About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 16 February 2015

Off the Rails & Off to Europe!!

Oh! How I LOOOVE it when a page simply plops itself together with hardly any effort. This is one of those not-so-often ones:) The inspiration comes from the FABULOUS mood board for our OFF THE RAILS challenge this fine February:
What I love about mood boards, is that you can take from them what you want. I think this helps us be more creative in our scrapping - it's like 'unstructured guidance' :)
What I did:
 OF COURSE! That Eiffel tower took me to the Other side of the world, to our Travels...... lovely EVALICIOUS badges from 'the day'....needed using...sooner or later, one's stash comes in handy, eh??!!!! Please note the purple thread;)
 Dug into my perfect and amazing 7 DOTS STUDIO 'Destination Unknown' pp's for this one [very travel appropriate!]...
 More of that pesky purple [joking! I actually am quite fond of it these days!].
 The top of my photo had 'space' for a few 7 Dots Studio stickers & a lovely yummy Heidi Swapp one, too!
 The star is actually the 'waste' from a pop out star! And my very last MITRA gifted sparkle! Oh, they DO make me feel happy:) ET VOILA!!!
 I penciled then stitched the bg circles to match the ones on the pp on the left, there.
There's still plenty of time to play, & we have a VERY nice prize this month from PAM KUHN:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pam-Kuhn-Independent-Kaszazz-Consultant/251249538223517?fref=ts
Cheers, & Happy Scrapping
Lizzy ♥♥♥

21 comments:

  1. I knew when I looked at your first pic and the Eiffel Tower badge that this was going to be a fabulous layout and FABULOUS it is! Love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY SMOKES!! This is amazing! LOVING the colors, the layers and the circles!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This LO has to be one of my faves. I love everything about it right down to the purple thread!! You have absolutely rocked this mood board xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This LO has to be one of my faves. I love everything about it right down to the purple thread!! You have absolutely rocked this mood board xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat is this?!? And what on earth is wrong with purple you crazy craze? It is one of my all time favorite colors. Love the stitched circle and those funky elements like the chevron arrow strip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are rocking circles and the purple! Look at you go girl! Love the simplicity yet so elegant look of this page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me long for Paris in the Spring time - well anytime really. We had 6 weeks in France and it still wasn't enough. Love everything about your page, the purple, the stitching and most of all the story. Gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love all the little bits and bobs here. And the sweet colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..Its Fabulous ,Good to know you are finally loving purple these Days ;) ! I loved the slanting sticker on the top of photo and the lovely badges !

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely stunning LO Lizzy! love this colour scheme and budges are so lovely! I like to travel in Europe - small cities, quiet and easy living and of course a lot of historic places and architecture! )))

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I read the title of your post.. I just assumed you were going to europe... not already been there.. phew.. but hey love the layout.. that photo really makes me even think about going something.. anywhere really!! hehe.. to just experience something different...sigh.. what a wonderful time you must have had going by your journalling in the top corner.. love all your fabulous touches.. and you are good at using purple.. I reckon you are besties by now..hehe.. and heyyyyy CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW GRANDIE... HE IS ADORABLE...

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Lizzy, I have dropped by from Sian's Postcard Exchange! What a treat to look through your blog and see your layouts and your creative talents.I love that this layout is about one of your travels and that the card you sent was inspired by another trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those flair badges are fab, but they are only one part of a gorgeous whole: One of those badges I love to actually hold in my hand and admire in real life

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Beautiful scrap page; love the layout and colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know how much I LOVE this one -= the colours are just so perfect and the circles omgosh !!!!! I LOVE Paris - we are heading off to Europe at Easter - so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know how much I LOVE this one -= the colours are just so perfect and the circles omgosh !!!!! I LOVE Paris - we are heading off to Europe at Easter - so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your take on this challenge Lizzy. Colours are wonderful and I love that photo. I am lucky enough to be going overseas for THREE months after my daughters wedding. I can't wait. Will be doing lots of travelling. This is such a wonderful challenge and you rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at you doing the purple. Love the purple thread and Paris sigh & two weeks there, lucky you . I did not see this challenge, may have to get a Paris photo scrapped. The flairs look great as does the whole layout

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, gorgeous and you make it sound so easy. I don't usually do big layouts. Find them a bit intimidating. This is so gorgeous. Ooh, repeating myself. Off to check out this challenge. There seems to be a lot of interesting antipodean challenges I am just discovering. Thanks Lizzy. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabuleux projet!!!!! Gorgeous page and the design and styling are stunning! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)