Dusty Attic - Up to No Good!!!!
Hullo there! Today I'm sharing with you Part 2 of my meanderings through trying to create a LO that turned into 3 cards [see post HERE].
Well, 4 actually, as I'm sharing the last one here today before I show you the LO that I'd originally planned to create!
Strangely, as well as using the gorgeous DUSTY ATTIC PAINTS on my projects, I've also featured chipboard WASTE. Yup, you heard me. The bits you're supposed to chuck when you've used the chippy you've bought.
As usual, when I go to make something, a shape takes my eye...in this case, the inside piece of the VINE FRAMES #2. Not that I've used the frames yet. I INTENDED to...but....
So, now you can see where I nabbed that wonderful centre piece for behind the big DA 'WISH' word.
Both bits, & the little DA ARROW [set #1], have been heat embossed. I have a thing with metallics atm!
If you're interested in how I created the painted bg, you need to go to my post #1. The little STAR is available in the DA shop online HERE.
A lot of peeps find 'male' cards hard to make. Well, I reckon DA chippy [even waste!] makes the job a breeze:)
Once I'd gotten the card making outta my system I turned back to my LO. It features PORT. Hence, the vague idea to include the vine frames.
Instead I decided the waste would make the PERFECT frame:
The story [hidden in the side bag]:
LOL! Taken me a few years to tell this story, eh;)
Those of you who know me, will know I'm fond of using NAIL POLISH on my LOs...so I've done just that on this word from the DA WORD PACK #6:
I painted then heat embossed the BARBED WIRE...then cut it & used it as the basis of my page design:
And added a cute badge...then the 'not'...as this is so NOT a lovely thing for a wee boy to do!!
You can see I've 'backed off' the chippy 'frame' on the inside & drawn around it...added a stamped word.
So, that's the end of my painterly background journey with cards & a LO!