About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 11 December 2014

My Creative Sketches Challenge

Sometimes you have a photo you want to scrap....& a challenge you want to do - like I had for MY CREATIVE SKETCHES - but you're not too sure that you can 'pull it off'. In this case, my problem was my friend had given me only 2 photos. But the sketch is this:
Soooo... lateral thinking time. I fussy cut & split up the smaller photo for the left hand side....left the bigger, better coloured one for the right. 
The background is a 'nod' to Yvonne Yam....FINALLY used the ink residue from my plastic doily & slapped it on this card stock before cleaning it! Similar thing happened with the green sun rays...so, this back ground has actually been waiting a while to be used - & I reckoned it'd be perfect for this sketch!!!
Couldn't RESIST using these Lawn Fawn stamped images...bit tricky fussy cutting those legs, but it was worth the effort! Some OLD baby sentiments from Authentique....& behind, a pile of SRM 'baby' stickers...
The 'hello life' badge is from A Piece of Cake designs....she has LOVELY kits for sale if you're an Aussie:) And the title was heat embossed chippy, then covered in nail polish [yeah....couldn't help myself!!]....

And here you can see the Lawn Fawn sun die, alongside this YUMMY Charm's Creation star...I really had fun doing this page, &  I hope my GF likes it. She's a 'new' grandmother.....so lovely she's joined the club! It's an exciting, fun time of life, for certain:):)
Cheers for now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous twist on the sketch. I love the sun burst and the background. Great job fussy cutting the photo and the stork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will gift the Christmas gift of Mariah Carey to friends of the world.
    All I Want For Christmas Is You (SuperFestive!) (Shazam V ... http://wp.me/p3YsMF-4I @ Sakamoto2Ryouma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really gorgeous Lizzy!!! The silhouetted photo looks great! Loveing that background too! Oh and congrats to your friend! Apparently Im a new granny too - of Adam and Isabels puppy lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Love that you've used the residual inks for that awesome background! Clever take on the sketch....I'm still working on mine..*winks*

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOweee love your take on the sketch.. and yes I know.. sometimes a sketch just grabs you and you just feel like creating a layout for it.. then some sketches as lovely as they are....I just cant seem to make it work.. you have made this work.. so well.. love the rays on your back ground.. love the fussy cutting of your photo, and I had to smile at the thought of you 'slapping' the doiley on your cardstock to use the color up..hehe.. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used that doily the opposite way! That rocks! That Yvonne is always full of good ideas....Rock star layout! Love your lateral thinking! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the photos, the sunburst and the star!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzy this is such a sweet page! I love how you've cut around the images to really highlight the people while leaving so much space for that gorgeous, artistic background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is the perfect background, just waiting for this special layout. You pulled it off alright, its a fantastic layout

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizzy such a wonderful little one! ))) love your work with background and how you fit all these photos into page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic celebration of new life :) Love the background (double bonus that it is leftovers!!!) and the storks are gorgeous and well worth the effort indeed!!! What a fabulous way to share S' excitement at her new arrival :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful Baby page - just in time for Christmas. Somehow babies and Christmas just go together in my mind! Love the way you just had the background waiting in the wings. The felt star is perfect. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous baby page Lizzy and done on an existing background no less ... awesome!! Love the sun rays and the felt star and really love how you used the photos .... brilliant!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nail polished chippy FAB !! I loeved the sun rays pattern on bg .Clever idea of using the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome page, I love how you used this sketch. Thank you for joining the My Creative Scrapbook sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. That star is beautiful indeed.

    I love the way your mind thinks - you seem to thrive on these challenges. I'm hopeless with sketches

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your take on the sketch and the background looks wonderful. Love how the people continue out of the pic. Very clever and a fabulous layout to welcome a precious little boy into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lizzy this is fantastic! You really nailed that sketch with your starburst of color, love how you cut out the photos...really awesome design great colors....have a fantastic weekend hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous LO, Lizzy!! Love the stamped background and fussy cut photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful layout! Thank you for playing along with us at My Creative Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us on My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning page and so love your styling here! Love the background and the photo's are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my....that background is awesome! And to think that it's from mists left over on the template/stencils...I love how it's not perfect, IYKWIM. AND the green starburst works brilliantly with all the other colours. You've totally rocked this one & I'm sure your GF will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)