About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Dusty Attic - Up to No Good!!!!

Hullo there! Today I'm sharing with you Part 2 of my meanderings through trying to create a LO that turned into 3 cards [see post HERE].
Well, 4 actually, as I'm sharing the last one here today before I show you the LO that I'd originally planned to create!
Strangely, as well as using the gorgeous DUSTY ATTIC PAINTS on my projects, I've also featured chipboard WASTE. Yup, you heard me. The bits you're supposed to chuck when you've used the chippy you've bought.
As usual, when I go to make something, a shape takes my eye...in this case, the inside piece of the VINE FRAMES #2. Not that I've used the frames yet. I INTENDED to...but....
So, now you can see where I nabbed that wonderful centre piece for behind the big DA 'WISH' word.
Both bits, & the little DA ARROW [set #1], have been heat embossed. I have a thing with metallics atm!
 If you're interested in how I created the painted bg, you need to go to my post #1. The little STAR is available in the DA shop online HERE.
A lot of peeps find 'male' cards hard to make. Well, I reckon DA chippy [even waste!] makes the job a breeze:)
Once I'd gotten the card making outta my system I turned back to my LO. It features PORT. Hence, the vague idea to include the vine frames.
Instead I decided the waste would make the PERFECT frame:
My page:
 The story [hidden in the side bag]:
LOL! Taken me a few years to tell this story, eh;)
Those of you who know me, will know I'm fond of using NAIL POLISH on my LOs...so I've done just that on this word from the DA WORD PACK #6:
I painted then heat embossed the BARBED WIRE...then cut it & used it as the basis of my page design:

And added a cute badge...then the 'not'...as this is so NOT a lovely thing for a wee boy to do!!
You can see I've 'backed off' the chippy 'frame' on the inside & drawn around it...added a stamped word.
So, that's the end of my painterly background journey with cards & a LO!
 Hope this has given you some ideas to inspire your own scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: Dusty Attic has NEW releases for February in their shop. Some stunning pieces like these hearts:
Image 1
YUUUUM!!!!!

Image 1

22 comments:

  1. wow, fabulous work, do love the nail polish with the chipboard, great idea , everything is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - this page sure made me grin. Kids do the darnedest things! I love that painty cool background and great tip for painting up the chipboard. I like how vibrant the nail polish looks over it. P.S. - I like how your mind works - no part of chipboard is "waste"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh wow wow wow!! These are gorgeous! LOVING those random swirled circles on your lo!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lizzy! Love the way you use waste! I always learn something new when I visit your blog! Love the idea of using nail polish as a coloring medium! Your card and layout are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little trick! A cute moment in time captured. Love the big swirling colours around the central photo. Now I need to find some white nail polish. As Vicky said, I always learn something new when I visit your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow wow! love that metallic effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness! I am into that copper color you used for SURE! Love metallics myself! Good job on using the waste chippy, that rocks! Love the port layout! He is a darling! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness I thought the boy in the photo was lucas, chip off the block I reckon.. fabulous paint on the back ground and great layout.. love the card too.. the embossing is awesome.. and I have been using the scrap from chipboard stuff on the back of my photos for a bit of a lift and to save just chucking it in the bin... Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lizzy great idea with chipboard! and your LO so fun! these photos make me laugh! )))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are gorgeous!! Just wanted to pop by and say Hi, I hope my postcard arrived ok? :) Rachel B from www.rachelbsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lizzy! So much to explore and love in this post - the colour combo of cool blues and choc brown with a dash of yellow is so cool, totallyu with you on the idea of using the chippy waste and I LOVE that white nail varnish effect - I could go on and on, fabulous, you're an inspiration to me always :o) ps also what a GREAT little story - I did wonder when I first spotted that photo on a previous post, been waiting to find out what that was about! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lizzy! So much to explore and love in this post - the colour combo of cool blues and choc brown with a dash of yellow is so cool, totallyu with you on the idea of using the chippy waste and I LOVE that white nail varnish effect - I could go on and on, fabulous, you're an inspiration to me always :o) ps also what a GREAT little story - I did wonder when I first spotted that photo on a previous post, been waiting to find out what that was about! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your freestyle background-painting technique, so cool and unique! Love the white np-painted mischief too, such a gorgeous glossy-white look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The nail polish is as wonderful as always, but aren't those paints just gorgeous too? Such lovely colours..rich yet soft at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great creations with all the paint. You are really not afraid and that works great!
    I also like the picture of the boy with the bottle how funny.
    Greetings Petra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep I reckon the negatives from chipboard and such make great interesting adds to a layout. Gosh Lucas looks like his Dad , I thought it was Lucas. The white nail polish worked a treat. I have to tell you Lizzy I thought you had gone all gangster on me with the word DA , then I worked out it stood for Dusty Attic lol . The card looks great and love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh...I love using negative from my chippies...and you did such a great job with them. I LOVE that layout! It has such a graphic impact! So totally artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the background you have created on your page and the use of the chippie is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant work! Love your paintwork - both the card and layout are super!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too gorgeous with 2 of my go to's aswell!!! Loooove chipboard waste & nail varnish! Much cheaper and more readily available here than fancy mediums!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card and layout are fabulous Lizzy! Love the paint effects on both projects and lovely artsy effects! The photo on your layout is just adorable! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always think I will use the neg stuff from chippies then I forget I have a whole pile of them. Love the card and the copper and gold looks great. Nail varnish... that is a very cool idea and I have tons of them lying upstairs :D Love the pic and yes when they are quiet I worry too....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)