About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 29 November 2014

OFF THE RAILS TUTORIAL & ANOTHER FREAKING SCRAPPY CHALLENGE nov 14

Howdy, my scrappy friends! Over at OFF THE RAILS today, I'm sharing how I used the extra ATC's I made for the IDEAL ATC SWAP into cards!
I really enjoyed creating these little scraps of goodness with a pile of 3RD EYE STAMPS & Distress inks.....Here's the whole group of cards made by the girls in this particular swap, based on a winter theme along with something shiny:
 Aren't they cute? Anyone can join in - first in first serve basis:) Here's a closie of mine:
...and if you'd like to see the cards I made, pop on over to OTR HERE:):)
Meanwhile........
ANOTHER FREAKING SCRAPPY CHALLENGE
I managed to sneak in this one as I was VERY taken by the sketch:
Can you guess WHY I like it??? LOL.....& it's NOT the photos!!! Oh, joy of joys, I can do LOTS of journaling:) AND I had sooo much that I actually did this [thanks AFSC!!!!!]
Journaling is beneath the LO below - don't kill your eyes!!!
Just a LITTLE journaling, tee-hee;) And Helen W, I was wishing I had your 12x12 printer...but this worked OK!!
I used a Stampin' Up roller stamp across the middle, then popped on some washi tape....
Added some little words & Freckled Fawn resin triangles & a dog clip:
 And below is a chippy circle from the gorgeous Marie-Christine D...I backed it with pink paper so you could see the 'great' a bit better, then layered some washi for 'interest'.
 The flair are from A Piece of Cake Designs & the word one from Flutterby Designs....for those who like a story, here is my journaling:
TAKEN FEBRUARY 1999 AT ST IVES – SNOWDEN PLACE – SYDNEY, WHERE WE ALL LIVED WHEN TOM WAS CEO & PRINCIPAL CHAPLAIN AT THE MISSION TO SEAFARERS.
WE’D ALREADY BOUGHT OUR HOUSE AT WOY WOY & WERE COMING UP MOST WEEKENDS – THE BOYS GOT INVOLVED IN BOTH TENNIS & SOCCER UP HERE
WHEN LUKE [TOM’S BASSETT HOUND] DIED, WE GOT BASIL. BUT HE WAS SLIGHTLY CRAZY & GOT RUN OVER BY A BUS [NO JOKE]. SO THEN TOM SAID “NO MORE DOGS!” BUT I WAS HOME, ALONE, MOST DAYS [DOING A BIT OF MOBILE HAIRDRESSING] & I DESPERATELY MISSED THAT ‘PRESENCE’ A DOG BRINGS.
SO, WHEN MERLE & BILL [TOM’S BRO] WERE OUT FROM NZ ON HOLIDAYS, WE FOUND OURSELVES ‘RESCUING’ CINDY, AFTER READING AN AD IN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER UP AT GOSFORD. TOM WOULDN’T EVEN LOOK AT HER TO START WITH. HE SO DID NOT WANT A DOG.
WHEN WE BROUGHT HER HOME, TIM WAS SUPER EXCITED OVER THE MOON HAPPY. ALEX BURST INTO TEARS. HE STILL MISSED BASIL…
ANYWAYS, OVER THE NEXT 10 ODD YEARS, CINDY WORMED HER WAY INTO ALL OUR HEARTS. SHE MOVED WITH US TO WOY WOY & HAD A WONDERFUL LIFE.
SHE WAS UNWELL OVER EASTER 2010 FOR ONLY A COUPLE OF DAYS. BUT WE KNEW SOMETHING WAS BADLY AMISS. WE TOOK HER TO THE VET WHO TOOK TESTS & TOLD US TO RING IF SHE GOT WORSE. WE TOOK HER HOME, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, BEFORE WE COULD EVEN DO THAT, SHE DIED IN TOM’S ARMS. WE ALL HAD A BIT OF A CRY, OF COURSE.
AND NOW? NOW WE HAVE WALLY…
Blessings to you all ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: That is NOT stitching around the edge, but a stamp! Pretty neat, huh??!!!!

16 comments:

  1. What a great post Lizzy! I love those ATCs and I looked at the Ideal site to learn about swaps. Sounds like a great idea. I'm going to start making some ATCs now. You've inspired me.
    Love the scrapbook page with Cindy. Lovely journaling about a chunk of your lives. The stamp that looks like stitching is very clever. You got me fooled!
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful examples of ATC's Lizzy and I LOVE the layout with all that heartwarming journalling. Every boy needs a dog and every dog needs a boy to make their lives complete. Super cute dog clip and yummy flair....swoon, I love every thing about this page :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Lizzy I have just had a little cry over your journalling... But you did have many wonderful years with cindy.. Great take on the sketch, good room for all your journalling.. Lovely photos too.. And I shall pop over to otr and check out what you did with the atc's! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is awesome! LOVE LOVE LOVE that story! Super cool story and made me so happy to here about pre-Wally days! A dog is a necessary thing, in my book! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page full of fun touches like the photo corners and the roller stamp across the middle, that is indeed a fab sketch to work with and I love that you have used all the space for your journaling. Sweet cards too - all so different, I will have to nip over to Off The Rails now to see what's going on over there .... you can lose whole days in Blogland can't you?! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the ATC look great and so many uses for them I reckon. LOVE your page, all the little touches , but I especially love the journalling. Dogs are very special in our Lives I think, but no more for me after Scruffy is no longer here. Thank you for joining in at AFSC also. Super page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love love your lo!! LOVING the photos, the colors and the journaling!! Now off to see those ATC's!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I saw the sketch and thought - ooh, love that cos of the journaling space and then I scrolled down to see what you had to say about it. It's very clever and you have used it brilliantly. I look back at some of my older pages and really they're meaningless without the story. Now this one, it's a keeper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little ATC.......and WOW that layout is sensational....Love how you have put it all together and worked the sketch. Wonderful journaling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww....what a fabulous layout. Love the photos and the story. Glad Cindy came into your lives and brought you much joy...and that Tom now loves dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ATC cards Lizzy and super page too! Gorgeous photo's and lovely journalling...sad though...our animals become part of the family and we get so attached to them! That stitching stamp is amazing.....I really need one of those!!!!!! ;-) My sewing machine has given up the ghost again, and I just don't have the energy to get it fixed again. I will have to make a plan to get a new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lizzy the ATC's are super cute and that layout is just wonderful. I agree with Helen - actually every family needs a dog :D a wonderful story and a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lizzy....everything looks fab! Yes, everyone needs a dog in their life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looooooove this layout!! it turned out soooo great!!! new fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful! I like it so much! You rock! Eli AFSC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)