About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 1 January 2015

Challenge YOUrself ~ #13 ~ Traditions:

Shall I start off with saying I'm a lazy scrapper? Couldn't be bothered getting out some white card. Just did this instead!
Thanks to SCRAPPY CANARY for these goodies!
Anyways...traditions....Chrissy.....lotsa journaling on this as I chat about our [ex]writer's group who USED to meet weekly 'til we all moved away from each other, then got older....& some of us may have gotten distracted by scrapping.....ANYWAYS amongst all that...we still ALWAYS meet for a Chrissy catch up. This is the LO from this year's photo.
Well, the FIRST LO. I tried to stop at this, I really did.....but it looked so BORINGLY plain.....
So I then fussied it up a bit more. Take One:
The papers all come from that year-old SCRAPTASTIC kit....it was a goody!!!
So, here's TAKE TWO [the one I'm entering into the challenge]:
Some closies of the Finally Finished page:
 The white space on the photo was really UNhappy 'til I filled it up.....!!!
 Yes, that MAY be ribbon that I MAY have purchased after I did my ribbon cull. But it's cute. And in French. Ma resistance, c'est tres pauvre!!!
 Flair. Thank you Mitra! And the Dusty Attic chippy has been chopped in half.
I used Inka Gold from  Time To Create for a quick fix bit of bling.
 Dusty Attic stars. LOOOVE them!!!!! As I do those little word stickers, c/- Sandy T!!
I went all angles on this page. Dunno why.....
 NB the Deer...thanks Sandy A!!!
And thank you for another fabulous challenge over at Challenge YOUrself
~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

20 comments:

  1. Haha - I think you have just the right amount of kitsch on the finished page. We are in that genre of crafters that is officially called "Why stop when you can add more?" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More is less ;) ;) ;) and like Becca ( above) said: why stop when you can add more and I do prefer the second one !!! ....and here I go again my self ( cant say a good thing often enough on that one day in the year it applies to, so Happy New Year Lizzy 🎉🌃🎉🎇🎉🎆🎉

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Lizzy, your work is brilliant , so many wonderful memories to keep in the history of you and your family... love this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, bright Christmassy colours and bling. Luuuurve the flairs and the gold stars. How lovely to keep in touch with long term mates and celebrate the season. Thanks for all your bloody support in 2014 and Happy New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve it Lizzy! Love the comparisons and your writings about the two! Lovin that gold bit of chippy and the stars!!! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Hope you had a very wonderful Christmas too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Lizzy and I prefer take two, but you know me , I like to use a lot of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! LOVING the different patterns and the stars!!! Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzy your work is so gorgeous! love your combination of different patterns and gold arrows are really awesome (must to have it in my hands ))))) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy New Year! I hope your year is off to a good start! I had dad and mum here for lunch for their wedding anniversary, so,that was a god day! Love your layout, and love the extra things on the second take! And special memories there too! Enjoy the rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't look lazy to me - looks like you really worked the angles on this page. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun and joyful Christmassy page and great to see how #1 evolved into #2 - I definitely like the second version best!I always like how you alter embellishments to make them your own. hohoho can't believe you've been buying more ribbon already - but then sometimes it's inspiring to have something new isn't it? I'm still enjoying some of the fruits of your recent cull btw thanks very much :o) Wishing you and yours a new year full of peace love and happiness xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol... had me laughing out loud on this post a couple of times. like your way of thinking..nothing bad about being a lazy scrapper :). we all do that from time to time...*giggle* and then the fact you found the first take boring...good! stick with the things you like, do the stuff you love the way you love - isn´t that what it is supposed to be about!!? and you bought MORE ribbon *rollingeyes*!! well, I guess you were allowed to after getting rid of some :)... I still have so much...thinking about weaving them into my rugs..hahaa!! really liking the golden arrow stickers!! yum, yum!! wishing you a happy new year!! xxx, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing combination of patterns, Lizzy! You are far from a lazy scrapper ;) Fabulous tradition and I am so glad you shared it with us at Challenge YOUrself. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah so nice to have a catch up at Christmas! Looks really fun! Great design and love how you did the journalling....all the little bits too...are fabulous, as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your page is absolutely wonderful Lizzy! And the tradition your shared with us is joyful! Your layout is creative and fun - the way you filled up the white space in your photo is genius!!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month - we are so happy that you did!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love this layout and the mix of papers. Worked out perfectly. How wonderful to have a catch up. My fave kinds. Love all the goldie sparkle ... great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Certainly a cool mix of elements here Miss Lizzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous page Lizzy, such a lovely way to remember a catch up with good friends!! Love all the angles and and the gold sparkle ... absolutely fabulous!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  19. No ways are you a lazy scrapper...not if I see all the pretty details on your page...and your attention to detail with mixed media. Gorgeous page Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous page Lizzy, I am jeleous of the flare buttons. Great tradition, thanks for playing along at Challenge YOUrself !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)