About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 10 October 2014

LESSology OCTOBER Challenge - CREATE A SCENE:


I've copied & pasted my blog post for you from over at LESSOLOGY. Remember! You can do any sort of project, as long as you have at least ONE recycled/upcycled item - in this case I've used a box......BEAUTIFUL SCENERY is the challenge - so you need to create a scene....pop your thinking cap on & have a 'go' at this one!!!!!
Hi there! I really had fun with this challenge....scenery is something I'm not good at - cos despite being a paper-crafter, I am by NO stretch of the imagination an artist. So, I let the papers do the work for me!
 
 Some old October Afternoon papers already had a scene on them! So I did a bit of fussy cutting. Luckily, I'd just been given a few of these boxes from my BFF who came to visit & obv knows me well;)
 I added some background pp from the same collection, a bit of stencil work & also some Gelatos to add some depth for my house to 'sit' on its hill!
Then simply added the bits & bobs. It's a box for my step grandson. I think he'll like it!
 I added a touch of blue, with some distress ink & a water pen, for sky, above the 'hill', too:)
 And coated the whole top with a gloss lacquer to protect it.
 Oh, and a bit of washi around the edges:)
I hope you have as much fun with this challenge as I did:):)
Just look at the YUMMY prize from STUDIO CALICO up for grabs:
The link direct to our LESSology challenge is HERE
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS: I'm up over at CRAZY MONDAY KITS with the 2nd GDT LO I created using their marvellous September kit......closies etc are HERE.
sept14 CM charlie bdy WHOLE PIXLR
Had a BALL doing an almost 'PL' style page:):)

13 comments:

  1. So much goodies in one blog post...a true feast for the eye....the box is mega cool and I love the scenery you have created on the lid. There is no way you cannot like this one. Congrats on another GD page, it is such a darling page and what a fun design making it into a PL look alike, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise what Lessology was all about so I took a peek at it yesterday. I'm thinking of joining in at some stage but I definitely have to think about some clever upcycling. Thanks for telling us about the gloss lacquer. It's always good to know the products and mediums people use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow!!! These are gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the 'scene' on your box and loving the colors and banner on your lo!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow ... outstanding funkiness !!!! full of texture, beauty and passion .. love x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure the box will be very much liked by the Grandson, it is very cool and I am sure will hold lots of treasures, very clever you are . Beautiful layout, the colours look so lovely together and it is almost PL, A lovely , happy layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous projects Lizzy. I just love the homely feel of the recycled box; what a super gift. The happy page with the word banners and graphic style is perfect for the Multi-photo layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the transformation of the box, it looks so cute! Love the sun and clouds and cute house too! And fabulous layout too! I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I love that box.... what a cool scene. Great idea too - it's why I love visiting your blog - cool ideas... which for me is a bit like pinterest. I pin things I love but never get round to trying them... same thing here :D
    Stunning layout - looks like a lovely birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that October Afternoon houses paper is a real favourite of mine. Now I'm feeling the need to go and cut out some littles houses because this is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what fabulous projects Lizzy! I love that box - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That box is awesome Lizzy, your grandson is going to love it!!! Such a cool idea and a fabulous little scene, he's going to put his most treasured pieces in there for sure. Your 'almost PL' page is fantastic! Such a fun page and it certainly looks like everyone had a great time!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooooh I LOVE that box! What an adorable little scene you've created xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ur box is such a perfect gift for a lil boy to keep his found treasures safe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)