About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 1 April 2015

ARTastic APRIL CHALLENGE - SWIRLS!

I sort of went a tad overboard doing my ARTastic DT work for this month's CHALLENGE.
You need to use SWIRLS & to be inspired by this wonderful design:
By Roy de Maistre.
Lots to get your creative juices flowing! I'm going to show you what I did.
This was for the background of my cards.
This is gonna be a long post. SOZZY! But you might get some ideas to play with, hopefully:)
Channeling Yvonne Y, I used plain cardstock & some left over mists & Dusty Attic paints with masks.
Because I wanted to add Gelatos, I first coated this with clear Gesso.
It's not watercolour card, so I knew I would have to coat it with something so it didn't fall into a soggy mess!
After the gesso came my swirly bits.
That's a RUBBER DANCE stamp....I LOOOOVE it!!!
Then the Gelatos:
Which I then smudged with a sponge, added some water & then when it was dry, added some more clear gesso:
I lastly added some more swirly stamp, this time in blue.
Then cut up my A4 sheet into 4 pieces. So, 4 cards I figured!!!
And here are the 4 cards I made:
More RUBBER DANCE stamp images, along with the big numbers from 3rd Eye.
And then I added in some pink from the colours in the painting:
Used some Dusty Attic chipboard and flowers & once I'd punched the little butterflies, used their Crackle Varnish to fill the locket:
For my last card, I went a little 'cas' & added some twine swirls!!
The little white dots are nail polish:)
Soooo.....any thoughts SWIRLING through your brain? Sorry! It had to be said!!
Remember, we welcome all sort of projects....
would love to see your take at ARTASTIC!
We have a random prize donated by our DT, as well as two from our lovely sponsors:
FLOURISH WITH A BLING
&
MYSTICAL SCRAPBOOKS
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy scrapping now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. LOVE your background, looks like you had so much fun ! The cards are all so different, Well done Lizzy, makes me want to play and get messy . Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW loving the background you created for you fabulous cards Lizzy!! Thanks for sharing your creative process :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow!! These are all gorgeous! I loveeeee the backgrounds you created!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow!! Love how you created that background paper and your cards are amazaballs!!! Love them all!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI There! Firstly well done on your win for Lets get Arty, that is such a beautiful layout.. I love it! and thanks for sharing your creative process, love watching it all grow and develop.. and then you make cards.. so clever.. love each card, fabulous creating! and have an amazing april!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, adore, j'adore, amore, liebe, amor... I'm just trying to see how many ways I can tell you that these cards are FANTASTICAL!!! They are so grungy and awesome and... WOW!! That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your backgrounds are just as beautiful as your foregrounds! I love the colours and how you have taken each one in a different direction

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous! So awesome to use them as background. I don't have a favourite - love them all of course. And I really appreciate seeing the process behind your art. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your background is gorgeous and so are your cards using your gorgeous background. Thank you for the tutorial. I'm learning so much from you Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fascinating process, to see this all evolve. I liked each step along the way and would have been happy to use any of the backgrounds. Hard pushed to choose a fave, but really like the first one with the over stamping. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cool in channeling your Yvonne Y..*winks*. The layering of mediums is super fun right? Love love love your end results!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice and very creative!! I love your backgrounds and the third card with the hippie and flowers is if course my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow..what a cool bg ! Same bg and 4 different cards ! Loved the first 2 a bit more ;) !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing you process Lizzy, I never think to do a big piece and cut it up, might just have to give it ago. I love all the cards but the third one is sooo gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that background you have created for your fabulous cards. They all look so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow Lizyy! your background is really AWESOME! )))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cool! Thanks for showing the whole process of how you achieved those backgrounds. Love'em!! Fun detail with those white rops of nailpolish :)
    Very nice to see my stamps being used on your FAB cards. Thank you!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are amazing Lizzy! The backgrounds came out fabulously well and what fun to create it! So amazing how the same background can be used for 4 very different cards, with 4 different styles! I absolutely love the funky feel of that last one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow great background work on the cards...it's always fun when creating and layering with paints and stamps and paper. the result is always sometimes not what you picture! but the end result is always hmmm i like how that turned out! a great surprise for me each time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE what you've done on the background Lizzy....and then the gorgeous cards you've created too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow amazing background and such pretty cards. I am sure I saw some flowers in there... I don't do flowers huh? and I am pretty dam sure I saw some purple in there too... I hate purple huh? you rocked these cards and I love the stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)