About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 13 January 2015

NBUS#3 & MMCC#7...

Nothing like an acronym or two! In this case, I'm following Becc Cruger's footsteps to a challenge about using your UNUSED stash, called NBUS [Never Before Used Schtuff!!] & run by Darnell Knaus HERE.
And since the  Mixed Media Card Challenge this month is 'new' ... Well.... it follows I link to both!!
Sooo... Got a stash of YUMMY stamps from Rubber Dance Stamps... 
Added some yummy clocks from Tone-Lill...
[Ended up NOT using the brass leaf from a Sketchy Boards prize...]
DId Becc Cruger's Distress ink back ground idea from HERE. You'll note it's on a tissue base that's been 'stuck' down by using gesso. TISSUE is the optional element over at the MMCC:
Next I added this, below:
Thanks Yvonne Y! Used with a never touched stencil I got from 7 Dots Studio!
I'm liking this using up thing!!!
Then out came my swirly stamp from Rubber Dance along with some embossing powder:
Next I added distress ink to the edges & my clocks & sentiment.
TA-DAA:
 
 And some closies:


NOTE: I wanted to 'test' using the camera on my iphone as well as uploading a whole post from it. And it worked! Feeling very clever....BUT the photos are not the usual 'crisp' & focused images that I can get with my DSLR. Still, if I need an alternative, at least I now know I have one!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS: Couldn't help myself - HAD to edit my main card picture....so that one is taken with my DSLR... note the difference?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...NEWSFLASH...NEWSFLASH...NEWSFLASH...
AND for the bestest news in a while….I’m a Design Team member on the brand-spanking-new
& terribly exciting challenge blog 
Which, as you can imagine, has everything to do with using Kraft in your creations!
The 1st challenge will be in February, running monthly, & you can find out all the information over at our K+ blog HERE.
And I can tell you, the challenges are going to be FABULOUS. The sponsors are, too!
Here’s a teensy sneak:

And this doesn't give much away *winks*
Meanwhile.......happy Scrapping my friends :)
Lizzy xo

26 comments:

  1. Lizzy this is a great page, love these textures! and congratulations with your new DT! really wonderful news)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very lovely! Fun times with that super cool stash you busted! Looking forward to your new DT! Who doesn't love kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh this is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the textures and the clocks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got your pinky on and the messy hands happening! Lovely, MM and how fab to get into the stash. Looking forward to the Kraft+ challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the look of mixed media, but have never had the nerve to try it! Looks like you've cracked it just great! Very artistic! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you had some messy fun with that one. Love all the texture and a huge congrats on the DT position , they are very lucky to have you. Looking forward to seeing what the challenges are and hopefully get time to join in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cool! LOVE the textures! Glad I contributed to your "new" stuff..lol
    The new DT gig sounds awesome....I can't wait to play along with the challenges.

    P/s: The iPhone is great for Instagram photos...but I still use my DSLR for project shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is awesome Lizzy!!! Love the colour and I always love your gold, or in this case, your bronzy touches. Yep, I could see a bit of a difference between the main pic and the rest! It's just a bit sharper!!! Congrats again on making the Team at Kraft+ and thank you for adding me to their group. Looking forward to the challenges!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you find all these challenges!! hehe!! anyways.. loved watching your card grow and come together and perfect fit for both of these challenges.. love the gold embossing! and the clocks.. and well done on your DT role over at Kraft+, just wish we didnt have to wait sooooo long for the first challenge!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card + its Masculine ..no flowers ,..no butterflies ..WOw. ! Wonderful job with your NBUS !
    Congrats on your DT role !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on that new DT. It sounds like a great one - who doesn't love a bit of Kraft? And I'm admiring your phone blogging..that's a technological leap forward I've never managed to take!!

    This is a beautiful piece with an excellent sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the new DT spot...love me some Kraft ;-)

    Love the project you made using only "never been used" stuff...now there is an idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats Lizzy you will be a great asset to the DT , well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card looks amazing. Congratulations on the new DT spot too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the tissue, gesso and stenciling on your wonderful background Lizzy - thanks so much for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge - and congrats on your new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, before I forget, congratulations on the Design Team appointment on the new Kraft challenge blog, Lizzy! I'm very excited for you - and for them since they are lucky to have you! This is really quite obvious when we look at the quality of this work of art you created! Gosh, you mixed media artists just astound me with your talent! This is so tactile, dimensional, beautifully colored ... nothing is missing! Thank you so much for entering my NBUS Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cool project! Loving the clock chippies and stunning background! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card!! Thank You for playing this week at MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your new DT and what an awesome creation! Loooove all the background deets and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the fabulous texture you have created Lizzie & CONGRATS on your new DT gig too!!! So glad you joined in the fun @ the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the new DT... can't wait to see what you create. This project is lovely. Love the colours and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this card! fab background going on there! and congrats on your new DT journey! thanks for again playing along with us at MMCC too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful BG and on tissue paper nonetheless. Love your sentiment and how you created it with alpha stickers. Thank you for joining us at the MMCC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous texturing of the BG, Love the embellishments too :) Thank you for sharing with MMCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)