About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Tim Time Again... + Mixed Media Card Challenge 2/15

...yup! I dunno how long it's gonna last, but it looks like I'm Tim Tag obsessed!!
The FEBRUARY CHALLENGE was FUN! This time I sorta took quick notes as I read, so I didn't go off on too much of a tangent.
But I actually FORGOT what the finished tag looked like. So, mine's an 'approximation'!!!
The start was to gather your bits & bobs for the background:
Then add some tissue....well, washi tape is sorta similar, right??!!!
Then sand, then Glue'n'Seal [least I've got some of that!]
Then add some Distress Paint.....well, Gesso is sorta similar, right?!!!!
Then Glue'n'Seal.
Then go round the edges with a Distress Marker. Or something similar...because even tho' I DO have Distress Markers. Nadda in black. VERY sad, eh??!!!
Then add your other bits. Now, I DO remember Tim had a red heart. With stitching.
 I did a hessian heart [burlap for you Yanks!], with machine stitching. And the threads looked SOOOO "Tim-ish" I left them on!
And the lace just jumped on all by itself;)
Now, I don't have a heart die cut. So I used a Chrissy bell one, then snipped it. After I'd Glue'n'Sealed it so it didn't fray.
Added some metal [thanks Mitra & Rebecca!] that I InkaGolded [with Platinum]
 Spritzed with a bit of Tattered Angels mist & Glimmer Glaze. Of course!
And here you have it!
I am very happy to have found another Tim than my boy in my life. The tags are GREAT FUN!!!!
Hope you find time to join the waaaaay huge number of peeps already joining in!!!
Meanwhile.......
 THE MIXED MEDIA CARD CHALLENGE #8

 Now, I'm soooo NOT a lovey-dovey peep....so, I've used a heart. I've used the 'love' word.....but twisted it to suit MOI!
My MM work includes lumpy gessoed flower, then heat embossed & water coloured.
Plus some Distress Stain thwumped down on the bg:)
The little 'dots' are nail polish. My signature! And note! BUTTON. Thanks Yvonne!!!
A closie of my flower:
 Thanks, as always for looking and leaving such positive comments. I really enjoy reading them:)
Lizzy ~ ♥♥♥

27 comments:

  1. I LOVE the tag, fabulous tag Lizzy and looks like you had fun making it. Clever to use the Chrissy die to make the heart . I like how you make the card your own and a lovely card it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love your Timmy tag. The hessian heart with the threads looks great. The nail polish is a great idea. Must give that a try. I never use it on my nails so I might as well move it to the craft room. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a cool idea for a tag with the bits and bobs! So super cool! Love the idea of getting them all down and then sealing them after a sand....I am glad you shared the tag and that super pretty yummy yellow flower card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!! These are stunning! I am LOVING that key on your tag!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tag is cool. LOVE the textures! And I just noticed...that you are left-handed! And that bold card with the lumpy flower...I spy the button..*winks*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure which I enjoy more... the fabulous things you create or the words you write about them! hehe! Such a wonderful tag.. loved watching it grow and come to completion and fabulousssss card too.. I hope things are good with you all...happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! I love your Tim tag.......totally gorgeous and your card is really LOVE-ly too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzy love how you played with the background on the tag, looks great! and like how you add some texture with the metals (the key is my fav)))))
    and your card look so bright and shine - like the spring (coming soon here))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfection plus Lizzy. love the collage effect on the tag and all your gorgeous arty touches ... love it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two inspirational projects Lizzy. So different and each inspirational. I must have a look at the Tim Holtz site. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lizzy, I just got the internet back after two or three weeks without it - I've been missing so much! Love your version of Tim's tag, it's a corker - long may your bew obsession last :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card Lizzy! Totally adore your Tim inspired tag!! All the layers and textures look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is fabulous Lizzy. Love it. It's all about adapting to suit you and what you have. I agree I am addicted to him and his stuff and his tags too... I was watching a you tube vid of his showing how he uses foils - in <3 ....
    The card is also so pretty. Love the happy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Love the tag and all its texture and goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok you crafty minx of a lady. Now all I want to do is go tear up some things and make a background like that because it is A. MaY. Zing. Imagine me saying that with little air snaps in between, because that is what I was doing in my head whilst I was typing. LOVE it! And your lemony love card (that's what I've dubbed it)? Love all the glitter and the bright burst of color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous tag,Lizzy.
    I'm popping by to thank you so much for my postcard.....glad you like 'Foyle's War'.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Lizzy....I loved checking out your tag...so many "HAPPY" elements! First I love ALL your metal....the flourish behind the heart is a "lovely" piece and your key is fab AND I love the little roman numeral clock with the gem.....And that brings my eyes right to that cutie little happy birdie in the teacup...Makes me smile it does...I enjoyed visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this bright and cheerful design Lizzy! The "lumpy gesso" on the flower adds such great texture and depth and something for the colours and glitter to stick to - love it!! Thanks so much for playing along at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is awesome! Love all those layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card and tag are fabulous Lizzy! I love the tag and you have certainly given me some seeds of inspiration! Thanks girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the tag with all its detail !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing art work Lizzy - that tag especially - Wowzers!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I LOVE the tag!!! but I also love the sentiment on the second card ;-) - great idea to use it that way :) :) glad you joined us at MMCC for this LOVEly theme ;-)...even tho you don´t like the V-day :) :) :) Hugs, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome!! Love all the texture and sewing! Thanks for playing along at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both the card and the tag. Amazing!
    Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in March!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)