About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 16 October 2014

Once Upon A...Sketch - October Challenge

It's the middle of the month, which means it's time for our reveal over at ONCE UPON A...SKETCH.
This month's challenge is one I think most peeps will be able to relate to:
Journalling Theme:
"The women/girls etc in our lives"
You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 
Here's what I created. My Mum stars!!!
Gold heat embossing also stars - no surprise there, right??!!!
 And my 3rd Eye fave mask of the moment also stars!!!!
 That little bit of purple coloured card? Dusty Attic packaging!!! LOTS of SODAlicious pp, too...
 Oh, I dooooo like a bit 'o' flair, too:):) And below is my journaling....felt like doing 'messy writing' for a change!!!
And here's my page:
I do hope you will join us at ONCE UPON A...SKETCH this month:)
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. A lovely page for your Mum . Love your touches of gold and twine around your layers very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the gold , layers and the jute around the pic...So lovely page, Lizzy!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page and tribute to your mum with the gold stars! Love all dem layers under your photo too.. Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhh I love love love this! LOVING the colors and that yummy textured background you created!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely tribute to your darling Mother with the gold bits and MM background. Of corse the flair looks fab; they just go with everything perfectly. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous page on mum! I love the gold embossing...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this on OUAS Lizzy. Love it! The gold is a perfect touch. And gosh, like mother, like daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cool Lizzy, a really fab page of your mum....I love the gold and the creative bg with so many fun and funky details. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout of your Mum Lizzy!!! Thanks for your comments on my revamped blog!!! (I've made the most of an unintentional day off today. (Sick child at home!) And got very motivated to get stuck in. Funny how things happen for a reason! It really feels great with a fresh new look now. I'm still plugging away at all the missing photos, but will get there! Hey, well done you on yet ANOTHER.... DT GIG! i'M very envious and pleased for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely page of your mum Lizzy. I love your mixed media background and those awesome gold touches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely layout with a lot of beautiful details ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome page for your mom! I love the background work, with the touches of gold, and the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabulous LO, Lizzy. Love your super textures!! Great photo of your mom!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish that my mom was around to see my grandies. I can think of nothing better than spending time with both of them. You are so lucky Lizzy. A treasure memory for sure. A beautiful layout too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blast it! My comment disappeared!! Awesome layout Lizzy, full of yummy goodness!! Adore the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super page of your Mum....I love the bacground and textures....and a super photo too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)