About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 11 April 2015

It's all about TYPEFACE at LESSology....plus a FEELING SKETCHY card...


Hi there! This month's LESSOLOGY challenge #46 is to use TYPEFACE - have a play with different fonts.
Such fun! I decided to do a 'man' card & used a pile of re & up-cycled bits & bobs including:
  1. buttons
  2. string
  3. music paper
  4. a paper [store] bag from the USA [from my son's GF in the USA!!]
  5. plasterer's tape
I also have to thank REBECCA for the brass elements - gotta LOOOOVE that bicycle.
Dusty Attic - the chippy was the finishing touch! 
Sandi T for the FABULOUS stamp ...love that it's a date stamp but with letters. Perfect for this card!
Let's BEGIN:
 
 Gather your stuff:
 Create a base:
Work out where your embellies will 'sit happiest'! Yes, it's a VERY precise art. NOT!!!
 Attach a sentiment. Motex writers work a treat with the vintage look:
So does raw chippy, Distress ink & gesso:
Et voila!
 A few Gimmer Glaze drips don't go astray either!
You could even win this yummy prize!
So give the LESSology challenge a go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also had a quick 'play' over at
FEELING SKETCHY #18
 
I 'created' my own background. 
I've used it on a few of my latest Chrissy cards!
 My Stampin' Up star punch came in handy - backed off with glitter tape.
Got out my Big Shot, too. Miracles never cease;)
Hope you get some inpsiration to join in these challenges!!!
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. Holy flibbertigibbets. I kept scrolling and drooling over the amazing details in the first card. Every time I thought I'd been impressed, you just one upped it with the next thing. Brilliant. Gorgeousness! And that striking blue card is fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Lizzy, love the idea of using the bag for a layer in the background. Was at Bunnings yest and finally picked up plaster tape too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards Lizzy. I love the thought/collection process for the first one and the colours look amazing. I want to ignore the second one because of the dreaded C theme :P You are so on top of your game. I love that bauble and the stars look amazing. I love these colours for YOU KNOW WHAT :P Thanks for playing along with us again at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Lizzy! Love the layers and the vintagey fell to the first card, and love the bike too! And good on you for getting into the Christmas cards, love the blue background! Have a wonderful weekend, and a happy day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waow! Gorgeous cards! Love all the details! Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lizzy I love both, but that first card is so totally up my alley! Love all those textures and trinkets, just deLISH :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good girl getting a card done for Christmas already! Hugs! super love your LESSology project! I did take a sneak peek ya know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One inspiring card and one which makes me feel super nervous....I know I should follow your example, but somehow it doesn't happen. I ran up the white flag last year and just pretended it wasn't happening. But back to the cards - love the metal bike on the vintage one and the colours on the C.......s one :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful take on the sketch! And your creations are just fab!
    Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, love your border of stars. Thanks for playing along at FS ~ Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards my friend! You are rocking them! So many yummy details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this cards Lizzy! both background are great! and the first one is beautiful because you used non-scrap products )))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for participating in the Feeling Sketchy challenge, Lizzy! I love how you interpreted Sketch #118--remaining true to the sketch, yet creating something with your own "mark" on it! Well done! Kay Wallace, FS DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card you made! I like how you take our sketch. Thanks tor joining at Feeling Sketchy :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your man card is so stunning....just perfect for a guy! The second card so fresh and fabulous too! Love the stars! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the stars on your card ! Thank you for playing at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous Christmas card! Thanks for joining us for our Feeling Sketchy Challenge #118, and we hope to see you join us again soon.
    Jen Leeflang
    Feelng Sketchy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the first card a lot - I think this is so very you and such a gorgeous style! need to see more of these from you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)