About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 8 November 2014

LESSology #42 - MONOGRAM ... & OLW #88 - THANKFUL

Hullo! I'm up today over at LESSology with the new challenge for the month...& it's to use a MONOGRAM on your project. And of course, to use at least one up-cycled/recycled item:)
What is a monogram you ask? Well, I had to Google that myself!
"A monogram is a motif made by overlapping or combining two or more letters or other shapes to form one symbol. Monograms are often made by combining the initials of an individual or a company..."
 I did a hand drawn & cut one....it's part of my title. The paper is actually old copy paper that was in the bin...I kid you NOT....I always 'stamp off' & clean my stamps on it, before popping them away....when I realised the colours were perfect for my page...well, out it came!!! 
Proof! If you'd like to see my whole project, then pop on over to LESSology!
Hoping you'll join in with us this month ~ meawhile...
ONE LITTLE WORD - THANKFUL
This is a practical 'thankful' as opposed to a 'soul feeding' one, I guess you could say!
I was SOOO pleased, grateful, excited and thankful when my GF [back in 1986] chose me to be her 'brides attendant'. Does anyone remember those feelings of being 'unwanted' cos 'everyone else' had been in a wedding party.....but you yourself. I look back now & roll my eyes...so flippin' WHAT...who CARES??? But, at the time, it seemed a big deal.....
I have a HUGE amount of hidden journaling. 2 sides in the paper bag, which 'backs' the photos. Yep, those normal paper bags.......see?
I dug into my stash again for that Pink Paislee Portfolio paper...then 'fussied' it up with extra stamping, texture and misting...THEN laid on the paper bag & popped on the photos. They don't 'match'. They are originals. I wanted them in one place. I COULD have cut the top one, above, down, but I was influenced by a Sian F post not to....sometimes the bg tells a story too:)
And it's a good story...that's the groom's sister behind me, & the little head behind HER is the bride's Mum - and, though you can barely see her.... she looks SO happy to be having the wedding of her only daughter. 3 big photos are HARD to scrap in the current 'minimalist' scrappy trend....
The quality of this one is totally different! And do you like my 'pants'. For 1986, this was EXTREMELY rare, & VERY daring. The congregation at the wedding audibly GASPED when I walked in. First. Alone. Which was also VERY rare in Aussie in the 80's. It was 'normal' for the bride & father to come in first, followed by the attendant [s]. And the lace? Curtain material. I kid you not. Pretty, eh??!!!
There was 'pretend' washi tape on the paper...so I went with that idea & splashed it around a bit...LOVE those Maggie Holmes metal triangle studs!!! And, finally....
I do so enjoy the OLW challenges! Hope you check 'em out!
And, as always, happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: Don't forget my Giveaway - link on the sidebar!!

20 comments:

  1. Lizzy this one is amazing, firstly I love the photos and the story and wow the outfits - fabulous. You haven't changed a bit. The layout is so cool but I forgot to look for the monogram so i'm heading back to have another look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want more of that pants story! Like, did you pick them? It's a super cool outfit. I really enjoyed both pages! Of course I peeked at your monogram pages ages and ages ago before it was posted 'cause I have a sticky beak (your words!). Hugs for sharing these with us Miss Lizzy Hill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Lizzy. Like Mitra, I'm a sticky beak and want to know more about the pants story too! They look amazing by the way and so do you. You tricked me though with the fourth photo. As I scrolled half way down the photo, you looked about three feet tall! Hmmm or are the Bride and Groom giants? lol. Love all the gold and the washi, but most of all, I love your precious story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scrap paper momogram... How clever is that!?! The bridesmaid LO is such a delightful page....and I have to say I love your outfit too and what an honore to be chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page! It has it all. Big rime. The story, the photos (and the background!) and the lovely paper bits to look at too. I've never seen a bridesmaid in trousers before..you work them very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lizzy you look so beautiful you really do! And pants?? They look great but would have really been different in those days! Fabulous layout, love the 3 photos which tell the story! And I hope things are going really well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love love your lo! LOVING the colors, the title work and those photos!!! And YOU ALWAYS rock LESSology!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh look at the young you!!! (haven't changed a bit!!!) LOVE this lizzy! How cool those pants would have been back then! You trend-setter! Oh gosh these pics are DEFINITELY worth scrapping about and keeping!! Oh boy...just cant get over the pants - definitely would have gotten the gasps!! (and I just love them!) The curtain lace top - you could where that today! Classic line - classic white - yep, pull it out LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of you , love those pants and your story is wonderful. Good to know you were breaking the " rules" of fashion and wedding etiquette. Love the title , the background and of course the metal

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a wonderful job with getting the bigger photo's all on the layout. I LOVE the story

    ReplyDelete
  11. you pulled this one with the three big photos off beautifully Lizzy! And yes, I noticed your pants and like you said, really rare daring and really quite amazing that you even managed to find a piece for yourself. Thanks for sharing that story too, I know exactly what you mean about feeling "wanted" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow. You were a trendsetter back in the 80s! LOVE those pants! And the story. What a lovely page!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous brides attendant you are too... love stories where you get to be different and to elicit that response - Epic. I did it at my dad's funeral where I was one of the pall bearers... many raised eyebrows I tell you. I love the curtain material :) you look stunning. Love the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just popped over to Lessology....gorgeous layout and love the monograms...you clever thing.
    ....I too am loving your outfit...WOW!!! and such a wonderful layout Lizzy....loved your story. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous photos Lizzy!! You look so pretty and those pants are awesome!!! Love the story and would like to know more about how you came to be wearing those pants!! So very daring and so very gorgeous!!! Absolutely adore the page ... beautiful work!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just fabulous!! All of it! The page, the photos (your trousers, lol) and the journaling! And I thought I knew what a monogram was, but turns out I had it wrong ... so thanks for the explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, Lizzy. I absolutely love everything about this. Especially your awesome journaling and the story behind it. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous page Lizzy and such a young and beautiful Lizzy in the photo's...NOT that you're not young and pretty now!!!! LOL....but the pants suit...so pretty...! Great page and a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fab page Lizzy! love the lace "pantydress"! and love seeing photos of you when you were younger!! and yummy stenciling going on there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How awesome Lizzy!! You look great & I absolutely adore that top you were wearing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)