About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

DUSTY ATTIC CHALLENGE ~ JANUARY 2014

Hullo my scrappy friends! Well, it's a new year & a new team & my first take on the DUSTY ATTIC CHALLENGE for January. Here's the inspiration board:
As well as this, you need to use DUSTY ATTIC chippy on your LO. I took the idea of the wharf rather literally, using wood grain bg paper [Kaisercraft]...then added my own sun rays with a mask - picking up the colours from the sunrise.
Remember! The Mood Board is for inspiration - you can interpret it however you wish:)
 And here's my finished A4 sized LO:
I've had a great time with the chippy. I actually thought these were rushes...apparently they're lavender chippy...but I 'worked' it as a water plant!!!
So, how did I do use my Dusty Attic chippy? Firstly as a stencil & drew in behind my cluster, then heat embossed. In gold. Of course!!
Some of the lavender stalks I dry embossed with my Big Shot.
The circles behind the photo have also been heat embossed with gold...there's a bit of gold all over the show.
Not that that will surprise you:)
I chopped up one of the DA Elegant Frames...
...then added some distress ink as well as the embossing:
 Had a BALL creating the anchor below - it's a 7 DOTS STUDIO stamp [Destination Unknown] that I initially embossed in navy.
You can see the other circle peeking out from under the photo there, too:
The yummy flair is from my scrappy mate Mitra.....perfect! I even tucked one into the Dusty Attic Flowers cluster:
 So, I'm hoping you can get your hands on some DA goodies. Their shop link is HERE......& join in with the challenge on the side bar of the blog!!
NEWSFLASHNEWSFLASHNEWSFLASH!!!
For the month of JANUARY ONLY, you can get 20% of ALL DUSTY GOODIES!!!
Just use the code: happy2015
Sooo....get yourself a few & try out for the $100 PRIZE, I reckon!!!!
Thanks so much for looking  ~ And happy scrapping!
Lizzy ♥♥♥
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DUSTY ATTIC GOODIES USED:
Elegant Frames 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23 comments:

  1. Gorg. That burst is absolutely fabulously done. And even if they are suppppoooooosed to be lavender they look perfect as rushes. ;) Dual usage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful Lizzy, well done on your first DT for DA!!! I think the chippies work perfectly for beachy plants, that is what I thought they were when I first saw them.. love the gold embossing, and great photo too.. shame about the prawns though... :(.. Happy Hump Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the chipboard and the flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That gold is divine! And you are totally rocking the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful layout Lizzy! beautiful colours and great composition! ))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely LO. The golden details, I love it!
    I like the chipboard Lavendel as well, it looks gordious.
    Greetings Petra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page Lizzy...that fab sunburst bg is like magic , making wonders with the fab gold embossing leaves. A fantastic take on the challenge inspiration board, love the photo, journaling and bling. Thanks for all your love and comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely wonderful page Lizzy!!! A fabulous debut post for Dusty Attic!! Love the sunburst background and of course the touches of gold!! Stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunner! Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You bring such an artful touch to every page you touch: i love how you started by using the chipboard as a stencil. Clever! And the size of this layout? You can go big or small and still pack it full of lovely details

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous background, embellishments and layout.

    Best of the New Year

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous page, Lizzy. I love the stencilling behind the chippie......it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, a fave for me. Love all the different techniques you have used. Particularly love the chippy that you have made look like the ship steering wheel and the anchor looks oh so good. Always love your splashes of gold

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome Lizzy! I so love that you've recorded something that has now disappeared. How important is that? You'll be able to show your following generations something that they'll never see for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, Lizzy! How on earth to you do it each and every time? Create such wonderful works of art! I love this page so much - everything about it is amazing. And you make me want to RUN right over to Dusty Attic and take part in the challenge, too!!! I hope to have some time this month! Thanks, my friend, for always leaving nice comments at my blog, too. You make me smile!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the vibrant colours of this page...I have a chippy addiction...so I am saying no more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This may be one of my favorite things you've created! I really like the lavender rushes! I could see the lavender once you said that, but it really made sense to me as rushes! Loving the blue flowers too! Sad about the last of the boats for you! ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous I love it and that photo is just perfect. Love the gold embossing and the clean lines of this layout for you .... fave for me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooohhh.... can almost feel d warm rays of d evening Sun. Love the layers and details.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Lizzy, this is SO beautiful! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous page...I love it....the colouring and elements so super! A sad journalling piece and I agree with you...change is not always for the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)