About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 13 March 2015

CARDABILITIES #118 & A BOKEH watercolour background STEP BY STEP!

Here is the CARDabilties latest CHALLENGE:
And here is my take:

This is more of the piece of watercolour paper that I transformed into that 'BOKEH' effect patterned paper.
I REALLY am so happy with it, & so GLAD I saw Vickie's explanation & example of it HERE!
A brief photo tut if you're interested:
Use WATERCOLOUR PAPER
Wet it with a water spray. A LOT. Sopping wet.
I used 3 Distress inks. Pat the pads onto a slippery surface. I have this wonderful mat.
But clear plastic stamp packaging would work. Or a take away container lid.
Using a wet brush, dip into your colour. Dab onto the wet watercolour paper.
it will move & spread all over the show.
Add colours as you please.
Let dry.
 REMEMBER. Distress inks become paler as they dry.
Use a circle stencil of any sort. Or make your own. Or a bottle top. Then fill it in. Whatever.
I experimented with white pens. [useless!] & ended up with a white crayon thing & my Faber Castell Gelato [the BEST!]. 
Next time I'm gonna try different strengths of gesso. I think that might work a treat!
Create your 'bokeh' circles. Overlapping them looks neat.
This is Watercolour paper. Don't rub too hard, or the paper starts to rub off!!!
 Isn't it COOL???
I ADORE it. I'm sure it's 'old hat'......but I hadn't seen it done before!
Hope this inspires you in some creative way......
Cheers, Lizzy ♥♥♥

25 comments:

  1. Be-yoooo-teee-full! I haven't tried the bokeh yet, but you've just inspired me with a pretty cool idea. It might crash and burn, but I'm gonna try! I just adore this "tweet" little misshapen card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic card Lizzy! How wonderful. Thank you for the tute....I will really try this when I can....oh I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock star card there Miss Lizzy! Makes me wanna leap off this couch, throw off my blankie and start arting. Better not. I am in trouble already because I used spray paint in the house. I even yelled at myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Lizzy! love your background, and gelatos here is great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. H ILizzy, this is fab, great tut too, thank you for sharing and thank you for using our sketch here at CARDABILITIES. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI There, I hope you had a wonderful friday~ yes it is friday already.. Love your take on the card abilities sketch, love the background too.. and thanks for sharing about the bokeh back ground, it looks really good.. and enjoy your weekend! Just wish they would go slower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it's very much a new Easter bonnet for me Lizzy - haven't seen it before, but love the look and shall be giving it a burl ! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Love the pic tut! AND, using gelato...brilliant! I'm going to give that a try and use not only white for the circles but some different colors, too! Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is way cool...and drop dead gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, love the colours, thank you for linking up and joining in with Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks awesome! Reminds me of a bubble bath :)- love it. And great take on the sketch!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...what an awesome technique, love it! Such a pretty card!

    ps...so nice of you to visit me :) I appreciate your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful!! What a brilliant way to create a background! Had never heard of Bokeh so didn't have a clue what it was, but this is fabulous!! Gonna have to try it out!! Love the card! Fabulous take on the sketch!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cool technique and thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow that is a beautiful card. and I love the bokeh... have to try that... just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just so beautiful and thank you so much for the step by step. It really makes for a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love, love, love this! new fave!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it Lizzy!! I really need to spend more time experimenting! AJ pages will have to be next so I can play a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooooh beautiful, thanks for the tut - it's not old hat to me, I haven't tried it yet, but I will be now! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowsers....this is stunning Lizzy and everything perfectly in it's place and perfectly styled!! This is one fabulous card! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sure inspires me to try it soon. The colours you've chosen are really soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. not old hat at all to me. in fact it's the first time I've seen this bokeh effect. just think you're super clever to be able to make your own background paper in colours and patterns you like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)