About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 3 October 2014

BOSTIK POST #4 - SPRING IS IN THE AIR...

...in fact, it's well & truly here in NSW! Sooo to celebrate, this month I thought I'd create a mini canvas with lots of blooms on it! Something to cheer up my scrappy space:)
And I'm featuring TWO fabulous BOSTIK products. Their hot glue guns [I used the smaller version]:
Bostik Glue Guns 
And their WONDERFUL [especially for OTP projects] PVA glue:
So, I thought I'd do a step by step....
 I covered my canvas with the PVA glue, using the tissue paper that I then stuck down:
Then, below, I covered the whole lot with gesso using a sponge:
Now I had some interesting texture. Next I used a plastic doily [thanks Mitra!] & misted over the top:
 
 Now for the fun part - adding flowers! Those of you who know me well, know I do not usually 'do' flowers - but I thought this was a REALLY good, neat way of using some up. So, I totally randomly glued them on - easy peasy with this glue gun - working from largest to smallest, then tucked some leaves in as well:
 Now, I'm a lazy peep who does NOT like dusting, so my final step is to cover the whole canvas with a coat of PVA glue - it gives a LOVELY glossy, shiny, protective coating! Here's a closie of me 'painting' it on:
And the final result:
 I added some gesso as well....thanks for the accordion blooms Tone-Lil!!
 Here's a side on view so you can see the dimension.....& below, the Mica Flakes that add extra sparkle:
 The roses below are from Dusty Attic & Meg's Garden:
And TA-DA!!!
Thanks so much for taking this creative journey with me.
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Bostik Australia
Bostik Facebook page
Tone-Lil
Meg's Garden
Dusty Attic
And HAPPY SCRAPPING my friends ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS Canvas Lizzy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lizzy! Love the textured background and all the of those lovely blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! Certainly a happy canvas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeekkk! I saw this on Facebook and now it is here all big and lovely on your blog for me to take a good PEEP at! Love that doily and lucky girl you getting to play with some good glues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo gorgeous! I Love love love love love this!! LOVING those flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - just like a cottage garden in Spring. Thanks for the step by step and for a gal who doesn't like to use flowers, you showcased them perfectly. I'm going to try that glue gun....mine is very difficult to work with...it sets in about 1 second and leaves a big lump :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you reckon you dont 'do' flowers.. flooeey! you do now!! hehe! This is so gorgeous, love all the flowers and love the texture on the back ground too.. I look forward to seeing you doing flowers more in future projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Divine. Love the process photos and your close ups just make me want to touch it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo! How gorgeous is this! Love how that top layer (dust protector) of PVA has brought up the richness in the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy-licious... who says you don't do flowers. I reckon you do them rather well. I never though about covering them for protection before... good idea... love this canvas. Also never use my glue gun - soooo messy... I do however LOVE Bostick Gel... I use it for EVERYTHING... it doesn't come undone ever... fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you got your texture and look at all those flowers ! Very pretty and now I think we will be seeing more flowers from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is bloomin marvelous!!!!!! LOL....so pretty Lizzy and thanks for the step by step....way cool! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A canvas loaded with so many Beautiful blooms that too by Lizzy !! Superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow..look at you go with those blooms...this is sooooooooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)