About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 1 December 2014

A Sad Adieu to Once Upon A...Sketch:

Hullo to y'all! I have some sad news to share. Once Upon A...Sketch will be finishing up this month. If you'd like to 'read all about it', then pop on over to the blog.
Meanwhile, we've condensed our reveal into one post...& understand, with no prizes or winners, etc - this month will be more an Inspiration Month than challenge!
So, we were asked to use the sentence 'IT'S DECEMBER...' as our inspiration, along with this sketch:
You know how some pages you just really like? Well, this is one of those. It may be the 'story' behind this page.....when these 2 got together, Stephanie had recently found out she was expecting a baby! So add that to the poignancy of NOT being together....there's a sweet sadness about living so far apart, despite the world being a much smaller place......anyways, enough chat. 





Notice, I DID NOT WRITE A THING.....I just let you look:) 
Miracles do happen!
Thanks so much for looking - & for being with me on the ride that was OUA...S!
It's been a fascinating journey, a REALLY busy year, commenting on 80+ entries every month.....seeing LOTS of amazing scrappers...but I must say, I'm ready for a rest from it all:)
And...as always....HAPPY SCRAPPING ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. It is so sad to see one of my favourite places closing, but what is the saying... Tis better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all... Brilliant take on the finale of a wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many details!! Another awesome LO Lizzy..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you have gone out with a brilliant layout Lizzy. Looks amazing....Love all the little travel embellies..
    I played along for the first time last month and loved it, so I am really sad that it is closing down too..... but completely understand all the time and effort it takes to run something a big as OUAS was.
    I will be playing along again this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this...especially all the cute embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad news with OUAS - but your layout is really amazing with so so so many details! Love it! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it !! Specially the travel theme embellishments n details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your layout is beautiful Lizzy! it's sad about OAUS, but life gives us another ways for our hobby, I believe in it )))

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful page to see the challenges out in style.

    As always I enjoyed all the details on this page: I love how the torn paper makes a roof shape, for a hint of home amidst that travelling

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout Lizzy, all your little details tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the news this morning - so sad. OUAS was one of the 'big' challenge sites that always had plenty of great inspiration. Prizes or no prizes, I'll join in for the last time this month if I can. I love that soft green on your layout and the fab journalling. I'm a bit lost with the family members so what will you be - an aunt/grandma/something else?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sad to hear they are closing ... I absolutely LOVEEEEEEEE your lo! LOVING the colors, the travel bits and the journaling!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ive enjoyed every single reveal of OUAS this year and 😢 to see it close.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do enjoy your rest dear Lizzy 'cause I am sure an opportunity will come a knocking with the new year! I am sad to see that blog shut down too, but can understand the circumstances! Love this page! Such a pretty photo! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firstly, let me say what a beautiful page you've created, chock full of tiny details which just beg to be teased out for the symbolism they represent. Especially like the glove and the plane for the theme of the page. Congrats on keeping OUAS open for as long as you have, it's a credit to your indefatigable energy and commitment. I'm sorry to see such a beautiful site close, but fully understand there is a time for every purpose under heaven. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful page Lizzy! I always love your styling and so many lovely elements! ;-) Definitely sad that OUAS will no longer be...it was the first challenge site that I ever dared to enter anything for....it was so encouraging and was certainly one of the blogs, that got me up to speed and where I am today! I will surely miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OUAS was one of my fav. challenge blogs :( Very sad news. LOVE your page thought Lizzy - can totally see why it is a favourite of yours. Sweet story too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO they really are closing huh? I felt for sure it would carry on. I have to say I don't miss all the commenting one bit. I know how lovely it is to get comments but it really was a time sucker. :D Love the layout you created and so nice to see the journalling on the layout. That is my next step if I ever get back into scrapping :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this layout but haven't heard the news, popping over to have a read now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This looks AMAZING Lizzy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)