a regular basis actually. I don't know why it is so difficult to show some 'self-appreciation'...
    We are most certainly all worth it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I completely agree and love the transformation! It's all about showing love for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)