About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 18 October 2014

Scrap Sisters Card & D'Lish Scraps Challenges

Bonjour! I can start like that, since the SCRAP SISTERS is a French challenge blog! Or I see a lot of peeps say 'Coucou'....which is quite a cute greeting, I reckon....anyways, I digress!
The challenge over there is for a card, tag &/or a LO. I'm endeavouring to do all 3!!!
Here's the sketch & colours:
défipageoct2014
The colours are light & mint green, beige, taupe, white/cream & a grey [steel].
The REQUIREMENTS are to use FLOWERS, something TRANSPARENT, LAYERS & 'noeuds'. Well, that stumped me. It stumped Google translate too, which made it into 'nodes'. Ummmm...thank goodness for my friend Marie-Christine.....she sent me a photo. It's a BOW!!! 
Here's my card:
I have embossed the vellum, which is a light green...all the colours are there. In fact, I grudgingly used that lovely sparkly 'rose' that Mitra P sent me ages ago. One of those things you really, REALLY like & don't wanna use.......anyway, it's done now!!
My bow is a big one, behind the whole flower cluster....& I've actually got a little banner UNDER the vellum...
...and another layer under the sentiment:) I really, really enjoyed making this flower card.
There's hope for me yet!!!!!
So, I have covered the criteria....
Meanwhile:
D'LISH SCRAPS
have a mood board challenge, with an optional sketch, which I didn't use:
 
I had this lovely photo of my step grand girl, & it just fitted the colours so well:) And it was the colours I went with, as well as the flowers:):)
Also, I have to think Lindy G for the lovey BoBunny goodies and some flowers she gifted me - both have been used a LOT here:)
 Are you proud of me? I've used both RIBBON and CHIPPY and FLOWERS. Please don't keel over with shock;) The ribbon is from Keren Tamir. The chippy is Dusty Attic...
 I've heat embossed the chippy...
LOTS of flowers!!! May have slightly gone overboard! The wooden heart has been given the nail polish treatment. Of course!
The flowers come from all over - Zeus & Zoe, Meg's Garden, Dusty Attic...
 And those Heidi Swapp words. They're so....pretty!!!! From my left-over Crazy Mondays kit.....
I added some masking with Versamark ink, then heat embossed those hexagons for behind the photo...to match in with those already on the page:)
Thanks D'Lish for a wonderful mood board:):)
As always, thanks so much for popping on by ~ Hope you had fun looking!
&
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: Don't forget my GIVEAWAY - link on the sidebar!!

20 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card.........soooooo pretty. Love what you have done with the ribbon behind the birdcage on your beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super pretty projects Lizzy. Love the embossed vellum on the card and look at you of with the flowers and Chippies. Your Grand girl looks so relaxed and happy on her gorgeous page. I really like the shaped mat and the birdcage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness that card is just beautiful and love your layout as well. Look at you go , flowers, chipboard and for a moment I thought the colour palette was purple in the french one lol. Talk about conquering your fears, and you have done it beautifully. Love the colour palette of your layout and such a happy, beautiful photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very pretty...but your layout is gorgeous. Love the stenciled work on the background and I love the flow of art across the page xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey hey hey Lizzy, simply spectacular ... fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhhh I love love love love your card and your lo!!! LOVING all the flowers!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic projects, especially love your gorgeous card. I would have had no idea what a 'noeuds' was either - how bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaa Lizzy! I have still don't have land line or internet but we have managed to hot spot (COMPLICATED!!!) neales phone and get some internet on our computer.. so to just wanted to come by and check out what you have been up to.. Love your card, very pretty, and love the layout you have done for d_lIsh too.. great used of the colors and sweet photo.. Thanks for joining in at D-Lish scraps this month.. and have a good day.. Have been on the phone to telstra more times than I can remember, and they are saying tuesday it should be fixed by.. bummer for all of us who need to use computers.. and nisha has a pupil free day tomorrow and heaps of homework she needs the computer for.. so she is gunna get behind... anyways.... gives me time to scrap.. but getting serious with drawal from checking my favourite blogs.. ...xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. FLOWERS !!!!!!! Go you Lizzy - I am so impressed by how beautifully you have used them. I love your card and your LO is beautiful! Those flowers are perfect for the super cute, girlie photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOH, Me likey this one Lizzy. Love the blue background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this layout! So full of colour and lots of fun! Great take on the board. And as for the flowers - well, you can never have too many if you ask me, (but I might have a slight problem with my flower addiction! LOL) Really loving your chippie pieces too, great work! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that card and I see more flowers... Go Lizzy... purple and flowers conquered :P Love the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! Really pretty! LOVE that you are getting on the bloom bandwagon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great take on the mood board Lizzy. I love the blue background and stencilling. The whole page really pops! Thanks for playing at D-lish Scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elegant and pretty card and a super fun and vibrant page! The photo is fabulous and I love the BoBunny paper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. both your layout and card captures the mood of the scrap sister challenge beautifully, but I must admit being someone who finds it hard to use bunch of flowers on my project convincingly, it's the card that does it for me. love the colour palette how it tones down the girliness of the flower, the grey softness of the bow and that lovely embossed vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Je l'adore!!!!!!
    Your card Lizzy is just "SPLENDIDE"
    Merci!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The detail on the page is incredible - as per usual, of course. Love, love what you've done with the birdcage. So beautiful. Can't believe I'm saying this to you...but thanks for joining us at D-Lish Scraps for the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad our D-lish mood board inspired! Such a beautiful interpretation!! Thanks for joining in at D-lish this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)