About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 13 April 2015

DUSTY ATTIC APRIL CHALLENGE - the Romantic Look [well, that's what I call it...]

Hullo my fellow scrappers! This month's Dusty Attic challenge is really lovely:

I went with some of the colours in the palette, working with the Dusty Attic FLOWERS PAINTS.
I created two cards:
For the base of this card I started with some stencilling, then dabbed on some watered down DA raisin paint using a bit of paper towel!
Then using my finger, I rubbed on some CASHMERE watered down paint:
Added some stamping, then some yummy DUSTY ATTIC FLOWERS:
The flowers I've used are SMOKEY BLUE , VINTAGE ROSE and EVENING BLUSH.
I gessoed, then added some splats of more watered down DA paints:


My second card is similar.
On both cards I've used Mini Bird Cage #2 chippy, with Elegant Swirls # 3 & #13:
 I coated the chipboard in Gesso, then added some DA paints:
My whole card:
I hope this helps inspire you to join in our Dusty Attic challenge - the $100 DA goodies prize is pretty amazing, I reckon!
Thanks for looking & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: Said with a poker straight face:
 "It would appear I have a new found affinity with both purple AND flowers.....
who'd have thought??!!"

16 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous! Love the background you created; I need to overcome my "fear" of stencils and gesso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious, Lizzy, and it looks like you had so much fun with all the finger-dipping and splattering to create this work of dimensional art! Cool!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizzy! Love your cards, they are so pretty, love the stencilling and paint on the back grounds and you are a natural with flowers.. they look perfectly placed on your cards.. and the bird cages look fabulous tucked in there too.. and happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. These are beautiful! I LOVE your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Lizzy! love this background and colour palette! looks so yummy! ))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful cards Lizzy - Yes, fancy you playing at will, with purple AND flowers.....fabulous work too. If you can do that, maybe I can get started on the Christmas cards! - Don't hold your breath though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're so beautiful Lizzy, really dreamy :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who doesn't have an affinity with blue and purple? These cards are very soft and romantic I love the Inkys platters. I'll definitely have to go check out this challenge because that prize pack sounds pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly I get so much inspiration from your detail shots! I shy away from purple usually, but you can always make it work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really gorgeous Lizzy and the colouring is so amazing....I love the backgrounds...you did a super job! Looks like good, messy, fun too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fabulous cards Lizzy and the colours on the background look stunning... LOVE that you are using purple and unlike Helen I will NOT be starting on the Chrissy cards any time soon :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved both of them..beautiful not too light !! perfectly balanced colors and those flowers look fab on the bg !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards - loving the paint work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and it looks like you had a ton of fun creating it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes, this card is stunning! love, love, love it - as I did the one with the bicycle on it! both just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)