About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 20 October 2014

THE SCRAP SISTERS Challenge ~ A LO:

Here's my next entry into THE SCRAP SISTERS challenge. Still following the mood board:
défipageoct2014
The beauty of doing this challenge is that you can enter a card, tag or page.....or all 3! And because you've got the right colours and goodies out to make them  you can just keep on creating with them. So, a great STASH buster challenge!!!
My page:
 I've used some transparent stickers & some vellum behind the photo - hand stitched on. Something weird is going on. I HATE hand sewing. I'm not overly fond of flowers....but since they were a requirement of the challenge, I got 'over myself'....& errrr quite enjoyed adding them!!!!
 The little clouds came from my CRAZY MONDAY KIT leftovers...the 'you and me' tab from a Flutterby Designs prize win...& I've popped a pile of washi as a photo mat...then gessoed it to blend and soften...
 You needed to use a bow [noeud] - so I popped in my beige with a bow:)
 The 'you and me' refers to my lovely Daughter in Law with her Grandmother, who she is very, very fond of, but unfortunately lives in NZ....so it's a really special time when they get together:):)
To get the green, I used Luminarte Twinkling H2Os ....over a little glitter that I'd previously stuck to this page:) I really enjoyed using the watercolours....of course, I prepped my page with gesso first:)
I do hope you will join in with The Scrap Sisters this or next month!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lizzy! Soft and sweet! Loving the watercolour effect and all the elements (especially the flowers, I am a flower fan!) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and pretty! Glad you got your flower power one! Rock star layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* this is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the colors and those flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very pretty colour scheme and pretty layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and gorgeous layout Lizzy.... I'm in love with the colors and theme.... so sweet!!! Hugs....x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Miss Lizzzy - I'm so glad you got over yourself and created this glorious page. I LOVE everything about it! The softness, the water colour look, the vellum and the flowers all playing gently together. New fave for me :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful page and I love the soft colours. The background looks amazing and the flowers look great :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Ya Lizzy! I am back!! oh boy that was soo hard not being able to pop into any blogs and see what everyone is up to.. but hopefully the fault was fixed and wont happen again.. I don't like feeling like i have fallen into a black hole and no one has noticed... anyways.. this layout is soooo beautiful.. I love how you have followed the sketch and I love the greens, and the back ground and the flowers.. pretty much love it all... I reckon this one would have to be a winner!! have a good evening...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. LOVE the dreamy ethereal effect here with the soft background and the transparent stickers and vellum combo. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super soft page and I do like the flowers . Lovely photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a soft and pretty layout - love the colour and the background is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning page! Love the softness in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow....how pretty is this page Lizzy! You nailed the colouring and design.....such a gorgous page! A definite favourite for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Lizzy I love this! Love the soft colours and - I hate to say it - the stitching and the flowers - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lizzy your take on the mood board is just astounding. Such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! how gorgeous is this! The colours are devine..............fabulous page, Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the soft and blended greens...this page turned out beautifully! You're reminding me to pull my washi out...there was once a time when I couldn't start a page without them! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your beautiful page Lizzy, green and grey are very nice toghever!!!!
    Thank you to joining us at Scrapsisters
    Marie-Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful MM background work....Love your journaling, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)