About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 18 April 2015

CAS-ual FRIDAYS #138 & SKETCHY BOARDS [with a nod to Sandy Ang]...

First up, I've got a tutorial up over at OFF THE RAILS
 Here's a sneak. Hmmmnnn...I wonder what I'm doing, LOL!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile...
I really enjoyed this CAS-ual Fridays challenge:
 
I had fun making my lollipop flower with a GLUBER glue circle.
 And turned the little heart punch shapes up the other way for the petals!
~~~~~
SKETCHY BOARDS CHALLENGE:
This month's photo & sketch:


 There's a story to this challenge.
You see, I follow Sandy Ang. And she created her own sketch.
And suggested if anyone wanted to use it, to do so.
So I did.
Cos I LOOOOVE her style. The sketch & her 'take':
MT Dec Sketch
Can you possibly see how these 2 sketches are related?!!
c5
See, she's a CAS scrapper. Of course, I am not.
But I can TRY!
Here's my attempt:
Now, the 'cheeky' part of me wants to stir Sandy up a bit.
She has a wonderful design ethic and knows her stuff.
So, I figured, I'd stick alphas on that are white. On cream paper.
Because really, you shouldn't, should you?
I couldn't keep them all the same size, now could I?
How boring that would be!
The purple/orange papers are actually a pocket and journaling tag & are from TIME TO CREATE.
And you should always group by 3, yeah?
So, of course, I stuck FOUR triangles here. And didn't make them straight!!!!
Hee-hee!!!!
So, there you have it. A bit of fun. An attempt at CAS.
And it fitted the Sketchy Boards challenge like a glove;)
I'm going to pop this up on the Memories Trend FB page, since that was Sandy's suggestion for using her sketch!
Cheers, everyone ~ & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. Your flower is adorable, and I had to hop over and take a closer look. Did you wind just one cord, or several at a time. I just will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh look at you.... I need some of what you are having!!! wow on the flower... just love... and your sketch LO... another big wow! Pass me some of your mojo!! Desperate for some especially when I came here and see what you are creating girl!

    Sheeesh - just marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Lizzy - you really are a rebel at heart, I can tell. Know the rules and then break them. Why not, as long as no animals were hurt in the process! Love the umbrella card, the way you used the hearts on the flower card and your interpretation of clean and simple. Here's hoping some of your mojo will rub off on me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzy! I hope your weekend is going well! You certainly can create so imaginary looking into a sketch and taking elements out of it! Your layout looks amazing, love the photo and the masking on your background looks fabulous! And I better head over to off the rails and see what other clever creating has been going on!!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in at sketchy boards this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow!! These are gorgeous! LOVING that twine work on the card and loveeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING that blue you used with the stencil and loving the layers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just used cream (& gold) alphas on a page with lots of white and said, nope, it's gunna work and I love it....Cute flower on that card and super cool CAS page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved seeing the differences between your page and sandy's..what a great reminder that a starting point can flick a switch in our creative brains and take us somewhere different entirely

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this CAS page..! ll the white space ensures the focus remains on the photos.WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the sketch! Your scrap pages are always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab projects, I love how you have used twine to make the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually I really like this. I am a bit of a simple girl and, though I admire amazing LO's full of fluff and flowers, I do find it a bit intimidating. This I could do. Maybe. One day. LOL. Love that photo, the different sized alphas and those cool triangles. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your way of explaining the details.....awesome layout, great background, beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good on your for attempting the CAS style...and I love that twine-lollipop...so yummy!

    P/s: You are crafting up a storm this month my friend. Meanwhile, it's April 20 and I have 7 posts up on my blog for April. Would you come add some projects to my blog? *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome work Lizzy. thanks for playing with this months Sketchy board Neha

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! both of your project are great! love the details! and lollipop is my fav )))) CaS style is so difficult for me, but soon I'm going to try it ))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! Loooveee these!! You are a little stirrer aren't you??? Love it when you buck the system especially when such gorgeous art is the result!! Love the twine circle on the card and the colours of the layout are fabulous!!! Love the white alphas too!! Stunning creations!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the umbrella card and how you did it. :D very cool. I had such a giggle at the white and cream ONE of the RULES when I was modelling... You NEVER mix white and cream :P whatever... I say if it works for you it's all good. I love her CAS layout. Just gorgeous. Your type of CAS is cool too. Great job with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun card!! Thanks for playing along with the CASual Friday challenge, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  20. what an original that on the Memories Trend sketch Lizzy. I love that you took it and made it all your own. thanks for playing along and if you get the chance, upload it to the MT galleries for a chance to win a (wait for it) Big Shot machine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you used the hearts in an untraditional way! What a cheerful flower they created! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 2 gorgeous projects...love that twine lollipop on your card and then you gorgeous layout! Love that textured paint background and the photo is fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That twine lollipop is awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)