About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 5 December 2014

ARTastic CHALLENGE ~ December 2014 & a TUTORIAL up at OFF THE RAILS:

Ho! Ho! Ho! Here comes Santa on his sled....a taaaad early...over at ARTastic!!!!
Ethel Powers painting! The CRITERIA is the COLOURS, plus you can do a Chrissy themed project - but it is NOT mandatory...& of course, use the painting as inspiration. Here's mine:
Can you see I've taken the design of the painting & basically used it! Even did the angled edges with the torn paper! The alphas were red...& looked boring...so out came my WOW embossing powder. Once I started.....
 ....couldn't stop [NOTE - FAVEST 3rd Eye 'love' stamp in use above!!]
& wood looks sooo much prettier all sparkled up! The 'sprinkle joy' came from a Sandi T giveaway:):)
I may have got a TAD excited about adding stars...since the picture had some.....
 I may have added quite a bit [UNDERSTATEMENT] to the bg...but it was FUN......& there were so many colours on the board to use [ANY EXCUSE!!!].....who can see the little present stamp? Middle side left....3rd Eye....
 Couldn't leave the tree without added sparkle!!!
 Oh, heat embossing, I LOOOVE thee...3rd Eye star stamps....hmmmnnnn...didn't realise I'd gone to town quite so much using their stamps!!!
Right. I'm sure that's ENOUGH of the closies, yeah???? 
Soooooo....how does the picture inspire YOU? Chrissy or non-Chrissy....would LOVE to see your 'take' for this month at ARTastic!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, I've got another Christmas inspired post up over at OFF THE RAILS...you can find it HERE. Suffice to say, you can turn this:
into this:
Hope you get a chance to pop on by:)
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:

16 comments:

  1. Lizzy, your messy masterpieces never cease to amaze! Your art is a constant source of inspiration for me! Love all the sparkles and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh this is soooooooooooo fun! LOVING the bright colors and all that splatter!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this pag Lizzy - new fav of yours for me!!! The splatters are done to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Lizzy! love this layout - so dynamic composition and great colours combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the slightly knocked back blue and that grey for a retro look. And honestly I'd love to know more about how long a beautifully detailed page like that takes? Maybe you should do some step by steps..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout for ARTastic, great colors and love the way the alphas pop,with the blue! And can never have too many stars on a Chrissy layout , and great tute over at off the rails! Have a great weekend! We have had some lovely rain and could be more on the weekend! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kapow Miss Lizzy - what a vibrant, festive, knockout of a page. LOVE all the stars and the flamboyant paint splats.
    Your tags are beautifully festive too and I like the pops of washi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fun and festive page Lizzy! ;-) Such a super photo and super design! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely delish! My favorite are the "ornaments" you added to the photo, although the sparkle EVERYWHERE is a second in my book! LOVE IT! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun and full of energy! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a knock out Lizzy, love the big splashes of fun and colour and the glitzed-up alphas, brilliant :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the explosion of colour, much like it looks after all the unwrapping on Christmas morning. Fabulous layout Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just an explosion of Christmas-ness... what a fun layout and that is some present. Fabulous. Off to check out the other tutorial too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lizzy this is amazing. I wish I had the courage to just go art crazy and create awesome pages like you...but I am still not able to get out of the box :-P Love all the shiny on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That background is just totally AWESOME! I have to ask....how long would it take you to create a background like this? (if it was me, It'd take me forever (probably because I think & plan too much!!! lol). You know what this background looks like to me? It's like an explosion from the christmas unwapping...right out of the photo & onto your page. Looks bloody fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)