About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 16 November 2014

Once Upon A...Sketch ~ November 2014

G'day, my scrappy friends ~ time to unveil my LO for this month's OUA...S challenge. Here's the criteria for this month:
Journalling Theme: "Inspiration/I am inspired by etc..."
You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 
One of the scrappers who I tend to have a fair bit in common with, scrappy-wise, & who ALWAYS inspires me AND who I've met IRL is Sarah Groen. This photo was apparently just waiting for this opportunity to be scrapped!
And so, in honour of Sarah, I thought of all the thing she likes - & that I have in my stash 'cos I like them too....& created this:

Oh, MAAAAN....did I 'treat' the bg to a pile of Stuff! I like masks - as does Sarah....I KNOW she uses her sunrays one a lot....that's the one I started with. Six later, plust some gelatoes....it was a bit chaotic. Sort of went a tad overboard....so, out came the gesso....which toned it down nicely....& since it was WET, I added some gold embossing powder. Naturally!
I really love how Sarah inks her page edges & uses chevrons..so on they went! The chippy title is also a 'nod' to her...mine came from A2Z Scraplets, thanks to Belinda Scott! You can just see a YUMMY Evalicious clip arrow there, too.
Both of us LOVED the Pink Paislee 'Portfolio' collection. Can you see the word peeking out at the top here? This is NOT scrap paper - it's the cover page for that collection! And we both like washi...so on some of that went, too:)
Sandra S sent me those 'Kiwi' flavoured buttons....so HAD to use that one as Sarah is a New Zealander! The 'here' one is from A Flair for Buttons.....LOOOOVE them!
 And just one more closie.....
...this challenge is FABULOUS 'cos 'inspiration' really can come from soooo many sources....such a great thing to scrap about!!!
Hoping to see you join us at OUA...S this month:)
Lizzy ♥♥♥
THANKS TO & GOODIES FROM:

19 comments:

  1. Lizzy you are ANAZING - I sm the one inspired by YOU I think. I love your page sooooo much. It really does have every one of my Favourite elements on it. I love the gold embossing powder - off to get some of that today :) thanks for the tribute my friend I am truly honored - and yes, it was a really fun day wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome, Lizzy! I don't scrap... am strictly a card making gal... but you make me want to! All of the textures here are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page dedicated to Sarah. I love that you used all the things you both like on the page and gesso fixes everything I find. Love how you use the gold embossing powder on your layouts, it is a lovely touch and a bit of a trademark for you. A lovely photo and so nice you got to meet IRL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo of two inspirational scrappy chicks! How lovely you got to spend some time together across the "Ditch' Now that many stencilled layers would freak me out, but then, as you did, I guess gesso is the go to cover up. It never quite hides all the horror for me though. Maybe I don't have the industrial strength version. You rocked this challenge Lizzy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Lizzy and there is definitely a "Sarah" flavour to it. I really love how the background turned out and I MUST make some time to try out that thing you do with embossing powder, it looks so cool :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous photo and a wonderful layout Lizzy ....6 mask OMG I'm lucky to use 2 at a time....I would need a huge tub of gesso....but then there is more.... Your close up photos and descriptions are always brilliant . Love visiting and seeing your work! A wonderful take on the challenge! I have actually played along this month...YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely Lizzy! I love your background details and that is a beautiful photo too! And you are a special lady to a lot of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice! I love that you used all the things she loves! SUPER COOL! I do hope we can meet IN REAL LIFE TOO at some point....Have my toes crossed on that one! Hugs Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the layers and the journaling is perfect!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do have a lot in common. You make me laugh when you say you "naturally" added the gold embossing powder to the wet gesso...reminds me of Kasia's "don't think just do" attitude. I need to learn that from you. Your page honouring your friendship is beautiful and unique as you are xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great background! Love the gold!! Also love to document my scrappy meet-ups!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an amazing job with this sketch, Lizzy! Your background is simply amazing and looks so cool with all of your touches and that great photo. And I loved reading your journaling, too! And I want to thank you so much for stopping by my blog and making me smile today! THANKS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing take on the sketch Lizzy! Every single piece on this page is not just art, but so inspired by love and friendship. Love your journaling too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic layout! Lots of texture on here! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go on piling it on! lol I love how you added the embossing powder on the wet gesso...I must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You get around. :) How cool is that. I love Sarahs style too and yours so it is a meeting of two great styles. Love the background work and fun colours. Wonderful Tribute to Sarah too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful page Lizzy. Love your work so much and your background work is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow wonderful page ! Awesome work on background..so much has been done on it and loved the outcome !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous page and such a special photo! I love the textures and the journalling awesome! This is a page, that is beautiful, inside and out! ;-))))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)