About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 5 April 2015

K+ - APRIL - A RETRO RECIPE!

Hey there! I loooove how the KRAFT+ challenges are all different from each other - apart, of course, from the rule to use KRAFT cardstock on your project....whatever project you want. 
This months challenge:
Repeating the recipe: Washi tape, polka dots, cotton [twine etc], silver, stamping AND 3 Tags....add some retro colour....& away you go! 
I decided to do a set of cards. Just for a change;)
 I started with a silver stamped & embossed base....used a die cut set I have with different sized tags.
Added a flair that I thought looked a little 'retro' & fitted the colours.....& a different sentiment from the same set of dies, too.
You'll notice the pp & washi are all the same - I've just switched the colour combos around for each card!
 I also make mistakes. Lots of 'em. Here's one for your persusal! 
OOOPS! That drop of Glimmer Glaze was NOT supposed to land on Love.
So NOT loving it!
Obv swiping it off simply made it worse. AAAAGGGH!!!
Remedy? Die cut another & carefully aligned it exactly on top!!! Sorted;)
 And a couple more closies. I DO find cards fabulous for using up bits & bobs! 
The birds & frame were wood....coloured in, then I used my Dusty Attic Crackle Varnish.
Hoping you can join us this month at Kraft Plus.
As always, we have a random draw prize as well as one chosen by the DT & for the OS girls who enter, the chance of being a Guest Designer! All fabulous prizes;)
Thanks for looking ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

18 comments:

  1. Now this is a great set of cards! The harlequin background is awesome and I am always amazed by how you can use so many mishmashed things and make them into one amazing design (or 3 in this case).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous cards Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards look fabulous! Very creative and would have been fun to create to! I hope you have had a lovely Easter! Just a quiet one here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lizzy! I love that moodboard...is that Judy Garland? it looks like her, love the retro feel....your cards are adorable, and yes I agree, cards are the most perfect way to use up small but still worthy bits of embellishments, I am so in love with those red birds, they're gorgeous! Have a wonderful week...hugs, Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. They make me happy those cards! So does that challenge, quite a bit of yum there!

    Love that you saved that "love" although that splash didn't bother me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow!! These are GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three cute cards with a modern, retro look, Hmmm...I'm not sure that makes sense. But stuff my Mum had in the 60's now seem to be the flavour of the month, for the daughter in laws. IYKWIM? Especially with that gorgeous tablecloth as the back drop. You always inspire me Lizzy, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. so wonderful set of cards! love this colour palette ))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Lizzy these are gorgeous, I love them all ... they have such an organic arty feel to them .. fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are beautiful. It's the colours, the Kraft (and the craft..)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Lizzy!! I adore how you've used this color palette on these fab cards!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool cards Lizzy, love the words and the font. I wanted to join this challenge also and was going to use some of my retro tags I l made for my pen pals, but then realized I hadn't used washi tape on them :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these cards, they are so gorgeous!! A fabulous take on the challenge! I'm hoping I'll be able to join in soon, the boards always look so good!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool are these cards! I love the details on the cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous take on the challenge and I love the cards and your oopsie turned out great. Three such different cards yet all similar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Da crackle varnish! there, you just introduced me something new. Fabulous cards Lizzy. Hoping I'll be able to join this month at least.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool and funky little cards! The twine is such a great addition! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)