About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 3 February 2015

I ♥♥♥ my Bostik Glue Gun!

G'day! Today I'm featuring BOSTIK GLUE GUNS...they have 2 suitable for craft - because I'm gluing buttons, I'm using the littler one in this pic::
Bostik Glue Guns
In fact, I am BLESSED to have a big scrap room [1/2 the garage!]....so I have a 'Gun Space' where it sits all the time:
I know, I know...little gun...big space....but it works for me;)
Anyways, you can use these little beauties for all sorts of sticking - from buttons, to flowers, to lace, to leather, from metal to wood, ceramics to foam.
But I have a LOT of buttons. And since Valentine's Day is around the corner....I went to work!!!
THANK YOU Melinda Spinks for the inspiration for these cards!
I tried a few variations on this card....the above one has a patterned paper base under the buttons....
but then I was in 'creative mode' & decided to try this:
And this is the result:
 I rather liked the 'shabby' style with ripping around the heart....
BTW...how did I get the heart shape to start with? If you're clever, you can simply draw a free hand one...I had a Heidi Swapp ephemera one in my stash, so used that as a template. There are heaps on the 'net, too:
Then for my 3rd card, I used some BOSTIK GLITTER GLUE under my heart...I'm not showing you that one finished, 'cos it's earmarked for someone special!
BUT I will show you my 3 'back grounds' here:
And again, before I made them into cards:
I hope this gives you some ideas of your own!
For Mother's Day, I reckon they'd look cute with flowers.  Course, I don't 'do' flowers....but would LOOOVE to see what you come up with if you do!
And of course, it's so quick & easy to make these using a BOSTIK Glue Gun!!!!
Thanks for looking & happy scrapping, my friends ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

18 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd exist without a glue gun. My fingers would probably have fewer scars, but I wouldn't be able to create much. :D This card is cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these , so whimsical and gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these button cards, very lucky "someone special" x.... now what did you use to stick them down with... ;) Beautiful work I must go for a rummage through my button jar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the buttons and hearts! Great backgrounds! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this! LOVING that heart-o-buttons!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love buttons and have stacks of them too.. Your cards look wonderful.. and I am sure the glue gun has great sticking of all those buttons!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of those buttons! I love my glue guns...I have 2 sizes too! *high fives*

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great way to use buttons Lizzy and your glue gun looks awesome! I don't have one yet...but must really make a plan! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lizzy, it's great idea for those who have a lot of buttons )))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these heart button cards. So vibrant and each one is unique. I have Kilograms of buttons, which I inherited from my Mum, so I may have to scrap lift this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lizzy, love those cards, especially the one with the torn heart and the jute twine - I'm a sucker for buttons! You're a lucky girl having all that space, I'm sure I would use lots of things more than I do if there was room to leave them out - glue gun, sewing machine, cricut ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous cards, Lizzy!! You totally rocked the buttons!!
    ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bostik could not have picked a better person to promote their products. You are lucky to have such a big space to leave your glue gun out !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute!!! I have a million buttons too so think I'll make a canvas one - thanks for the idea!! The embossing looks lovely - that's my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable Lizzy! Love love your cards, and I have a huge jar of vintage buttons too so what a great idea to use them, thanks for all the details you've shown....Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing buttons on projects but when I use them I always think they look lame :P I also have a little glue gun just like that which has been relegated to the back of the cupboard because I am tired of burning myself :P again... These cards are just so sweet and I think I am going to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards...so creative. Thank you for the inspiration. About your space...that is big. I can't imagine having a glue gun space :-P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)