About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 26 October 2014

The Diagonal challenges. Both of 'em!

Funny, how 2 separate challenges have VERY similar sketches....& since I'd chopped one piece of paper into a diagonal to get the shape for STUCK?!
...I figured I may as well use the 1/2 left over & go into SHOW US YOUR STUFF as well!
are combining this month...so I've used the Palette from Color Me Scrappy [sooo hard to write that word without a 'u'!!]
And my page - both feature my lovely, lovely little step grand-daughters:
 Ooooh! I had FUN!!! This is Brenna's fave photo - which she popped up on Instagram, which I subsequently pinched! The circle is stitched & penciled as well...
 Thanks Mitra for the Sun card! One of my 3rd Eye flair. Love! [heehee!!]...the orange doily is ANCIENT - originally from Chantelle H...who has a great blog going atm:):) The star is Rainbow Splendour...
 Another 3rd Eye flair......
 My chippy title - using THICK crackle paint....it never works for me, but after reading Margy M's blog, I thought I'd give it a go. Originally it was for a vintage page, but got tossed aside...it was just waiting for this page, I'm sure! And I've seen the stitched title thing a few times....recently over at Sian F's blog....so I was eager to give it a whirl:)
...& of course, then I couldn't stop!!!
 
See what I mean about similar??!!!
 Those little flowers & hearts are from my giveaway win over at Joy T's blog....the 'love' flair is my handmade item [one of 'em!!]...I STAMPED IT!!! Pretty neat, huh? They come plain 'kraft' from 3rd Eye so you can 'customize' them yourself!!!
 Some more hand crafted stuff....a Charm's Creations button tucked in beside another crocheted doily...
 My title - with a little fake stitching...
 And a Rainbow Splendour foam star, that I painted to make it a better match!
 I sooo love this photo. I think I've scrapped it once before...but I figure I could do it 3 times - once for Mum's album. Then another couple of times for the girls' albums! So you may see a variation yet again:)
Thanks so much for taking a look at these ones...oh! Those white splats are my [almost signature] Liquid Paper splots....works a treat, I reckon:)
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:A2Z Scraplets [chippy title]
Sandi T [vellum stickers & washi]
Joy T
PS: Don't forget my GIVEAWAY - link on the sidebar!!

26 comments:

  1. Lookis fabulous Lizzy! Love your use of colour and eye for detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fabulous stitching and layering on your layouts! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages Lizzy Love the messy stitching on the Stuck?! sketch, so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two scrumptious pages Lizzy. I've only done one of this type of sketch and it has scared me off them! Not one of my best. Your purple is my orange; I'm not too keen on it. But you made it sing! I especially love the older doilies and the fabric button on "Time less" The little flowers are relish and I see you had a go at the scribbly pencil circles. Love your work :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a great job with both these sketches.....not sure I would know quite where to start with the diagonals. Love the stitched title on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wowwwwww! These are gorgeous!!!!!!! Loveeeeeee the colors, the triangle halves and the stitching!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layouts Lizzy , love the splats and the embellies you have used

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow those sketches are very similar! Each layout looks individual and so lovely, special memories in those photos and when a photo is a fav then I reckon scrap it as many times as you like! Anddddd another weekend nearly over... Very hot here today got to 39.9 not quite got to 40... Hope you have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures, gorgeous colour combinations and those lovely lovely little details which pull us right in for a closer look and a very satisfying scrapbook experience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layouts, Lizzy! Love the idea of customisable flairs! Such fresh and happy layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rocking the diagonal! Love those colors you used for both and the dolies! So pretty! Awesome pages, thanks for sharing with us out here on the interwebs! ;-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving both of your layouts! The stitching is super! I have also been known to scrap the same picture more than once. They do work as gifts!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome pages. That diagonal really adds a graphic punch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waste not, want not hey? I reckon that's the best use of one piece of paper I've ever seen! Fabulous pages - love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, Lizzy! Both pages are absolutely amazing. Funny, I used a big stitched circle on my layout that I made last night without even seeing yours - great minds think alike, my friend!!!!! The photos and titles on both of your pages and fabulous, I just don't know where you find the time!!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both gorgeous layouts Lizzy! I especially love the one for SUYS, such a gorgeous take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us this month over @ SUYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are wonderful layouts! Love all the flair buttons. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is beyond fabulous... so rich with so much fun. depth and beauty .. loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee x

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are such special pages Lizzy! You have such a knack for mixing and matching goodies together...that is just so fabulous! Great designs for these pages....super photies too! Fun and fresh! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your orange page, it's my favourite color!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very creative layout ! Love your vertical journaling ! Thank you for playing at CMS !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lizzie, your little cluster in the top left is gorgeous! Fab take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great take on our sketch Lizzy! I love your layering behind the photo and am so glad you used your signature liquid paper too! ;) thanks for playing along with us at SUYS! X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic take on the SUYS challenge sketch, Lizzy! Love that you've used Rainbow Splendour too!! ;) ;)
    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous take on the SUYS sketch (and the Stuck sketch too!)!! I love all the little details you have included in both pages! :) Thanks for playing along at SUYS!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)