About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 14 December 2014

7 Dots Studio Challenge

Good Day to you all! The 7 Dots Studio challenge this month is 'Warm and Cosy'.....
Being HOT weather over here, it's a bit weird doing the winter thing, but here's what I came up with:
 I've used my 7 DOTS STUDIO papers I won in a giveaway, so it's the DESTINATION UNKNOWN collection. The flair [above] is Freckled Fawn...the big chevron badge from CRAZY MONDAY KITS.
I wanted to make the LO quite light and bright, so used gesso over the papers & the blues & lime green to lift it!!!
The banners under the flair are fussy cut from the 6x6 paper pad. Here's my journaling....Cindy was our dog prior to Wally...
 I used some of the little word stickers that were appropriate, as well as 'fussying up' some of the tags to tuck around the photo.
 Here's my title, with one of the collection's stamps [compass] behind it....appropriate, I thought! I've also used the script stamp on the background  -you can just see it in the yellow ink.
And my whole page! I have used a sunburst mask on the background, as well. These papers take MM work so well:) Right, off to bed to cuddle up to Humphrey....LOL! Not likely....he's up in the attic somewhere these days!!!

27 comments:

  1. A do in bed with Humphrey B Bear - well I guess he was cold and lonely. What a cute page and lovely memories. Love that journalling right on the page - one of these days, I shall be brave enough to do that too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally rocked this LO, Lizzy!! Fabulous page!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Wow..I loved the green n blue combo and that banners ,lovely bg too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the journalling and quote and such an adorable photo, love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so funky - love the labelling! And the doodling around each! Awesome work, Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well doesn't she look comfortable!hehe! Love all the details you put on your background and the layers and love the quote too! I hope you had a good weekend.... Now if you can just get this week to go a bit slower I will be happy with that! Slow down the days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooooooooooo cute! I love love love that photo!!! And loving your page! LOVING the colors, the textures and the cluster of circle elements!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah...such a funny dog!!! and you have been really good on using that 7D paper...mine are still on my desk...I gently flick through them, but only have used just a little so far...way too pretty to use (yet) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooo pretty layout, Lizzy! fun photo and great journalling! love your background - looks wonderful )))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lizzy, this is beyond gorgeous. And HILARIOUS! Haha... that picture is just the funniest thing. I love the story to go along with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! That is such a cute photo. Love your layout......the colours look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very clever take on warm and cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful choise of papers with your photo ! thank you for joining us at 7 Dots Studio !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun layout Lizzy! I love those green title stickers and the title is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh!!!! My cuty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It;s so funny lo !!! Love it Lizzy! Thanks for playing with 7Dots Studio!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL....such a cute photo and a super page to match! Beautiful layers and like that muted sunburst effect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww precious photo and so deserving of a layout. Love your take on the challenge and now I have finally received my 7 dots papers I will be able to play along. If I can find my mojo that is :P Merry Christmas Lizzy <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a photo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how you have taken originally cold colours and made a totally warm layout with them (the picture is the key element)!!!! Thanks for playing with us at 7 Dots, Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. aw! this is adorable Lizzy!! love the LO!! thanks for joining us at 7 Dots Studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the way you built your page outwards from the photo by all that layering. I'm inspired to lift it, but going with a vertical format 8.5"x11" instead. hope that's OK

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Lizzy and the photo is adorable!! We have a dog who loves to get under the covers regardless of the temperature. Even on a 40 degree day he sleeps under his bed cushion not on top as you would expect. Dogs is funny people!! You gotta love 'em!! LOL!! Your page is fantastic! Gorgeous colour and fab layers ... simply awesome and a lovely tribute to your beautiful mate!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh such a sweet photo & layout....that is just too cute of the puppy in bed snuggling up to Humphrey!! LOL! Love all your layering & background work...everything looks fabo! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute page Lizzy! Thanks so much for joining in at 7 Dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, so great! Loving the layers and the colors and that cluster! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha...what a sweet photo...very pretty page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)