About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 13 February 2015

ARTastic TIPS & TRICKS & Guesting over at SKETCHY BOARDS...

Hey there, fellow paper enthusiasts! It's my turn to share with you a little something over at our ARTastic blog this month. So, in the spirit of recycling, I thought I'd show you some cards where I've used up PACKAGING.

So pop on over HERE if you'd like to see more:)
Meanwhile.....
I must say, I'm REALLY excited to be Guest Designing for SKETCHY BOARDS this month! They are a FB based challenge HERE who also run a blog HERE.
The challenge this month is the following sketch & colour board:
 

I fell in serious love with that sketch straight off....& the purples, despite my overcoming them, still make my heart stutter for a sec or two!  
I had a series of photos of Lucas that I wanted to scrap - luckily I was able to cut them down to size. This is one of those pages that I found easy to do. LOOOVE those ones!
 I used washi behind the photos....plus added some little splots and splats & some stamping...
 Oh! He does LOVE a 'fluffy' when I'm having a coffee! I've used these Dusty Attic arrows [painted with DA paint] to lead the eye from photo to photo. Dolly B - do you recognise that frame around the bottom right photo? Worked a treat to make the last photo 'pop' a little!
To get the circle element, I traced with pencil around a plate, then randomly stitched.
 The 'love' sticker actually came from a prize pack when I won a SKETCHY BOARDS challenge last year!
So did the metal flower below. But I altered it a bit...
 ...by heat embossing it with white! Worked a treat:) Of COURSE I had to add some flair [winks!!]
Because I added a 4th photo instead of the journaling, I did mine around the circle. I would HIGHLY recommend this challenge... it really was a joy to do:):)
Happy Scrapping now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. You know I always enjoy your tutorials . Congrats on GD at Sketch boards you have done a fabulous layout and such a cute subject and title

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally DIG this page! It's well....it's FLUFFY pretty and we all know that is the best part of any coffee! Super duper cool! Thanks for sharing it with us and this awesome challenge! Hugs there girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK!! LOVING this!! LOVING the colors and that stitched circle!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely fabulous, the stitching is stunning and a standout xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOved it ! the colors and how the white space directs eyes to the center..Fab !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your tips for up cycling of scrap stuffs... and I do love this layout.. love the circle stitching on the back ground and the arrows do make my eyes go around the photos and look at the delightful concentration on Lucas face! and I hope you had a great friday baby sitting today too! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lizzy this is fabulous and the tips for recycling are fabulous. Love the colours and you are rocking the purple... see it really is not so bad... :P He is a cutie. I love the circles around the layout and that is one fab sketch. Maybe if I get some time to play along. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh....I think this is my new favourite by you....love those stitched circles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a joy to look at too! Honestly the best use of purple I've seen in a very long time

    ReplyDelete
  10. so stunning layout Lizzy! and the photos are soooo cute! )))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just an amazing design, Lizzy! I love when you get all sketchy and doodly! The bright colors and gorgeous graphics make such a stunning combo. From one English major to another, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a super cute series of photos. He sure looks like he is enjoying it. Fabulous layout, Lizzy. Love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lizzy :)
    I changed my blog banner only a week ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous layout, Lizzy! Love the altered metal embellishment! And, the stitching is awesome! Adorable pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for my lovely Venetian postcard. Love the big energetic circle and the curved arrows on your LO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an amazing page!!!! Adore the colors and the four photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW that is an awesome take on that sketch! Adore your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW that is an awesome take on that sketch! Adore your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow...how awesome is the design and styling on this page! Absolutely love this cute and fresh page Lizzy! A definite keeper for me!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Lizzy - thank you for the Valentine postcard. I have never been to Paris, or any part of France, but seeing the street scene on the card, it looks so inviting, a place to wander. Also thanks for sending some sunshine, it is VERY cold, today (15th) we are setting all kinds of records in the area; south west Ontario, we woke to -27 (c) & with the wind chill it is about -42 (c) but there is lots of glorious sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a brilliant and fresh layout design! I think this is magnificent, Lizzy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really cool design....love how the arrows guide your eye...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)