About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 1 March 2015

ARTASTIC MARCH 15 - art journal page

I thought I'd switch it up for our ARTASTIC challenge this month & create an Art Journal page - since the CRITERIA is to use a QUOTE or SAYING  on your project:
I sort of made up the quote myself...but I thought it worked with all the 'marks' I made on the page, LOL....
Here's the AMAZING Barbara Hanrahan art work that is the inspiration for this challenge:
I really liked the colours, the stripes & the circles idea.....so that's what I went with!
I'm sure the animals will 'speak' to some of you! I almost drew an eye...but I'm such a BAD draw-er...didn't want to scare you off...so I stuck to my stencils....TCW & Prima...if you're after stencils, then TIME TO CREATE has a great range:)
 The layers include Staz On inked up words [Kaisercraft]...Gelatos, Art Spectrum ink, Dimensional paint [white] & Lindy's Stamp Gang colour shot mist....
 Some rub ons......
My journaling.......
Sooo....what inspires you with this one? Got a gem of wisdom you'd like to share? There's a lovely selection of prizes to win this month....can't wait to see what you come up with for our March ARTASTIC challenge:):)
Happy scrapping now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

27 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I can soooo relate to this page - could be something I journaled recently too :). Love this! great page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy march! Wow Lizzy I reckon you have nailed the inspiration pictures colors and stripes perfectly with your journal page! Really love it! And here we go racing into marvellous March! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! I hope everyone is well and your new grand boy is settling in too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another WOW project! Love the colors and texture of your page and the quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love this Lizzy....its Brilliant! Fabulous quote! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Enjoy your Sunday! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a real good artjournal page Lizzy!! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! You have rocked this Lizzy!!! The colours are awesome and I love the grungy street art feel of it!! Absolutely brilliant piece of art!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this "Lairy" look Lizzy. Right out there and full of life. Just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAbulously artsy page Lizzy, so full of energy. Wise words too, may I quote you?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAbulously artsy page Lizzy, so full of energy. Wise words too, may I quote you?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you believe that we are into March? Love this art journal piece. So much detail and layers. I can see you had loads of fun creating this page xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, that whole "marked" thing you got going on there is inspired. You have such an inspiring talent..I always think I couldn't do something like this, but your enthusiasm is catching

    ReplyDelete
  13. G-r-u-n-g-y goodness at its absolute finest. My friend, the way your brain sees things is absolutely genius! You are SOOoooo beyond talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is AMAZING Lizzy :) I just popped over to Kraft + and was checking out the awesome DT pages when I came to one that I especially loved - guess whose it was? yup, yours! Really LOVE that one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lizzy it'a amazing page - so colorful and layered!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..the colors ,strips circles,textures,Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! The colours are so bold and vibrant! Love that quote you made up.:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good on you Lizzie. Keep mixing it up! This rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE, love, love this!!! You've totally nailed this, is pure magic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, I'd to be able to pull off something like this. Amazing stencils and layers... just so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh a very inspirational art work and your interpretation is great!! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing lizzy. So bold and big... love the quote and I think it is perfect for the layout. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful and artsy journal page! Love the colouring and the quote super! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)