About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 28 January 2015

It's a FINN glimmer, TIM tag & Coo-ing for CARDABILITIES kinda post...

Soooo...3 in one. First up, is TIM HOLTZ 12 tags for 2015. It's all ANNIE's fault. I saw her tag. And decided maybe it was time I checked Tim out. Oh, YEAH. Got super excited:
I'd made some tags the other day. This one got, as the Kiwi's are fond of saying since their earthquake 'MUNTED'. That is, I spilt water on it. But I figured that was the least of its worries if it was gonna be a Tim Tag!!!
 So, first I added some GlueNSeal to the front & back of this tissue paper I 'found'. Ummmm....
 
 ...not sure if that was what I was supposed to do, actually. ANYWAYS....
...then the Distress Paints were supposed to be splashed on. Well, I don't have any. But I figured Distress Stain would work....or maybe not? I added some Paint Dauber in grey.....deffo thinking NOT supposed to add that glue N seal...but it sorta worked, so I kept going! Following the technique by...errrr...memory??!!!!
Now I remembered Tim added letters/numbers by Glossy Accenting them, then adding glitter. And I DISTINCTLY remembering reading do NOT rub in the glitter. Well, I also 'found' some DIY Thickers that were already sticky. Soooo...I added glitter & rubbed it in well!!!!
Nice, huh???!!!!
Then I found these old, old 'Collection' words & did a bit'o'magic with them:) WOOPS! Lost my tag hole under wonderful. Oh well.......& TA DAAAAAA. I was sooooo happy with how this turned out:
A closie:

->->->->   Sooooo.......I LOVED doing this so much & just before I'd gone blog hopping on FINNABAIR'S SPARKLE & SHINE HOP....honestly, her team is super-duper creative. You'll learn a lot by hopping along. Also, to win a wonderful collection of Finn products, you can do a project & link it up. So I did!
Hide your eyes if you don't want to see the CHRISTMAS word quite so early in the year. But, seriously - all that sparkle just SCREAMS CHRISTMAS to me......so, as per usual, I'm starting my cards. In January. GIGGLE!!!!
 Can't go past gold, mica flakes [thanks Yvonne!] & glossy accents....plus a bit of shimmery vellum for a Chrissy Card, eh?
 Then I edged along with some InkaGold - adore that stuff!

->->->   Then....somewhere in the midst of this, I realised I was going to need a BABY card. So I turned to the latest CARDABILITIES sketch. By this time, I wanted to change direction. I admit. I was grunged out!!!!
So, here's my COOOOOO - te [cute!!!!] boy card. With a lovely vintage image c/- Mary :)
 Not a distressed edge in sight!!! Nothing like a change. Good as a holiday!!!
Thanks for looking ~ & taking this rather meandering journey with me today....& as ALWAYS...
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects, Lizzy! all of them are awesome, but the last one is my fave)))) love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous! I love love love the torn papers!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya! What a different array of projects! You went from grunge to sparkle to cute all in one post! love each one.. love that you are not stuck in one style but can do it all I reckon! hehe.. have a fun wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects Lizzy - love how you have altered the tag it looks amazing! Both your cards are fab - but Christmas in january, really??? you put us all to shame :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects Lizzy - love how you have altered the tag it looks amazing! Both your cards are fab - but Christmas in january, really??? you put us all to shame :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you scrap, and the tags so uniquely you , done your way and looking fabulous at the end. Your posts make my day. The card is adorable, you have inspired me to make a baby boy card for my niece .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool tag... I have just been over to check it out and I may just give it a go. Love the Chrissy card too... even if it did make my eyes bleed... so early already ? Seriously :P it is pretty.... BUT I have to say the one that stole my heart was the last one. I LOVE IT! must the the CAS in me. BUT I seriously loved it and I may have to lift it... especially and I have those IT's A BOY tags :D fabulous stuff Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eclectic springs to mind - Random perhaps - Free spirited, yes they all seem to resonate with you Lizzy. Love your work and I especially love the little boy card at the end. Perhaps because I'm rather surrounded by little boys in my life. As for the C word. Hurrramph..Bah...Humbug!! I was sick for most of December and didn't send any Christmas cards - guess what? The sky did not fall in! Just home from a holiday and trying to catch up with visiting my fave blogs. I'm hoping they will stir up my creativity. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lizzie fab tags, and I love your boy baby card using our sketch at Cardabilities, fabulous. Have a great day, bye for now.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post Lizzy, it really brought a smile to my face on a grey day! love all of these, couldn't possibly pick a fave - and I'm very happy to take the blame for your new addiction to Tim hehehe :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome work! I heard glitters are totally hot this year so really trendy as well.
    I like the cute card ass well!
    Greetings Petra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, amazing work! I love that you have such a wide range and can scrap with just about anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loooooove the tag Lizzy.....way cool and the sentiment just fabulous!!!! Love it! Great cards too.....the vintage one is just too sweet ann a really grest design! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These all look super gorgeous, Lizzy. Love that tag and the cards are fabulous too......you've made a great start on your Christmas cards and the baby card is just soooooooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! (The tag is great too!) Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling, it's always best to flout what you're SUPPOSED to do anyway. :) That tag came out great - and maybe you just invented a new technique that Tim will steal for his next book. hehe. And that baby card? It may not be "distressed" but it's sure vintage and layered! Love it.!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh love your glitter card & tag! Am dying to bust out the glitter - it is just everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh Lizzy! Oh! So glittery and happy! Love your Tim! Tag and your baby card and all that glitter! I am impressed that you have your first Christmas card done...NOT jumping on that bandwagon! I do have 10-12 cut Valentine's Day cards on the desk though right now...maybe I will pull out some glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're hilarious! I've been looking at the Tim tags as well, and wanted to play along for January, but ran out of time. Might still join for this month. Gorgeous work all round!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my ! You have created such an amazing works my friend. Your background for the tag is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing your art work with us. Thank you for taking part in Finnabair 'Sparkle & Shine' challenge. Best of luck. Hugs, Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shimmering, glimmering! Great take on the challenge! Thank you for joining the Finnabair "Sparkle and Shine" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always make me laugh...doing exactly the opposite of what you should and it works a charm. Then you made me feel ashamed because I have a pile of Christmas cards I never completed. Love the baby card too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)