About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 6 November 2014

GUEST DESIGNER - AMICHE DI SCRAP!

Hullo there! I was absolutely THRILLED to win over at AMICHE di SCRAP a couple of months ago with the LO HERE...
So, I was asked to Guest for their current challenge, which is to use a BLACK BACKGROUND!
This does not come naturally to me, &  I thought I might struggle - but strangely, it came together rather quickly. I think [THINK!!!] the secret is to keep your colour palette simple. Well, that's my theory:)
 A 3rd Eye flair, paper string from Crazy Monday Kits, some old ric rac stash!
 I used VERY old sticker letters as my background, along with that diamond 3rd Eye stamp, that I've heat embossed with silver embossing powder. The white drips are a mix of Liquid Paper [White Out, I think some of you call it, or Correction Fluid???] & also white nail polish!
 My chippy title was from a package win at Let's Get Shabby...& the Sharpie did an awesome job!
 The smile for the camera tab is also from a prize I got over at Scrap the Girls, from Flutterby Designs....
 ...& some 7 Dots Studio goodies, from a random draw prize I won over at Scrapki Wyzwaniowo! I am sooo lucky with my scrapping:)
 And this boy is a LOT taller than this now! They sure do breed 'em BIG these days!!!
You've been VERY patient. Here's the whole page:
Thanks for looking - I highly recommend AMICHE di SCRAP - they have 2 challenges over the month & the BEST thing is that they are open 'til the end of the month! So take a peek - use the 'translate' button - & have fun!!!!
Thanks for looking ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
3rd Eye Crafts
Crazy Monday Kits
Let's Get Shabby
Flutterby Designs
7 Dots Studio
Scrapki Wyzwaniowo
Scrap the Girls

19 comments:

  1. What a great layout! I love the random little bits and pieces and how they all come together to make such a cohesive page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page, Lizzy! You nailed that black background......looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colour choice with the black background and the paper string looks fab but I especially love the flairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely job as always with the black. I quite admire those splatters with the white out! ;-) And pretty cool on the sharpie chippy title! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the GDT!! This is gorgeous! You rocked the black background! I love love love love the numbers, the colors and the photo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rocked the black background Lizzy. Love the silver embossing and splashes of white out. Big alphas seem to be used less frequently these days, but they are perfect with your long title. Fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the GD spot and you have done good with the Black background and I love the numbers , with the tall theory ( and he is tall !) I keep meaning to have a go at a challenge at Amiche Di Scrap, just never enough time in a day / month/ year ! sigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your guest designer gig! This looks fabulous...you totally rocked the black background! And I love using Sharpie to colour my chipboard...those metallic ones are yummy eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! to raking on the challenge of a black background. And winning. I love how you showed the detail shots first because as I scrolled down I was getting more and more interested to see what the complete page looked like

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks wonderful and you have used a great color scheme.. Love the numbers under your photo and the circle of string is fabulous! Well done on your guest dt! I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yay!!!! And you've rocked it totally! LOVE that pop of green, its fabulous! Ooh where to start.....hmmmn... love the random number placements, the circling, the splatter... I could go on... just love everything about this and what a fab pic too! AND I've just completed this challenge... will upload soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aint that the truth.... fabulous layout and I love the sentiment. The number background looks awesome. Love it and the green is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your GDT spot Lizzy....that's fantastic.
    You layout is magnificent...love the colours and details with the black background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulazioni amica mia!
    Guest designer on an Italian blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Onya Lizzy for the GDT spot and you've done an awesome job as always!! Love the black space on your page and the numbered background to the photo looks fantastic. Absolutely stunning page!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great page Lizzy and love the colouring here! The title is a good one and the sentiment so super too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool page! and love the metal sharpie (me thinks that I will need one too :-D...)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Lizzy! Lovely layout & what a sweet photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)