About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 13 October 2014

SKETCHY BOARDS CHALLENGE & my 3rd GDT at CRAZY MONDAY...

Hullo there! I got my MM on for the challenge over at SKETCHY BOARDS this month! They WERE a Facebook challenge, but have just started a blog! So I thought I'd join in:)
I had a bit of paper I'd 'worked on' & put aside:
 Now, it needed a bit of blue & this is where Clear Gesso comes in handy! So as not to 'muddy the colours' - I applied it first, then got to work with my Gelatos. I was aiming to sort of go for the colours in the challenge photo:

 Ended up with this...but it was toooooo much against my photos..... I was trying to follow the sketch that goes along with the challenge too:
But it was way too overpowering. So I covered the whole section where my photos were going with black gesso...then that looked a bit 'bland'....so I whacked on some purple & blue glitter embossing powder whilst the gesso was still damp....& FINALLY, FINALLY ended up with this:
Creating a LO can be quite a journey!! Some closies:
 I used my 3rd Eye brick mask, & also the 'bang' stamp in the corner..
 This tag was from a Polka Dot Creative giveaway... it WAS plain cream til I errr.....gave it some life!!!
 Here you can see the embossing, & a little of the glitter - always difficult to photograph! Some Dusty Attic chippy arrow thingies there...& a silly cut chevron below:
I hope you can join in with Sketchy Boards....it's nice to support new challenge blogs if possible, I always think, & since this is an Aussie one as well - I couldn't resist!!
CRAZY MONDAY KITS
Meanwhile, since I've done a little boy LO, then a mid-size girl LO for Crazy Monday Kits -- I finished up with a Man page [DH starring!!!]....VERY versatile kit it was to do all that with ease!
Tease Time:
sept14 CM Tom spuds FINISHED cup jrnl spch bble
Click HERE to go directly to the post!!
Thanks, as always for visiting & leaving such supportive comments ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
THANKS TO & GOODIES FROM:

17 comments:

  1. What fun to follow this page as it evolved, changed and finally morphed into a triumphant, royal PURPLE! Yay Lizzy; you go girl! 10/10 for persistence; I would have tossed it after about the third try. Love the purple flair, the purple twine, the purple button, the purple title....the hills are alive with the colour purple! Is this your desensitizing page? It's a knockout and just look at that little boy with his big ?Cuz....Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and those bricks in the background!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout, glad I am not the only one who meanders around the layout to finally get to the end product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to experiment...LOVE the end result! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page!!! That background is soooo clever! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Lizzy for supporting sketchy boards, it is appreciated! Love your layout, that background looks amazing and great take on the sketch too! And I,shall go and check out that link! Very busy weekend for me! I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that background looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page and that background is stunning! I love the colouring so super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have so many red brick Victorian buildings round here that I have a real love for anything with a brick background. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the brick bg with blue n purple and the glitter /shimmer behind the photo is WOW !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the background that you had put aside and then the splash of colour with the blues and purples.....WOW! looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well this turned out awesome. Love the background ! and dare I say that bit of purple added really works. I have wanted to do this challenge, but not sure I will get the time. Popping over to the Crazy Monday Kits now to check out your post

    ReplyDelete
  13. BLACK gesso? I see a whole lot of purple going on :D YOU who hated purple... Well you nailed it and I love the background paper... it looked amazing. THe whole layout does but that background was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)