About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 6 January 2015

7 DOTS STUDIO challenge - the Holiday Spirit.

Good day to you all! I had the PERFECT Christmas Day snap for the current challenge over at 7 DOTS STUDIO....as well as the fact it fits right in with the Holiday Spirit of giving.
And I've my lovely 7 Dots papers to use....so here's what I did:
 We were blessed to have family come down from Queensland & celebrate Christmas with us....the present swapping on Christmas Day is one of the FUNNEST bits that we all look forward to. Oriana knew she was getting a new bag....but she didn't know there were MORE pressies inside it! I was lucky enough to capture her expressions as she found them!!!!
 I've used my Destination Unknown papers....fussy cut out the flag....the heart has been coated in Dusty Attic Clear Gloss Varnish....& I've used a resin round [thanks Mitra!!] on top of some 7 Dots paper to make the little 'button'....I've never seen those clear resin thingies. But I think I'm in LOOOVE!!!
 A 3rd Eye badge....& a DA title as well....also coated in the Clear Gloss. I thought the purple worked well against the colours in the papers...
 And I've popped some SRM stickers under the title. I got that 'scratched' look from rubbing sandpaper on my page....added some DA paint with some bubble wrap for a subtle stamped bg effect.....
And TA-DAAAAA.....
The big gum tree chippy comes from DA too - appropriate since most of our Christmas meals are spent outside under the shade of the trees away from the hot sun!!!!
SOZZY to my Northern Friends! But it is HOT here atm!!!!
Anyways, that's it from me. I really enjoyed doing this page!
Thanks for looking ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Dusty Attic
Yvonne Y [SRM stickers]
Evalicious [grey puffy sticker]

24 comments:

  1. That series of photos...priceless!!!! Beautiful page...love the purple stitching and threads. It looks so good with this colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - that look! I love that you will be able to look at this page again and again and smile. The chipboard accents are fab-o, too. And, yeah yeah - you and your sunshiney splendor... *Shivering and glaring at you* :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe....love the photos that really tell the story! Look at you working those chipboard! Super fun page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cats I love it!!! Great photos. Love the stitching and the wad of string!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeeee this! LOVING the colors, the photos and the trees!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That capture is priceless! So worth a page of it's own. Love the paper you used and the big gum tree. The bottle top is gorgeous with it's tiny bit of "purple" - yes I did spot some purple. Sadly lots of our gum trees here in the North East, have gone up in smoke over the past couple of days. Thank God for the valiant efforts of the Fire fighters, who put their lives on the line to safe people and homes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WISH it was hot here! The wind sounded like a freight train in the pines earlier today and it's chilly! Love that photo you captured that awesome happy suprise! Nice job on your page! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, crud, I just did a page back w/o saving my comment! Slap! Hi Lizzy! Your page is really fun! You captured a photo that will be a family treasure for generations to come! Thank you for finding me through your friend, Becca, and joining my blog! It's a pleasure to meet you and return the flavor by joining your blog! I hope to see you again soon and I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gems you have captured with the photo's. A fun , happy memory to document. Love all the embellies you have used to tell your story so well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..Different colors and you have achieved wonderful effect with very few embellies !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those photos are priceless. Well done to you for capturing the moment. A fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning page Lizzy and love that design! Gorgeous photo's too....that tree chippie is perfect! ;-) I can so identify with the hot days...we have been sweltering here....but I am not complaining....enjoying it all!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those photos are awesome.. perfect catch of the expressions on Her face.. that is the best part of giving pressys at Christmas time.. I got Hannah a sloth calendar as she loves sloths, and boy did she love it!! hehe!! love the big chippie and it just looks like they are sitting under the trees opening their pressys!! as always love all the attention to detail on your back ground and embellies!! Wonderful layout, and I am sure you will look back on the happy memories!! Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant photos! I love how the black and white makes them really pop. I'm trying to imagine Christmas meals outside. Our world truly is an amazing place

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous page!! Those photos are fabulous!! Love the 'bubble wrap' stamp on the bg and that gum tree is awesome!! Wonderful memories captured and saved!!! Fantastic!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is NOTHING better than an unexpected present :D How fab that you had your camera ready. Love the photos and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking good! Great page! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sequence of photos is just priceless. Don't you love it when you capture the moment at the right time? Fabulous! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable layout! Such great photos too! Thanks for playing at 7 Dots Studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So gorgeous page!!!! Thanks for playing at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful layout Lizzy! :-)
    Thank You for joining our 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful layout! Beautiful details! Thanks for playing at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic page! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)