About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 3 April 2015

BOSTIK - FRIDGE MAGNETS for Holiday Fun!

Hi y'all! Today is Good Friday, on the Christian calendar!
I'd like to wish all my fellow Christian's out there a wonderful, blessed time:)
Image result for Easter Christian images
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, onto my BOSTIK project for April.
This month I'm featuring one of my fave BOSTIK products:
Yep! You can see it's not quite in pristine condition! The little nozzle is easy to work with......but you can unscrew the cap if you need a decent dollop:) 
I thought I'd show you how I made these little fridge magnets. They'd be quite fun to do with the kids or grandkids over the school holidays, too. They're simple to create!
Materials:
Patterned paper scraps
Sturdy cardboard - the back off a writing pad, for example
Archival ink [eg StazOn, Ranger Archival, Memento]
Any stamps, extra embellishments - I've used mini doilies, a flair & washi tape
magnetic strips

STEP ONE:
Gather materials:
You can use any sorts of magnets. The roll is from KMart here in Aussie; I've cut some strips off those old Real Estate fridge calendars that get handed out! The square sheets come from a Dollar store.
STEP TWO: Cut your cardboard to 5.5cm square.
STEP THREE: Smother one side of your cardboard square in glue, then lay it onto your patterned paper - which needs to be cut larger:

Don't worry if the glue squidges out the edges. It will dry clear and means your paper is well stuck down!
STEP FOUR:
Trim to size and sand your edges:
STEP FIVE:
Add your stamping and embellishments now. For example:
STEP SIX:
Coat the front with a good coat of BOSTIK Hobby Craft glue. This will give added strength & a completely clear coating to protect your project:
 
I used a sponge for this step.
STEP SEVEN:
Coat the back, then whilst still sticky, add the magnet:
Allow to dry. Then you have finished!
STEP EIGHT: 
Use!
The 'latte' flair is from A Flair for Buttons - a lucky win from Monique Liedtke!
The whole bunch:
This glue is SO good. It doesn't smudge or distort the stamping at all! And to show you the sheen/coating:
There is some washi tape behind this stamp.....the Hobby Craft PVA glue binds it all together very well.
It's also water resistant, sticks to material, wood, ceramics & porous materials! 
Excellent for decoupage, leather & suede & sticking down sequins:)
Thanks for looking and I hope this gives you some ideas in your own creating!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. Love this, Lizzy! I know what my May altered project is going to be! :) Thank you for the tut! I'll be sure to link back here when I post my May altered fridge magnet project. Your magnets are fun and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have to get me some of that ! Great tutorial , I love the little fridge magnets and when I get back I am inspired to make some

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh these are just fabulous!! LOVING them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a neat and cool idea Lizzy! ;-) And using BoBunny papers.....you are the doll!!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummm they are rather awesome.... love the magnets... cool! thanks for popping by... yep i am slowly making my way back into the paper world... !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessed easter to you too Lizzy! Your magnets look wonderful and so practical too! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look brilliant Lizzy, great fun and simple to do. They would be great for a fund raiser too. Happy Easter weekend to you and your family :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea Lizzy! love this magnets )))

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly know your way round a bottle of glue (or two!).

    Wishing you a lovely Easter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow This is Beautiful n useful too ! Loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWZAS! These are amazingly cool projects! Your fridge has got to be the best dressed kid on the block.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute magnets & always good to actually be able to use & show off what we make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your magnets Lizzy...such a cool & clever idea!! Hope you've had a great Easter weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this Lizzy!
    Hope you had a good Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a cool idea although I think my grandies are still a bit young :P hahahahahahaha seriously though I love this idea... want to play with it...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)